Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
20 Jul 21 11:39
| Topic/replies: 23,154 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
Bold as brass,,,,,snowflakes fakin seething.........Get it right up ye !! LaughLaughLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Just walked through my supermarket...
Show More
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:17 PM BST
Agree entirely GB
Dusty, do you wear a bullet/stab proof vest?
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 3:24 PM BST
Why, is there blood being spilt by the Deli counter?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:27 PM BST
There was stabbing in New Cross hospital this morning. The mask didn't help the staff worker Cry
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 3:28 PM BST
They dont bring much luck picking lottery numbers either...
Report Facts July 21, 2021 3:29 PM BST
Storm Alert 21 Jul 21 08:31 
I pop my mask on around people and will continue to do so until the infection rate is under control. I don’t like wearing it but no great hardship and if it protects vulnerable people got to be the decent thing to do.

Right now our government are conducting some sort of herd immunity experiment with vaccinated adults and unvaccinated kids and longterm outcome is an unknown. Vibes from scientific community not particularly encouraging tbh. I just hope we aren’t back in lockdown though the winter.

Spot on.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:31 PM BST
Google stabbing in supermarkets UK
What are the cons of wearing a stab/proof vest Dusty?
In supermarkets.
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 3:34 PM BST
How about on busses and trains etc...you going guns blazing like a free world hero on those as well?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:37 PM BST
Why are you getting sniffy Dusty?
On a scale of 1-10 how scared are you and do you double mask up?
Treat yourself to 3

Just kidding
The gov say its ok to breathe freely, you can come out now
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 3:40 PM BST
What do you think the death rates will look like by 10 Aug?

Higher than before opening up or lower?
Of all the things you could get anal about...you get huffy because others cant see your face.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Dusty
Give me some evidence that masks make a difference
Up until now you've come across as sensible and someone who deals with life's problems empirically
But it seems with a small amount of fear installed you've dropped apart and emotion has clouded your thoughts

If the government decides masks aren't needed, then that's good enough for me
I reckon they've looked into the evidence, don't you?
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Good enough for you?
How do you know when they government are always speaking out each side of their mouths?
They make it up as they go along.
Masks are thought to have some virtues in certain circumstances, so wouldnt if have been more sensible to have staggered the 'freedom' aspect so that as opening up happens the use of masks in certain situations is continued to be encouraged, instead of grandstanding rhetoric which even before the date arrives the 'unthinkable' is suggested.
They said no more lockdowns....then couldnt rule it out.

Im not in fear I just find it completely childish of people to moan about the fact they might be asked to wear a mask for a period of time.
Report BARROWBOY July 21, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Went into my local supermarket early this morning,was interesting to note that every single woman I saw in there were wearing a mask,men I’d say about 50%
Report duffy July 21, 2021 3:55 PM BST
Just kidding
The gov say its ok to breathe freely, you can come out now

Haven't you figured it out yet? The Govt are gambling that it is now OK to go with the herd immunity route and want masks off to enable us all to become infected as the vaccination program will protect the strongest and bin off the rest, what other possible reason could there possible reason could there possibly be for nightclubs to be allowed to reopen?

It's no surprise that Vallance (chief herd immunity cheerleader at the start) was standing beside Johnson at the latest press conference but Whitty was nowhere to be seen.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:57 PM BST
What are the pros of wearing a mask?
We have not been asked to wear one
How are you qualified to demand I wear something I don't want to or feel the need to?
Who is to say that long term breathing in co2 won't have detrimental effect to my health in future

In fact, that's what I'm going with
No evidence or proof to back up my claim just a hunch that it will do me harm
Figures to follow in 5 years
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 3:59 PM BST
duffy, whilst I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, reading into what the governments intentions are is difficult and I'd rather go with evidence or non-evidence as the case may be
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 4:04 PM BST
People are moaning at non-maskers
See opening post
Anyway, this argument is akin to an atheist arguing about the existence of god in my case
I see masks as irrelevant
Good luck.
Stay well Cool
Report duffy July 21, 2021 4:06 PM BST
If you have a virus that can be transported via breath and water droplets emanating from another person, wouldn't you say that common sense would tell you that a barrier provides protection.

