Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
10 Jul 21 10:33
| Topic/replies: 21,332 | Blogger: sageform's blog
The first maiden at Newmarket 1.30 is packed with nice fillies. Bouquet is the stand out on breeding being by Dark Angel out of Bound but there is no market interest. Wilderness Girl is well backed to continue Andrew Balding's near monopoly of 2yo races this week. I have backed both but sadly took 14 on Bouquet yesterday.
2.05. a quality fillies handicap in which Kingmania looks the pick.
3.15 Superlative stakes. Native Trail is short but nothing he beat has advertised the form. I will chance Masekela. Will Buick is back from suspension today with several good chances. 
4.25 July Stakes. Chil Chil is much improved and has a small e/w chance. Creative Force keeps improving.
5.00 Spirit Mixer is bottom weight but has a chance.

Ascot 1.50. Unspoken gave 7lb to Asymmetric last time out and was hampered in the run before finishing a close third. Asymmetric is rated 107 on his second in the July Stakes which makes Unspoken worth 110! Surely a good thing in this.
3.00 Summer mile. Several old favourites in here including Sir Busker and Top Rank but Happy Power is value at 13 each way.
4.10 Achelois another favourite for A Balding/D Probert and has Madame Tantzy to beat.
If Andrew Balding has a blank day I will have a bad one.
Good luck all.
Pause Switch to Standard View Some great racing today.
Show More
Report SlippyBlue July 10, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Not forgetting the greyhound Derby final at Towcester @ 21.09 of course. Deerjet Sydney in trap 3 gunning to become only the 5th greyhound in history to win the event twice. Mick The Miller,Patricia's Hope, Rapid Ranger and Westmead Hawk being the dual winners. Personally I'm hoping Sydney gets the smash break and makes all.
Report casemoney July 10, 2021 1:58 PM BST
I think hes in trap 2 Slippy Laugh
Report SlippyBlue July 10, 2021 2:14 PM BST
LaughIndeed case, 3 it is!
Report SlippyBlue July 10, 2021 2:15 PM BST
Report TOP3MAN July 10, 2021 2:16 PM BST
better chance from 2 then 3. Take it still veers left from the trap? whose the unfortunate one in 1
Report casemoney July 10, 2021 2:38 PM BST
Newinn dog in trap 1  , as stated race revolves around best break , thought 5 might run well playing a few casts , Im on 6 to win AP needs a smash to make bend .
Report sageform July 10, 2021 4:20 PM BST
If at first you don't succeed. I decided to follow Balding over a cliff today and a place on Shine So Bright and then e/w Johnny Drama has turned the day round after 5 consecutive losers. Come on Chil Chil, Spirit Mixer and Acelois.
Report sageform July 10, 2021 4:22 PM BST
Achelois had won while I was watching ITV!
Report sageform July 10, 2021 5:51 PM BST
The Kodi Kid rounds off a good day for the yard.
Report roadrunner46 July 10, 2021 6:01 PM BST
that johnny drama was a very good winner, prolific winner with pattern form, tipped by tome segal and a crazy price, never bothered looking at the york meeting, did back 3 winners there la trinidad/hukum/atomic lady, last one being crucial to my day
Report sageform July 10, 2021 6:29 PM BST
A. Balding in 2 days. 28 runners, 5 winners, 6 seconds, 3 third and one fourth. £218,000 in prize money. Clear third in the trainers Championship now behind O'Brien and C Appleby.
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY July 10, 2021 7:29 PM BST
Trainer championship is broken. Obrien top with just 8 winners
Report windsor knot July 10, 2021 7:34 PM BST
sageform , i'm not doubting your original thoughts ....but for me this was a total glut. july cup only bet i considered .... . too much . i could not concentrate . i'm a york member but stayed away .
Report elisjohn July 10, 2021 7:36 PM BST
same here windsor
Report wondersobright July 10, 2021 8:08 PM BST
balding yard in cracking form sage

nice to see some of the supporting cast getting a big day JB especially
Report elisjohn July 10, 2021 8:11 PM BST
yes nice to see balding yard hitting great form, about time uk youngish trainers did get more consistent, perhaps this allegations by bolger might make things more even Wink
Report sageform July 11, 2021 1:00 PM BST
C. Appleby is now leading the trainers champs but O'Brien second from just 8 winners! Johnston is now fourth but has 126 wins! The prize money is so skewed to a few Group 1 races that Aiden can keep winning it with very few runners. Appleby and Balding are consolidating the quality in their yards so are well ahead of Hannon and Fahey who have far more runners. I do know what you mean about quantity of races which is why I tend to look at trainer/jockey combinations, owner breeders and other ways to restrict my bets. Sandrine fits all of my criteria so I don't need to look at form. Agree about Bryan after his long injury break. Many people criticise King Power but they keep their horses in training and reap rewards like Johnny Drama who appeared to lose his way last year.
Report wondersobright July 11, 2021 2:31 PM BST
he wasn't injured sage, he deliberately avoided giving a routine sample back in 2018
served a 6 month ban for it in 2nd half of 2019 completely de-railed him & he hasn't recovered

I know he's done a lot of work with that york horse since he's been with baldings
its a a known biter, wears a hood at home etc tricky horse
gave him a good ride yesterday too fair play
Report wondersobright July 11, 2021 2:32 PM BST
concur with your thoughts on KP too
own nunthorpe winner imo
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com