Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ekbalco
25 Jun 21 13:06
| Topic/replies: 7,159 | Blogger: Ekbalco's blog
?
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do Sir Mark's odds-on pokes...
Show More
Report Ekbalco June 25, 2021 2:07 PM BST
*race?
Report Ekbalco June 25, 2021 2:07 PM BST
Never just cruise there on the bridle for a straightforward victory.
Report knoxville June 25, 2021 2:08 PM BST
to make it look like the horse belongs in that grade of race..
Report ItsMeSwaddle June 25, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Im more concerned how many odds on in hcaps he gets, doesnt this tell you something is broken
Report Hayden June 25, 2021 2:11 PM BST
Isn't it visually more about the style of Luke Morris rather than the horse , the majority of time anyway ?
Report swiftynifty June 25, 2021 2:25 PM BST
they are often undercooked but 2 stone well in on their potential so it's the slow game to pick up a few races on the way up.
Report stocks June 25, 2021 2:25 PM BST
Mostly stayers without turn of pace trained to quicken up over 2 furlongs up to jockey to decide when to use With the knowledge of will stay for ever
Report barstool June 25, 2021 2:27 PM BST
Agree Hayde, put James Doyle on and he would gradually wind the pace up. Morris looks like he is trying to move a rocking horse.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 25, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Still green. The horse, whichever one it may be from that yard, never even knew it had a race in its 3 "qualifying" runs.....and lets be honest, it didn't.
Report StillLearning June 25, 2021 2:35 PM BST
I'm more concerned on how many commas the op has used in the topic title Wink
Report Twoboyz June 25, 2021 4:53 PM BST
I dont think its a Luke Morris thing. It was the same with Seb and George before
Report Ekbalco June 29, 2021 8:23 PM BST
And yet another.
Report ColeWorldNoBlanket June 29, 2021 8:23 PM BST
Has one of his short price drifters ever won? It stinks
Report Ekbalco June 29, 2021 8:25 PM BST
Comprehension is not easy learners.

The English Education System has much two answer four.
Report carrot1960 June 29, 2021 8:29 PM BST
The late drift spoke volumes
Report Ekbalco June 29, 2021 8:35 PM BST
Think that was linked to it's recalcitrance to enter the traps carrots.
Report Ekbalco June 29, 2021 8:36 PM BST
They are a 'Lay to Back' dream.
Report Ekbalco June 29, 2021 8:37 PM BST
The Baronet will simply be relaxing in a leather armchair, trussed up in a smoking jacket, with a large Cuban in his mouth.
Report lead on June 29, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Are we allowed to know the large Cuban's name please?
Report cacique June 29, 2021 9:49 PM BST

Jun 29, 2021 -- 3:41PM, lead on wrote:

Are we allowed to know the large Cuban's name please?

good one

Report WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER June 30, 2021 8:22 PM BST
I don't think style and Luke Morris can be used in the same sentence. He is clearly a ridiculously hard working and all-round  nice guy - which is why he gets all these rides at the low grade courses. But I'm afraid he is worse than most 7lb claimer. He unbalances horses and I don't understand how he gets away with his over the shoulder whip action and using it so far away from his body, clearly trying to intimidate other jockeys/horses.
I dont like to criticise jockeys, especially such a hard worker as Luke, but I do not get how he gets the support of trainers.
Report Oldgit1 June 30, 2021 9:10 PM BST
"I dont think its a Luke Morris thing. It was the same with Seb and George before"

George always said that Sir sent him a letter with his riding instructions for every race.
Report jonty1 July 1, 2021 10:11 AM BST
Who Knows.... appears to know nothing about jockeys - Luke Morris gets rides because he is a fine jockey with a really strong finish - not a stylist I admit but style doesn't count for much in a tight finish! You just have to check his record to know that you are missing the point. He is not known amongst the jockey world as "The Sniper" for no reason
Report Movewiththetimes July 1, 2021 10:58 AM BST
Luke Morris record from Flat stats:

• Luke Morris is a worse than average jockey. Backing all his runners to a £1 stake in the past 10 years has returned a loss of £-4581 (-32%). A low A/E value stat of 0.80 implies that overall the jockey is not good value.
Report Movewiththetimes July 1, 2021 11:20 AM BST
Sir Mark gets the best out of him, 21% of his winners have come from one trainer: Sir Mark Prescott.
Report lead on July 1, 2021 3:16 PM BST
But would Sir Mark not get these winners from any jockey he chooses?
Report Rider July 1, 2021 4:08 PM BST
the reason they often make hard work of winning is because the trainer is clever, he not only gets them on a good opening mark but he gradually steps them up to their optimum conditions, so a 14f horse is obviously going to get pushed along at say 10f but can still win if well enough treated and not likely to go up so much

when duffield rode for him the amateur dramatics in the saddle also played a part, he was often seen flailing arms and whip from 4f out in a way to make it look harder work than it was, well that was often my interpretation
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com