Anyway, the reason that many won't wear one is down to the fact that the virus and its symptoms doesn't frighten people and that's its most potent weapon, it promotes a casual approach which allows it to prosper.

Answer this question:

If there was no evidence that a mask protected you against the virus but it killed you in a matter of days if you got it would you still not wear a mask?
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 4:06 PM BST
Spot on jcm !! LaughLaugh
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 4:09 PM BST
If it were good enough during lockdown to impose it might there be enough reason to assume theres merit in wearing them under certain conditions, or is that a test of governmental faith too far, since they seemingly have no ruck with by-passing parliament these days? (were doing it before Covid)

You will still me asked to wear one on London Transport I believe.

This is about how stoical people are as individuals. We found out early who arnt.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 4:31 PM BST
I certainly am not. Just "popping" your mask on, eh?

Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 4:34 PM BST
Storm Alert21 Jul 21 08:31Joined: 22 Oct 02 | Topic/replies: 6,094 | Blogger: Storm Alert's blog
I pop my mask on

Just popping a rag over your respiratory system, eh? You bloody idiot.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 4:37 PM BST
Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 4:43 PM BST
"It's just while there's a virus about."
"It's just to make everyone feel safe."
"It's just about not looking out of place."
"It's just popping a surgical mask over your face."
Report cardifffc July 21, 2021 4:43 PM BST
agree with storm alert...great post.....anti maskers think it is some great victory
Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 4:46 PM BST
You'd just pop your head in a cement mixer if everyone else was doing it.
Report cardifffc July 21, 2021 4:49 PM BST
ron do santos ..governer of florida a anti masker  and not a great lover of the vaccine.....20% of  covid US casers are in Florida.....on here he would be KING RON
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 5:17 PM BST
You'd just pop your head in a cement mixer if everyone else was doing it.LaughLaughLaugh
Report screaming from beneaththewaves July 21, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Florida Coronavirus Deaths Per Day is at a current level of 9.00, unchanged from 9.00 yesterday and down from 87.00 one year ago. This is a change of 0.00% from yesterday and -89.66% from one year ago.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/florida_coronavirus_deaths_per_day
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 5:21 PM BST
acey deucy
Just walked through my supermarket without a mask..

Never realised you was in the grocery business and a far cry from working as a stable lad.Plain
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Just doing my shopping sparrow.Plain
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 5:26 PM BST
And they dont say stable lads anymore old timer it's workriders thank you very much.Grin
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 5:46 PM BST
Workrider a different job surely, acey.
Or did they call everyone a stable lad in the past even a groom?
Report tanglefoot July 21, 2021 5:53 PM BST
I blame Chairman Mao.
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 6:06 PM BST
No I blame Ramsay MacDonald.
Report cardifffc July 21, 2021 6:11 PM BST
screaming....there are 50 states in america but 20% of covid cases are in florida.....you think RON is doing a fine job??
Report themightymac July 21, 2021 6:25 PM BST
To take pleasure out of causing anxiety to old people in supermarkets by not wearing a mask is disgusting.

Whether you think facemasks work or not is irrelevant. There are a lot of pensioners out their who live on their own and have to venture into supermarkets despite the great fear and anxiety caused to them due to the pandemic.

If wearing a mask for 10 minutes when shopping reduces the fear and anxiety they suffer visiting shops, then surely wearing a mask, regardless of your thoughts, is the humanitarian thing to do.

