Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mokegibboni
19 Jun 21 09:49
| Topic/replies: 1,424 | Blogger: mokegibboni's blog
I regularly place multiple bets with various bookies and occasionally, due to some of the legs of the multiple bet being decent prices, the overall calculated winning sum may come to a figure greater than £1 million. Now, reading a certain major bookmaker's T's & C's, it quite clearly states that for UK and Irish horse racing bets, the maximum daily winnings to any one punter (not including the stake money) is a million quid.

So how come on the online betting slip of my Lucky 63 bet (using my online betting account with this particular bookmaker) they show a winnings value of only £250,000, whereas the overall calculated value may be much greater than that?  The bet is placed after 10.00 am on the day of the races covered in the bet. I have contacted the bookmaker in question and at first they just sent me a link to their Terms & Conditions directed towards the relevent section. This didn't help of course as I have already carefully read their T's & C's with respect to this topic.

When I contacted them, all they could say was that that I should read their T's & C's. When I pushed them on it they said that they would check it out and that they would get back to me via email. This was about a week ago and I am still awaiting a response from them regarding this query.

Could anybody here put some light on this please? Why does the betting slip show only a maximum payout of only £250,000 when their limit as quoted in their terms and Conditions quite clearly states a maximum daily payout of £1,000,000?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
xmoneyx
When: 19 Jun 21 10:06
small print - only max payout on certain type of races - which is a minefield
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 19 Jun 21 11:28
It’s not a mistake…the winnings on the acca you made is capped at 250k.

By the way Sky do this now? Always thought they paid the full million but noticed on my ITV7 acca they advertise that the max payout for £1 was 250k if I wanted to sign up to their site and have a bet.

Even though all my picks were +10/1.

Not really an appealing advert imo
By:
JML
When: 19 Jun 21 11:59
Maximum payout £1m except on bets which are most likely to reach that limit.

Why do people use these jokers?
By:
Regbutler
When: 19 Jun 21 12:05
This thread prompted me to look at the max payouts on the joke orals site that I used for putting my multiples on this morning.
Very strange, although prices with BOG are up from the previous evening...
If you place your bets after 9am on the day of racing, max payout 1 million
But, before 9am, only 250k

Any ideas why this should be?
By:
swiftynifty
When: 19 Jun 21 12:37
By 9am they hope to have had their cards marked, prices will have moved by then ,so far less chance they get caught out by anything fishy.
By:
Regbutler
When: 19 Jun 21 12:53
Cheers, swifty, don't like it but makes sense
By:
mokegibboni
When: 19 Jun 21 13:08
Thanks guys for the responses - @xmoneyx - ah, I couldn't see a reference to the types of races that one can bet on to be entitled to the full million. If you can copy and paste that section on here, then I would appreciate it - thanks. The bookmaker in question is Uncle William!

If it is down to a restriction due to the types of races within the bet, then they should have pointed that out to me and pinpointed the exact area of the T's & C's where it's mentioned. I read through the Maximum Payout section and I couldn't see any reference to that.
By:
mokegibboni
When: 19 Jun 21 13:17
@EastLower Gooner - I can't really use Sky now as they restricted my stakes to pennies about 2 years ago. The same story with Ladbrokes, again about 2 years ago. I was with them for about 20 years when they decided to heavily restrict my staking amounts.
By:
mokegibboni
When: 19 Jun 21 17:30
@xmoneyx - I'd just like to add that the each way Lucky 31 that I placed the other day  - all 5 legs were for the Royal Ascot meeting (on the same day). Is the £250,000 win restriction because I've done it each way? As I've said, I've scoured their T's & C's, but there's nothing there as far as I can make out that gives any reason to restrict the winnings from £1,000,000 to £250,000.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com