Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy
29 Jun 21 18:36
| Topic/replies: 7,004 | Blogger: greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy's blog
Mischief
Pause Switch to Standard View lost weight cloth
Show More
Report NonVintage June 29, 2021 6:37 PM BST
Yep... looks like a disqual coming up! Last 50yds too...
Report MJK June 29, 2021 6:37 PM BST
Yes. Jockey looked unbalanced before it happened.
Report MJK June 29, 2021 6:38 PM BST
Get Bowen out of jail after a poor ride
Report SlippyBlue June 29, 2021 6:39 PM BST
Agreed MJK.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 29, 2021 6:40 PM BST
best 1.03 since hitler was a cadet innit.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 29, 2021 6:42 PM BST
never ever opened the market for a weight variation.

ever.
Report Bellamy Road June 29, 2021 6:43 PM BST
why they called a stewards? normally just an objection from clerk of scales innit
Report screaming from beneaththewaves June 29, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Is that what happened? THey opened the market for a stewards', and only then was there a clerk of the scales objection?
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 29, 2021 6:49 PM BST
stewards obv seen the incident and immeadiately called an inq..so bf opened the market..then im assuming it was anounced there is an objection by the clerk of the scales..hence why it went 101 to lay.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 29, 2021 6:50 PM BST
winner disq.
Report Woodys Boy June 29, 2021 6:58 PM BST
Why has the wrong forecast been settled? surely it was Chives and Ever So Much and not Chives and Calum Gilhooley?
Report Woodys Boy June 29, 2021 6:58 PM BST
Why has the wrong forecast been settled? surely it was Chives and Ever So Much and not Chives and Calum Gilhooley?
Report SlippyBlue June 29, 2021 7:14 PM BST
My match bet with Chives settled as a loser.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 29, 2021 7:24 PM BST
calum now officially placed last.
Report Woodys Boy June 29, 2021 7:44 PM BST
I am querying it with BF
Report SlippyBlue June 29, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Me too Woody.
Report Woodys Boy June 29, 2021 8:07 PM BST
I was offered a free bet for my stake until I asked how this could possibly be the case as I backed the official result. The market was settled incorrectly before the winner was disqualified, apparently it will be re-settled. Will keep an eye on it!
Report SlippyBlue June 29, 2021 10:10 PM BST
My match bet on Chives, struck at 18.26, has still not been settled correctly despite the bloke on chat saying he would amend it straight away. You've got to laugh really. Laugh
Report Rico-Dangleflaps June 29, 2021 10:13 PM BST
cringe innit.
Report ronnie rails June 29, 2021 11:08 PM BST
plenty of Corals punters got paid out on the the 1st past the post as it was still settled for an age as a winner i know of one shop who paid out a bet of over a monkey, i said to the shop manager what odds will the guy bringing back the readies in the morning beDevil
Report ronnie rails June 29, 2021 11:08 PM BST
regards
Ronnie.
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 29, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Isnt that why shops bet to ridic % such as 130% for stuff like this

Swad
Report ronnie rails June 29, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Itsme swaddle
they need to bet like that when the first 3 in the betting finish 1st 2nd and 3rd
hope you are well
regards
Ronnie.
Report SlippyBlue June 30, 2021 9:00 AM BST
Match bet update on the 18.30 @ Stratford.It wasn't corrected overnight, it's still showing as a loser so I engage with "customer service" bod once again just now, this was how it was left...

"I will get you a response hopefully within today, fingers crossed ".
So that's alright then, I thought the 'fingers crossed' bit was a nice touch. Happy
Report frinton June 30, 2021 9:22 AM BST
I had total distance bet on the Stratford meeting. After several attempts with "chat" including what a LAY bet was it was finally settled at 9,12 this morning. It used to be that Betfair agents understood the product and understood English. It appears not. It is a great shame as Betfair is a good product
Report The Knight June 30, 2021 9:31 AM BST
In the 2.35 at Southwell on Monday, the 4th home was disqualified because the rider weighed in 2lb light. Cost me because I had taken 2.62 4 places.

But am I correct in thinking we are seeing more discrepancies at the scales now than ever before? If so, why?

For the life of me on Monday I could not think how the 2lb was 'lost' during the race.

The stewards on Monday could not find a reason why the rider was 'light' and so he received a one day ban and the trainer was fined £250. Also cost the owners £362 prize money.

Trouble is, issues like Monday give rise to speculation about skullduggery.

Bit different from yesterday's incident but these are the things that give racing a bad name and perhaps the BHA should stop fretting about 'diversity' etc and look at how procedures could be improved to stop these weigh-in issues.
Report commander June 30, 2021 10:34 AM BST
Woody Boy

I was offered a free bet for my stake until I asked how this could possibly be the case as I backed the official result. The market was settled incorrectly before the winner was disqualified, apparently it will be re-settled. Will keep an eye on it!

My sides are hurting after reading that. How totally and utterly embarrassing this company has become.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 30, 2021 3:05 PM BST
ronnie why did the shop pay the bet when a stewards was called immediately?
Report SlippyBlue June 30, 2021 3:12 PM BST
The crossed fingers thankfully worked the oracle, I just got the winnings some 20 hours after the race had finished ! Grin
Report screaming from beneaththewaves June 30, 2021 3:38 PM BST
greenie - probably for the same reason Betfair put up a stewards enquiry market - they just heard the words 'stewards enquiry' and treated it as a normal one. I.e., Corals pay out as per normal on dual result, and Betfair let you trade on it.

We on here knew that the enquiry was a weight issue, but only because we saw the incident and understand the basics of horse racing. Evidently the Corals and Betfair monkeys don't.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy June 30, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com