Try thinking of others rather than yourselves ya bunch of selfish *****.
Report dustybin July 21, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Its remarkable how the non wearing of a mask becomes symbollic of Western freedoms during a pandemic, but I bet hardly any of those getting in a latter over it protested when the Snooper's Charter was passed.
Report fife July 21, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Well said themightymac.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 6:44 PM BST
Seems apt. The government have tried this sort of emotional blackmail to get people to do things in the last 18 months.
They will be flattered.
How will you feel if the masks are proven in the future to provide a false sense of security to the pensioners and they die because of you?
Still no evidence of the efficacy of masks
You will get ZERO protestations if evidence arrives. I promise
Report sparrow July 21, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Wholeheartedly agree with mac, fife and dustybin. Waste of time arguing with these people.
Report saddo July 21, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Surely the anxious people will be wearing them and will be protected themightymac. If they feel two masks are better than one they can wear two.
Report fife July 21, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Saddo the masks protect others rather than the wearer which is why it is selfish imo not to wear one in crowded spaces.
Report saddo July 21, 2021 7:21 PM BST
I cant understand the science behind that, is it one way cloth? If so they can turn em inside out.
Report cardifffc July 21, 2021 7:39 PM BST
glad you are not a scientist then......of course we should ignore science and believe people on a betting forum
Report saddo July 21, 2021 7:42 PM BST
I simply wasn't aware that cloth masks stop a virus getting out, but wont stop one coming in.
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 7:59 PM BST
masks stop water globules from breath, coughing and sneezing spreading as widely as they would without a mask. It isn't a difficult concept to grasp.
Report saddo July 21, 2021 8:12 PM BST
I haven't heard anyone cough or sneeze in a shop for 18 months, they wouldn't these days would they. That apart, cloth doesn't stop a virus being breathed out or in, as you'll be aware.
Report wondersobright July 21, 2021 8:22 PM BST
the belief in the mask is pseudoscientific bullshit
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 8:23 PM BST
Can't you read?

You aren't a stupid man, so you must be basically a liar.  Sorry but that's the truth.  SBTW another one.  Why are you so desperate to ignore simple concepts?
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 8:25 PM BST
and wondersobright is mentally ill, probably shouldn't be allowed to bet.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 8:28 PM BST
this concept of yours. does it involve comparing the size of virus particles to droplets?
why didn't we all wear masks to stop the flu virus? lots of sneezing, coughing etc there.
was it because they are a waste of time against miniscule flu particles? tiny tiny tiny ickle particles like covid ones
you better get on to Whitty Dave. Crazy
Report impossible123 July 21, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Some of the injured horses and those not made the grade were sent to Drury Abattoir; people not wearing mask in confined places eg supermarkets during a pandemic (72 deaths latest, and increasing) got off scot-free. This is the world we live in: one rule for humans, another for horses!

BHA, plz get your act together!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 8:31 PM BST
you make more sense than dave with your post imp and you are on the wrong thread! Laugh
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 8:32 PM BST
Jumping-cuckoo-monk • July 21, 2021 8:28 PM BST
this concept of yours. does it involve comparing the size of virus particles to droplets?

Read the fu king post
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 8:34 PM BST
^^ For a man that is pretty much wrong about everything that's rich.

Anyway have to have a shower after conversing with the forum filth.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 8:35 PM BST
lol at Dave on this thread. stamping his feet and throwing insults
is this the kind of guy who sounds like he knows what he's on about? Laugh
give us data proving the efficacy of masks in this pandemic or foysc
Report wondersobright July 21, 2021 8:39 PM BST
Laugh there is none, as dave is well aware
Report wondersobright July 21, 2021 8:40 PM BST
heard it on the BBC & parroted it to anybody who will listen for the last 16 months
Report wondersobright July 21, 2021 8:40 PM BST
1 of life's useful idiots
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 8:42 PM BST
sh1t scared is Dave. hysterical. has been since the start.
a scientist he aint Laugh
Report wondersobright July 21, 2021 8:44 PM BST
Laugh
Report ballyregan July 21, 2021 9:07 PM BST
rumbustious thread
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 21, 2021 9:11 PM BST
It always kicks of when davenumbers pays a visit Bally
He's so feisty! Cool
Report saddo July 21, 2021 9:38 PM BST
People believe different things, look at religion and superstitions. Pointless getting angry with someone who doesn't believe the same as you.
Report layingisthewayforward July 21, 2021 10:10 PM BST
Most of us stopped wearing them weeks ago ya clown.
Report ladycarla July 21, 2021 10:54 PM BST
With the pings pinging loud and clear I hope the mask wearing brigade with keep their 2 metres when the last loaf is on the shelf Wink
Report ladycarla July 21, 2021 10:54 PM BST
* Will
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 11:00 PM BST
themightymac21 Jul 21 17:25Joined: 05 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 29,475 | Blogger: themightymac's blog
To take pleasure out of causing anxiety to old people in supermarkets by not wearing a mask is disgusting.

