Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wingerwanger
21 Jul 21 16:10
| Topic/replies: 5 | Blogger: wingerwanger's blog
Part One of the four part interview is live. https://www.starsportsbet.co.uk/bettingpeople-terry-ramsden/

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Jul 21 16:40
watch 10 mins of the first one ..knocked it off....he is a big headed git
By:
jamesdean
When: 21 Jul 21 16:49
Should be worth a watch, thanks for posting
By:
dr . atkins
When: 21 Jul 21 16:52
got some great stories but when you done 100 million and went skint that's all they are stories rather still have the money
By:
sludge
When: 21 Jul 21 17:13
I found it very entertaining. Very much looking forward to the next 3 parts.
By:
acey deucy
When: 21 Jul 21 17:21
I loved the guys style but another mug at the end of the Day.
By:
acey deucy
When: 21 Jul 21 17:22
How many Millions did he lose on the gee gees?
By:
wingerwanger
When: 21 Jul 21 17:54
Ha ha I see this forum hasn't changed much!
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Jul 21 18:01
top bloke and great interview ,crab him all ya like but who wouldnt have swapped places with him in those days ? not many! ok he has had  good days and bad days but better to have had it and the fun spending it than not having it!
By:
second again
When: 21 Jul 21 18:01
When he had money he gave some to Bliss,a charity for premature babies.As my twin girls were in incubators about that time(35 years ago) I was always grateful for his donations.
By:
themightymac
When: 21 Jul 21 18:10
He always struck me as a generous guy and second again`s post confirms that.

Must be worse ending up skint after having millions.

It was rumoured that he used to bet in hundreds of thousands with the red firm.

Do you think he would pass an affordability check if he were betting now Crazy

Good luck to the guy.
By:
themightymac
When: 21 Jul 21 18:12
... I meant pass an affordability check if they had been in place back then.
By:
cardifffc
When: 21 Jul 21 18:15
very modest with his 195 IQ
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 21 Jul 21 18:17
That must have been a help to the prison library
By:
dr . atkins
When: 21 Jul 21 18:18
people it seems like to see people like terry ramsden and nick leeson as cult heroes but they lost everything yes having a great time doing it but lost it all ladbrokes did not give him a direct line for nothing lol.me a like to see people in this game who started out with nothing got the money
BUT still have the money they are the people i want to learn from it will be very good value the podcast but terry ramsden only answered the questions he wanted to answer that it seems was the condition giving the interview.it seems that wingerwanger don't like some of the replies my answer to that don't put the thread up for people to watch simple really
By:
Ramruma
When: 21 Jul 21 22:08
An odd interview.

The interviewer asks crass and inane questions, which Ramsden ignores to tell his own story.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 21 Jul 21 22:19
Simon the rest of the series is miles better, some great pieces of work in there.
By:
jonjon
When: 21 Jul 21 22:21
There’s a YouTube video akin to the Findlay one done in 97/98.

Ffs he’s betting place and show in America and giving it large to the camera that he bet ‘the winner ‘

IQ 195 ??  Maybe. Cos anyone I’ve met with intelligence that high is a ****g deluded sociopath.

And our Tel certainly is one.
By:
penzance
When: 21 Jul 21 22:31
see that meself a while ago,were'nt he living in
a hotel or motel?
By:
ballyregan
When: 21 Jul 21 22:33
kelvin his accountant one backing the shorties
By:
howard
When: 22 Jul 21 12:49
Stephen Little suggested " If you can get on with Ladbrokes you don't want to be on "
By:
wingerwanger
When: 22 Jul 21 16:42
Not at all worried about the replies that aren't complimentary I forgot how much fun it was on here. makes twitter look like a playground. I'm not sure why my title is wingerwanger on here either ha ha I must have been boozing at the time. I'm not sure about the 'Inane' and 'Crass' questions either,I hardly ask any, it's not meant to be Paxman but entertaining. Anyway, thanks for all the comments good or bad.
By:
acey deucy
When: 22 Jul 21 16:46
Shocked
By:
duffy
When: 22 Jul 21 17:02
Try and get Matt Tombs, would like to listen to him.
By:
johnwayne
When: 22 Jul 21 17:02
staggered people on here cant relate to terry. so many bitter people
By:
duffy
When: 22 Jul 21 17:25
johnwayne 22 Jul 21 16:02 
staggered people on here cant relate to terry. so many bitter people

Couldn't agree more, 30 years ago people would regard the likes of Findlay and Ramsden as heroes, but these days many are too busy drowning in their spreadsheets and trading tools and just can't relate to this type of gambler.
By:
Ramruma
When: 22 Jul 21 17:43
@themightymac -- the interview talks about £200k+ bets with Ladbrokes. As for affordability checks, Ramsden was easily worth £150 million which he'd made in the City trading Japanese warrants.

Sorry for offending @wingerwanger by dissing his questions.

Part two is online now btw.
By:
ballyregan
When: 22 Jul 21 17:45
how much is terry worth now
By:
workrider
When: 22 Jul 21 17:48
I must say I enjoyed both pieces, Terry a little long winded but still of huge interest , can't wait to hear the real story re him v Stein . Some magical moments and you could still see what it meant to him as he spoke about the secret gallop. Mick Ryan must have been some drinking partner...
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 22 Jul 21 18:28
many dont like  harry findlay or terry ramsden ,to me they are top blokes coming from humble backgrounds and most would love to have their lives in their heyday  ,to these stuck up arsholes   they are the "cockney jack the lad" types they think have no   right to be succesfull  and have money , it rankles with them ! how can these lower class  wide boys who went to comprehensive schools and had working class backgrounds be succesfull ? its a fookin liberty these types should be in the gutter where they belong !  best of luck tel and harry.
By:
workrider
When: 22 Jul 21 18:40
Foyleswar, I always liked Harry and his sense of humour , didn't hear Terry that often so not up to speed on him, but i fully agree with you. I also love to see the working class doing well especially in this game..
By:
penzance
When: 22 Jul 21 18:44
Ramsden always came across as someone with a
big chip on his shoulder.
By:
doorman99
When: 22 Jul 21 19:57
Loving it, great entertainment.
By:
G Hall
When: 23 Jul 21 00:29
Really enjoyed the first two parts, can't wait for the rest.
By:
Ramruma
When: 23 Jul 21 04:17
Part 3 is up and the action moves to Cheltenham.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 23 Jul 21 07:52
197 IQ and buys a company with 18k turnover and following year 3.5 billion turnoverLaugh this guy is a genius
By:
GAZO
When: 23 Jul 21 08:05
everybody is a genius when things are going right,you find out the real genius by what they do when things are going wrong
By:
ladycarla
When: 23 Jul 21 09:49
Thanks for posting, great stories Cool
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 10:48
guys if havent already i reccomend you watch most if not all the "betting people " articles great insight and you can learn an awfull lot form these guys especially the guys who have give up the day jobs and turned pro,took me about 2 or 3 days to watch most of them and watched them again just to make sure i ingested it all ,tipsters ,pros and traders ,bookies, sports bettors the lot  theres even 4 films from a compulsive gambler to watch .great and highly reccomended .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 23 Jul 21 10:49
watch all the betting people films on youtube^^^^^^^
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo