Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unbiased
31 May 21 16:51
| Topic/replies: 5,798 | Blogger: unbiased's blog
I thought the margins for the punter were becoming more competitive.Not so if you look at the returns on the above race.
EVENS  13/8  4/1   that equates to 8% which is close to 3% a runner.Too big,should be half that!!
Pause Switch to Standard View 4.45 FONTWELL YESTERDAY SP 8% 3...
Show More
Report unbiased May 31, 2021 4:53 PM BST
Meant to say 108% which is 8% over
Report slickster May 31, 2021 6:44 PM BST
The green mob thought it acceptable to go 4-11 city 7-4 Chelsea. I've seen 4-6 a team not to qualify out of a euro group 10-11 to qualify!!!! I mean what's going on? Who or what are they employing these Days?
Report devilsadvocate May 31, 2021 8:48 PM BST

May 31, 2021 -- 12:44PM, slickster wrote:

The green mob thought it acceptable to go 4-11 city 7-4 Chelsea. I've seen 4-6 a team not to qualify out of a euro group 10-11 to qualify!!!! I mean what's going on? Who or what are they employing these Days?

They will just jolly it up with gimmicks and ads featuring familiar faces (Peter Crouch the latest) whilst all the time increasing their margins.

Report chatto May 31, 2021 10:27 PM BST
For the record the margin is 7.4%.Now that the sp is being calculated on the basis of the shop turnovers rather than the business on the racecourse and may continue to be determined in this way after the end of the pandemic what needs looking at is the structure of the return.It seems likely that the bookmaker margin on the fancied horses will increase but on the outsiders will fall.
Report unbiased June 1, 2021 1:51 PM BST
Chatto
Ev =50% 13/8 =38%  4/1 = 20%
I make that 108%= = 8% over,not 7.4 as you stated.Regardless of how the market is formed,and I could never accept a small clutch of books oncourse being used for the SP,which was ridiculous and out of proportion to the hugely bigger online market.
Meanwhile the margin at 8% was too  big
Report chatto June 1, 2021 5:06 PM BST
The over round is calculated as follows.8/108 times 100 =7.4.The mistake you have made is a common mistake but nevertheless it is a common mistake.I can tell you that the prices on my board at the off are more often than not greater than the sp.With respect to your other statement it would seem you believe that the off course bookmakers are not likely to manipulate the sp.This is akin to believing in Father Christmas.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com