Whether you think facemasks work or not is irrelevant. There are a lot of pensioners out their who live on their own and have to venture into supermarkets despite the great fear and anxiety caused to them due to the pandemic.

If wearing a mask for 10 minutes when shopping reduces the fear and anxiety they suffer visiting shops, then surely wearing a mask, regardless of your thoughts, is the humanitarian thing to do.

Try thinking of others rather than yourselves ya bunch of selfish *****.

Walofb.
Report Tiger Tiger July 21, 2021 11:04 PM BST
Just walked through my supermarket without a mask...
acey deucy

20 Jul 21 11:39Joined: 29 Sep 02 | Topic/replies: 22,987 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
Bold as brass,,,,,snowflakes fakin seething.........Get it right up ye !!

Ya hard fooka, taking on all those old ladies at once.
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 11:05 PM BST
Blush
Report acey deucy July 21, 2021 11:24 PM BST
Exactly George, when will the thick **** in here realise that.Plain
Report ladycarla July 21, 2021 11:26 PM BST
If you're wearing a mask because you think your a danger to others, why are you going shopping in the first place!! Selfish comes to mind Crazy
Report BennyBinion1 July 22, 2021 8:50 AM BST
Average age of death from covid still in mid 80s, with any healthy adult 99.9 per cent likely to beat it easily.

Nothing has changed.
Report Larabrown July 22, 2021 8:54 AM BST
Usual stuff from the OAP males on the UKIP forum. So utterly out of touch with modern life; it`s quite sweet.
Report cardifffc July 22, 2021 9:38 AM BST
benny...25 children have died  from covid in the UK....but iyo thats ok....tell that to the parents of the 25
Report rooster booster July 22, 2021 9:38 AM BST
Forum full of Covid experts arguing who's right and who's wrong.

Who are the sheeple ? The ones who have had the vaccine or the one's who haven't and more to the point who gives a sh1t?

If you want the vaccine get it, If you don't want it fair enough. It's a personal choice at the end of the day.

Get a life ffs..
Report dustybin July 22, 2021 10:19 AM BST
Ladycarla.

People have to eat, do you think going to do the shopping is excessive? Sure there are deliveries, but they can’t come close to meeting demand and besides shouldn’t they be reserved for those in most need of them?

Larabrown

I’m assuming the Ukips swivel eyed among us to whom you refer are the ones who seem to associate the baring of faces to the breakfast cereal isle was what Normandy was all about?

There’s a world wide pandemic, we are not out of the woods, the government fall from one side of the argument to the other, if anything the sanity of the people is what delivers the best results not those in government. Argue about how necessary face masks were after, don’t take instructions or advice to be personal insults on your cosy lives….chances are you have it easy.
Report Manoleeds July 22, 2021 10:28 AM BST
Will all be irrelevant shortly as the shelves will be empty https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9813093/Make-supermarket-staff-EXEM...
Report dustybin July 22, 2021 11:05 AM BST
It’s almost as though the government don’t even know what they are doing…..again.

A question for all those who seem to follow the gospel of Boris the Farter.
Considering last Friday there were restriction and by Monday they had been swept aside and replaced by another ambiguous term, ‘caution’, that effectively gives the green light to clear away all manifestations of virus defence.
Let’s say you weren’t just a citizen having to decide on whether you put the mask on in those enclosed spaces, let’s say for sake of argument you are the CEO of a large supermarket chain.

Would you clear away all those Perspex screens at the checkouts and unpeel all the 2m signs on the floor just because the clutz that is Boris has chosen Monday as a sacrificial cow?
Would you put all those workers in the direct line of danger just because Boris has implied everything will be fine?
Report BennyBinion1 July 22, 2021 11:38 AM BST
U can go into a nightclub/ event covid positive but double jabbed.

U are refused entry to night club/ event covid negative unjabbed.

Negative test means nothing.

Boris's words!

