Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER
30 Jun 21 19:17
| Topic/replies: 335 | Blogger: WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER's blog
He now looks a bit of an idiot, if you start shouting about drug cheats you really have to back it up Mr Bolger.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 59
By:
duncan idaho
When: 30 Jun 21 19:21
legal minefield
By:
strontium
When: 30 Jun 21 19:31
$h1t or get off the pot.
By:
differentdrum
When: 30 Jun 21 20:03
Absolutely, and so do those in the media who have tried to make something out of a story that has been based purely on Bolger's standing within the sport. All he has produced is unsubstantiated allegations. Anyone can do that.
By:
11kv
When: 30 Jun 21 20:04
Fears for his life would be my guess
By:
G Hall
When: 30 Jun 21 22:41
Look buddy, the Taxman has managed to prevent the media attending an inquest in a different jurisdiction. It now appears that the Taxman, will decide what the outcome of the inquest will be.

These people are untouchable. Jim Bolger is a brave man if he names names.
By:
kevo
When: 30 Jun 21 23:42
If JB has declined the Hearing they must now contact one of the well informed betfair forumites harry callaghan, he seems well informed as to who JB was alluding to.

So come on harry, put up or shut up.
By:
kevo
When: 01 Jul 21 00:04
11kv 30 Jun 21 20:04
Fears for his life would be my guess.

Fears for JB's credibility is more of a concern.
By:
sparkygayle
When: 01 Jul 21 07:20
Ask Jim what the Gaelic for gobsh1te plz....
By:
blunder
When: 01 Jul 21 07:33
It just sounds like sour grapes if you can't attend when you have blatantly accused people of cheating. His sole "evidence" so far is that a large stock of illegal drugs has not been accounted for . That is not enough  , I think he will keep his counsel from now on .
By:
strontium
When: 01 Jul 21 08:46
He could say what is being done, even if he is not prepared to say by whom. As it is, he looks foolish.
By:
Carveth
When: 01 Jul 21 08:48
It’s a shame that Jim Bolger will not be interviewed.

Kevin Blake sets out a useful framework for discussion at the hearing on the 6th July in a recent At The Races article.

Perhaps we should consider Mary Robinson’s suggestion (Director of the Equine Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania; recently her team announced a new test to detect the use of gene therapy) that there should be more focus on continuing education with racehorse trainers required to reapply for their licence. To get the licence they will need to pass a test. (I think it would be a good idea if stable staff, horse vets and breeders etc. could also get certification). This may help to minimise genuine mishaps and separate compliant trainers from serial offenders. If, subsequently to passing the test, you are found to have broken the rules (repeatedly or with such gravity) then the sanctions would have to be severe. Any breaking of the rules would need to be made public.

As tests become more sophisticated someone might be found to have broken the rules prior to obtaining certification. They should be asked to reapply for their licence. This will give them an opportunity to tell others what they did wrong (some peer learning). That’s about as close as I can get to “Truth and reconciliation” without a drawbridge going up.

Kevin Blake article: https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake/23-June-2021
National Geographic article that refers to Mary Robinson’s ideas: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/racehorse-doping-explained
By:
posy
When: 01 Jul 21 10:01
Think 11kv is right; you don't mess with the Irish mafia and expect to emerge unscathed.
By:
penzance
When: 01 Jul 21 10:15
people like harry callaghan are only expressing their
views at the end of the day,my view,ie Cheltenham,is
they have the better horses,I could be totally wrong.
I hope for the game I'm right.Who knows.
By:
barstool
When: 01 Jul 21 10:25
If he has been advised by his Lawyer not to attend then it would be foolish to ignore those instructions. For the sake of his pocket, if nothing else.
By:
posy
When: 01 Jul 21 12:06
Does this have anything to do with Egan's resignation ?
By:
carrot1960
When: 01 Jul 21 12:30
Why would Bolger give the game / names away , there is a right place to name names and in front of an in house panel isn't it.
By:
onlooker
When: 01 Jul 21 12:57
All very coincidental - and possibly convenient ...

IHRB chief executive Denis Egan announces sudden early retirement

By Brian Sheerin
UPDATED 1:39PM, JUL 1 2021

]b]Denis Egan has made a surprise decision to step down from his role as chief executive of the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board[/b].

Egan, 60, who has spent 26 years working for the regulator, almost 20 of which have been in his role as the chief executive, said he will take early retirement in September.

He joined the Turf Club in 1995 as a financial controller before taking over as chief executive in 2001.

When that organisation became the IHRB in 2018, Egan was responsible for overseeing that transition as the CEO of the new body.

Speaking about his decision to step down from his role, Egan said: "Irish racing has an enviable reputation worldwide, both for its fairness and integrity and has enjoyed huge success at home and around the world.

