Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gordon63
29 May 21 09:30
| Topic/replies: 3,261 | Blogger: Gordon63's blog
poor beverley - the hilary needler and the {brian yeardley} continental - used to be highlights of evening cards now sad imitations exacerbated by FOUR yes FOUR Saturday afternoon flat meetings in the 'north' in addition to Cartmel....what will it take for BHA and RCA to get to grips with the fixture list because this is doing my head in and if a punter of 40 years feels like this no amount of diversity and inclusivity is going to replace my interest, love and funding of the industry
Pause Switch to Standard View another 2 races lost to the general...
Show More
Report TheAnorak May 29, 2021 9:43 AM BST
They're on a Saturday to get terrestrial TV coverage, simple as that. Nothing to do with the BHA or RCA.
Report posy May 29, 2021 9:45 AM BST
Quite agree Gordon ;it can't be rocket science to realise that the changes implemented to the fixture list by the BHA under the auspices of the Australian  need to be reversed pronto. The sooner we get back to a more balanced fixture week the better and the current debacle should be a warning as to the stupidity of bringing in a foreigner who clearly doesn't understand the racing calendar in this country.
Report ashleigh May 29, 2021 10:00 AM BST
as a beverley regular think today is the best fit for these 2 yr old races, this saturday is not a strong day for other cards, and as the anorak says getting 3 races live on itv is great for a small track, 1 year they put the hilary needler on after royal ascot, which was crazy. 

going today, anyone fancy anything? warm and sunny today, no doubt the ground will be hard work and sure they will come up the stand rail.
Report saddo May 29, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Can you just turn up Ash, or are there conditions attached? I haven't been for a pint for several months.
Hoss wise I only have Kyber Crystal 2.00 in an e.w double with a winner on Thursday, not a course I bet at very much.
Have a good day.
Report roggrain May 29, 2021 10:10 AM BST
Unfortunately, Gordon, we live in a corporate controlled World. The race courses can and will set

their dates unless they all agree otherwise and that ain't going to happen
Report ashleigh May 29, 2021 10:18 AM BST
no you can't just turn up, have to book in advance.
Report devilsadvocate May 29, 2021 10:19 AM BST
2 meetings within about 30 miles of Liverpool and none within 80 miles of London. How is this allowed to happen ?
Report The Knight May 29, 2021 11:28 AM BST
ashleigh,

Yes, being an annual member based in Notts I will be there today. First time since September 2019!

Be interested to see the masks policy today. Been different at Notts, Market Rasen, Ripon and Southwell so far!
Report ashleigh May 29, 2021 11:58 AM BST
good luck punting the knight. picked out these. need a winner as in poor form of late.Sad
kyber crystal 2-00
global spirit 2-35
give it some teddy 3-45
Report TheAnorak May 29, 2021 12:28 PM BST
Part of the problem this year is the gap between the Guineas and the Derby is longer than usual, with four Saturdays to be filled between Newmarket and Epsom, instead of the usual three. Those three would feature Lingfield Derby Trial card, Newbury Lockinge and Haydock Sandy Lane/Temple. This Saturday is the exytra one that has to be filled by whichever courses are willing to take the date.

In 2019 for example, Guineas May 4th, Derby June 1st. This year, Guineas May 1st, Derby June 5th
Report 1st time poster May 29, 2021 12:45 PM BST
isnt it this monday that the cumani plot for  big tv race zetland gold cup at redcar used to take place,now an any day 10 grand 10 furlong handicap,
gunner b,move off etc, SadSad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com