And there are STILL grown adults who think this is about a virus 11th in the UK list for daily death causes.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Screens are not porous so may have an impact. Keep em. Good for security too.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 11:45 AM BST
You can also thump the screen to alert the staff who have gone walkabout.
Report The Management July 22, 2021 12:03 PM BST
Is this the same Boris that (on the evening before the schools were due to go back) announced that schools were 100% safe.
Only to then announce the next day (after all the children had returned) that all schools must be closed (essentially getting 12 million little blighters together in groups of 32, locked in a little room together and giving them just that one day to infect each other and their families)Laugh

Of course the idea that any school was ever closed if a complete myth - but best to keep that quiet and pretend that teachers have had 16 months off - just in case they want a pay rise.

On Sunday morning he made a statement (which really means he leaked a statement - to see what the media reaction would be) to say that he and the chancellor would NOT be self-isolating. Two hours later he announced that they would be!

This is the bloke in charge LaughLaugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:07 PM BST
Mp holiday starts today, Boris needs one Cool
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:09 PM BST
To be fair if he leaks stuff to ascertain the feedback from the people, then he is listening to the people? A good thing
He tried spin doctors and look how that panned out
Report The Management July 22, 2021 12:13 PM BST
To be fair - he was ahead of the game relative to other world leaders in some respects - he was the first world leader to catch it and also the first world leader to catch it twice. Kudos.
Report The Management July 22, 2021 12:17 PM BST
Jumping-cuckoo-monk22 Jul 21 11:09Joined: 25 Feb 19 | Topic/replies: 2,188 | Blogger: Jumping-cuckoo-monk's blog
To be fair if he leaks stuff to ascertain the feedback from the people, then he is listening to the people?

The people? - No! - He leaks stuff to see how The Daily Mail, The Express and a couple of other news outlets will react. It's not unique to him - it's been that way since Blair.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:17 PM BST
I wouldn't hold that against him. Plenty have caught the virus.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:19 PM BST
You don't think the people's reaction is measured at all in these leaks?
Report salmon spray July 22, 2021 12:20 PM BST
I am awaiting a heart bypass op and have breathing difficulties. Despite that I have been wearing a mask in supermarkets since last summer. I've not been going anywhere else except for medical appts. The heat is really getting to me and i didn't do my usual supermarket trip on Tue afternoon. I need to go today but am waiting till the evening when hopefully it is a little less hot. I have been double-jabbed for months but I will still be wearing a mask in the shop as I have some concern for my fellow human beings,including the unvaccinated.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:21 PM BST
You must be barmy
Breathing difficulties and you wear a mask.
Report The Management July 22, 2021 12:24 PM BST
I think most people believe what they are told/fed by a handful of media outlets - so the only "opinions" that matter (to people in power) are the "opinions" of a handful of media outlets.

Some of his u-turns are so fast - it's not possible that public opinion has been gauged.

You'd have to be a total moron to think you could get away with not self-isolating yourself - having forced millions to have done so and still wanting more to do it.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:24 PM BST
Lets be honest, shops are demanding that you wear a mask or you won't be served
Report salmon spray July 22, 2021 12:25 PM BST
YOU calling me barmy i shall take as a compliment. Thank you.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:26 PM BST
Sad state of affairs the Management
I'm no defender of politicians btw. Very few in it for the common good.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:27 PM BST
If you feel a mask prevents others catching the virus then go ahead Salmon.
But its just a feeling. No proof.
Report The Management July 22, 2021 12:30 PM BST
Agree JCM - if we didn't have the clown we've got, we'd have a different clown - but whoever was involved in the initial announcement (that he and Rishi would not be self-isolating) really needs to find an alternative career where no decision making is involved.
Report dustybin July 22, 2021 12:33 PM BST
So if proof comes after prudence does that mean the irresponsible who cared more about pointless symbolism and not wearing a mask because they felt like not wearing them, can be lynched?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:33 PM BST
okay lads, racing starts soon
be lucky
stay well
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 22, 2021 12:35 PM BST
You can't lynch people Dusty if they were obeying the law.
Not wearing a mask is lawful.
Later lads
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com