"I am proud that the Turf Club, and more recently the IHRB, has had a significant role to play in this regard. I believe we now have a strong platform in place to build and grow for the future and I believe the time is right to hand over to a successor to take the organisation to the next level."
By:
differentdrum
When: 01 Jul 21 13:23
Perhaps carrot you can tell us the right place and direct Bolger to it.
By:
duffy
When: 01 Jul 21 13:30
Bolger has made himself look silly.

That's about the long and short of it.
By:
Gordon63
When: 01 Jul 21 14:40
duffy - totally disagree....

i'm no fan of bolger, the new approach derby episode ensured that!! however I can't see he would have aything to gain from bringing this topic to light and considering his longetivity in the industry, he's probably in a good position to make such comments BUT of course alluding to something and being asked to put names/events/dates on the table is a completely different game...far too often the whistleblower gets blown out the water...maybe Jim will get it off his chest on his deathbed
By:
jumper3
When: 01 Jul 21 14:58

Jul 1, 2021 -- 5:01AM, posy wrote:

Think 11kv is right; you don't mess with the Irish mafia and expect to emerge unscathed.

That made me laugh. Who are 'the Irish mafia' we are all supposed to be scared of?

By:
Hayden
When: 01 Jul 21 15:02
I'd be a lot more scared of the London mafia
By:
Howellsy
When: 01 Jul 21 17:52
Bolger's complaint was that it's 'not a level playing field.' Coming from a trainer competing at the top level, that can only mean one thing, on the flat at least, which is where you might presume he's a more interested party. Over the jumps it could mean two things. But overall there are only 3 possible trainers he's alluding to, and everyone knows it, but who's going to actually put a name on a dotted line?
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 01 Jul 21 18:18
Could find himself in court for years and he's an elderly gent.
By:
mrspock
When: 02 Jul 21 14:42
When you're billionaires you can afford the most expensive lawyers- that's what decides the outcomes of any court case.
Those asking him to name names should t least know that.
By:
workrider
When: 02 Jul 21 15:03
Well said mrspock.
By:
onlooker
When: 02 Jul 21 15:03
Agreed - All these - "Put up or shut up" - comments are pathetic ...

- and show much more about the Posters than Jim Bolger.
By:
11kv
When: 02 Jul 21 17:16
Said all he needed to. Anyone who thought he would name people must have a screw loose.
By:
elisjohn
When: 02 Jul 21 17:20
99% of us know who jim was alluding to , the other 1% are liars Grin
By:
onlooker
When: 02 Jul 21 17:50
^  or - Deniers
By:
elisjohn
When: 02 Jul 21 17:59
yes thats a better word  onlooker
By:
11kv
When: 02 Jul 21 19:10
8.00 winner Bellewstown.   LaughLaugh
By:
impossible123
When: 02 Jul 21 19:19
I'd not either if I was in his shoe. The game is bent; let the authority do their job eg unannounced, incessant and stringent testing. If caught ban them for life!
By:
olddesperado
When: 02 Jul 21 21:46
Ban them for life  Laugh.

That's not the way we do it over here impossible.

4 month suspension of licence with the wife , son , daughter, yard Jack Russell allowed take over the licence temporarily with said trainer allowed be assistant trainer during his suspension.

If that's not convenient sure to hell with it we'll just suspend the 4 months on condition you promise not to do it again in the 4 month period.

Anyone for lunch ?.
By:
G Hall
When: 02 Jul 21 23:06
^ sad but true
By:
firstimevisor
When: 03 Jul 21 00:34
There is nothing shocking or stunning in what Bolger said -drugs, whether legal or illegal, have been used on horses for as long as they have been used on humans. Racing is no different to any other walk of life in that you will always have a small minority who make their own rules while the majority are law-abiding.
Bolger's interviews though, while he really hasn't said much at all, seems to have caused a strange reaction by many on here into believing Irish racing is completely corrupt while UK racing is a model of integrity. Any trainer anywhere in the world, including Newmarket, Lambourne or Malton, could say what Bolger said about their own patch.
By:
elisjohn
When: 03 Jul 21 06:56
firsttime, yes what you say is true, but why most on here believe that irish racing is so corrupt, is that theyve been winning 90% of the group1s  and smashing the uk in all the big hcaps  etc etc
By:
firstimevisor
When: 03 Jul 21 10:51
Ellis, Irish racing is not corrupt and certainly no more corrupt than UK racing. There's a very simple answer as to why they have been dominating Group 1s in recent years and its called Galileo.

Ballydoyle race about 90% of his progeny themselves. Of the other 10%, that would include the likes of New Approach, Teofilio, Nathaniel, Waldgeist and indeed Frankel. Ballydoyle's overall results with all other Coolmore stallions in recent years have been dismal to say the least, so take Galileo out of the equation and there is no dominance.
By:
differentdrum
When: 03 Jul 21 10:54
Those defending Bolger presumably would be quite happy to be accused of something by someone providing zero evidence?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com