Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
13 Jun 21 12:33
| Topic/replies: 10,269 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
gotta have a big chance hasn't he?
Pause Switch to Standard View William buick champion jockey?
Show More
Report Ramruma June 13, 2021 2:54 PM BST
Dunno. Has he?

Buick is probably good enough but in a normal year, you'd worry that Godolphin commitments would take him to France or Ireland or Hong Kong when his rivals were racking up winners at Southwell. Maybe Covid means that calculation has changed. I can't be bothered to try and work out the champion jockey market because there are too many imponderables and it's unlikely someone as thick as me can spot an angle that eludes the bookies, unless it is the twin impacts of Covid and Brexit.

Top jockey at Royal Ascot, however, is a different story. We can see roughly who rides what, and maybe we can put a line through Ryan Moore if we think Ballydoyle's not firing, or through Frankie if we think John Gosden's not got any 3-year-olds, and then perhaps Buick at 8 or 10/1 is looking more attractive.

But the only time that sort of analysis has worked for me is at Cheltenham this year. If you look at the Betfair market, a grand total of £664 has been matched: most people don't care.
Report sageform June 13, 2021 3:00 PM BST
That would be my doubt Ramruna, foreign commitments, but in a Covid year, with no double meetings per day, he won't have a better chance.
Report liberator of the oppressed June 13, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Riding out of his skin compare that or don't to would be champ curtis couldn't keep that straight dosh was down.
Report GEORGE.B June 13, 2021 8:45 PM BST
Well he seems to be going for it, if yesterday is anything to go by, opting to chase seemingly easier pickings at Leicester rather than go to Sandown, where as it turned out Charlie Appleby did have a winner.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com