Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
05 Jul 21 15:20
| Topic/replies: 31,378 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
What was the plan there?
Show More
Report stewarty b July 5, 2021 4:22 PM BST
Getting as good as Mulrennan....especially when the money's down..
Report GEORGE.B July 5, 2021 4:56 PM BST
It looked a well run race, and it turned out to be two seconds quicker than the previous race for similar grade 3YOs over the same trip, and it paid to be held up, so no complaints about where he was positioned given how the race panned out.

When he closed on the winner going into the final furlong, Kingscote's mount found loads and powered cleared, but in turn SDS still finished clear of the remainder.

So a cold, hard look at the facts - the time and how the race panned out, would suggest he simply ran into one but obtained the best position he could have hoped for.
Report stewarty b July 5, 2021 5:31 PM BST
Cant disagree with that GEORGE but one wonders what would have happened had it been leading or even close up in the early stages.
Report The Knight July 5, 2021 9:25 PM BST
I was there today and high up in the stands bang on the winning line. I backed the winner but covered on SDS. I must confess that I was worried for all of the race about how far back SDS was but even from closer up, it surely could not have got near that winner.

Ziggy not only cruised to the front but powered further clear with just one smack of the whip. It also did what you rarely see horses in that grade do - as it raced clear it stretched its head out and was keen as mustard.

I am too old and too cynical to bother with a notebook of horses now because they are so often disappointing for one reason or another next time out but I will look out for Ziggy. Handicapper will punish it but it could be well above today's grade.
Report TheAnorak July 6, 2021 10:41 AM BST
That filly SDS rode has been beaten the last twice because it pulled too hard, raced prominently and ran out of steam after hitting the front. The change of tactics was hardly a surprise. They also needed to get the best out of her, as she's entered for the Nmkt sale later this week, Lot 692 selling on Friday morning.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com