Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
28 May 21 14:36
| Topic/replies: 3,359 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
Out to 10s.....
Pause Switch to Standard View High Definition a non runner in the...
Show More
Report penzance May 28, 2021 3:38 PM BST
8.8 on here.
Report EastLower Gooner May 28, 2021 3:38 PM BST
480p then Cry
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 28, 2021 3:59 PM BST
Moore not riding

Silly
Report Pilsudski May 28, 2021 4:16 PM BST
The public will be the last to know.
Report Cork Langer May 28, 2021 4:45 PM BST
Ryan not riding would be a positive to a lot of people
Report hulk23 May 28, 2021 4:49 PM BST
probably ride the pacemaker if nobody's going to bother chasing it ...
Report impossible123 May 28, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Any jockey but Moore. I think it's probably market manipulation in progress.
Report harry callaghan June 2, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Lovely of O’Brien to put everyone away yesterday on this horse...now running just the one horse after hyping others as well for the race

Free money for the bookmakers
Report differentdrum June 2, 2021 5:38 PM BST
I have read the piece on High Definition, but where does it say he is only going to have one runner?

Link please.
Report elisjohn June 2, 2021 5:38 PM BST
disgrace coolmore,
Report impossible123 June 2, 2021 5:39 PM BST
Waiting for the Irish Derby as things stand; final decs at 10am tomorrow. The mafia want to separate him and Bolshoi Ballet for commercial reasons eg a Derby each, not in the interest of horseracing. All the recent trainer's horsey eulogy was a smokescreen to punters.

I thought Covid was detrimental to the finances of the general public, but Coolmore is more deadly to horseracing punters!
Report differentdrum June 2, 2021 5:42 PM BST
Racing Post just updated.

Why not give all these plans (or even possibilities) out earlier instead of waiting for the final declarations?

That aside great news that he won't be able to manipulate the race.
Report The Dragon June 2, 2021 5:47 PM BST
100 on bf
Report The Dragon June 2, 2021 5:47 PM BST
100 on bf
Report impossible123 June 2, 2021 5:47 PM BST
"That aside great news that he won't be able to manipulate the race"

But, he's been stringing the punters along big time. A lone ranger in The Derby was never a scenario discussed or envisaged. A crooked lot!
Report differentdrum June 2, 2021 5:53 PM BST
If you look at my comments I am agreeing with you, certainly not defending O'Brien, but I think we can now at least look forward to race that should be a proper stamina test.
Report shoodacoodadidnt June 2, 2021 5:54 PM BST
Is there any confirmation that it's definitely not running yet?
Report The Dragon June 2, 2021 5:55 PM BST
bb only ballydoyle runner into 5/4
Report barstool June 2, 2021 6:05 PM BST
You would have thought he would know the pecking order of his horses by now. He had 8 or 9 still in just before the 5 day decs. He is either pretty clueless or putting the racing public away.
Report Cider June 2, 2021 6:16 PM BST
That's not how they work is it, it's a numbers/factory type operation. Punters try to get an edge by second guessing what they will do, fair enough but don't complain if it goes wrong.

People moaning as the yard mobs the race and moaning when he leaves one in.

On Luck last Sunday he didn't commit to anything. Said they will do the final work Mon/Tue, pass the data to 'the lads' and they will make the final call. Said it could be one, two, three, four or five and they all have different options. Perhaps people hear what they want to hear.
Report A_T June 2, 2021 6:16 PM BST
he just says and does what tabor and magnier tell him
Report Pilsudski June 2, 2021 6:16 PM BST
No,BOTH,Barstool.
Report asparagus June 2, 2021 6:19 PM BST
O'Brien can't win whatever he does. Other years he's been criticised for a scattergun approach. Yes if you are on High Definition ante post you are a bit unlucky but that's the whole point of ante post betting. Most years and in many big races he runs his best horses against each other. Gosden on the other hand hardly ever does yet for some reason him and Dettori seem comparatively free from criticism.
Report frankz June 2, 2021 6:21 PM BST
Not a mob you can trust hope they win nothing oaks& derby
Report sixtwosix June 2, 2021 6:22 PM BST
And they were wondering why the race is not what it was .......I love forward to the gravy train media saying nowt.
Report Cider June 2, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Gosden's yard isn't run by a breeding operation and has multiple, unconnected owners. If you own a good one you're probably happy enough not to be beaten by one of his other good ones (and have Frankie in the plate.
Report A_T June 2, 2021 6:24 PM BST
O'Brien can't win whatever he does.

it's a bit of a jump going from 6 entries to 1 - they must have known some time ago which were the best - so why wait until a few days before the race
Report Cider June 2, 2021 6:26 PM BST
They do know. But they are worked and timed before the decision is made. So the situation can change.
Report Cider June 2, 2021 6:27 PM BST
The take out I guess is that they aren't fussed about guaranteeing a fast run race.
Report Pilsudski June 2, 2021 6:37 PM BST
LOUGH DEARG.......lol !!!
Report Ramruma June 2, 2021 6:37 PM BST
@A_T if you think Tabor has any input, steer clear of Nigerian princes.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y June 2, 2021 6:38 PM BST
Disgusting carry on from "the boys"

It was clear at the backend of last week the horse would be a nonner and still they gave out glowing reports and how the fast pace in the race would suit him.
Report know all June 2, 2021 7:12 PM BST
be careful things could change before 10am if they do massive prices available

Speaking on Wednesday afternoon, O'Brien told the Racing Post: "Things could change before 10am, but at the moment it looks as though there's going to be one runner for us at Epsom on Saturday, Bolshoi Ballet. It looks like High Definition will come to the Curragh for the Irish Derby."
Report johnnyrant June 2, 2021 7:12 PM BST
Problem with Coolmore monopoly is, it's very difficult to oppose them in the Classics these days but you have no idea what their riding plans will end up being. It makes AP betting on the Classic, which used to be a value angle worth exploring, much more of a minefield. Prescott summed it up, 'Too many in one kennel'. Coolmore now just running 1 almost looks like  PR exercise.
Report Mick Sturbs June 2, 2021 7:13 PM BST
Frankie on John Leeper  feel sorry for Kirby
Report shoodacoodadidnt June 2, 2021 7:13 PM BST
like saying "nothing could keep up with Santa Barbara in work - NOTHING" - pre guineas and winning with the other one - they are simply disgraceful - AND they are the best - really makes you wonder
Report slickster June 2, 2021 7:16 PM BST
Have to pity ante post high definition backers. Or does anybody waste money on ante pist anymore?
Report elisjohn June 2, 2021 7:18 PM BST
and the coolmore lot still not even  close to a   frankel, dancing brace  or even enable  in their ranks
Report differentdrum June 2, 2021 7:18 PM BST
Sadly, there are people on forums who think it's clever to just play devil's advocate. This one isn't as badly polluted as others might be. 

Why would anyone want a fast pace for who a horse who has quickened smartly over 10f on quick ground and never run over 12f?
Report Hayden June 2, 2021 7:19 PM BST
Nothing to pity AP backers for , it's all about paying your money and taking your chance.

Bolshoi Ballet backers won't be subject to any rule 4 , that's the AP game like it or loathe it.
Report slickster June 2, 2021 7:21 PM BST
One winner, many losers.
Report know all June 2, 2021 7:24 PM BST
10am its highly possible he runs more than one must be tempting with the big prices now you should never ever trust what they say to the press
Report elisjohn June 2, 2021 7:26 PM BST
hayden this really isnt about ante post racing really, its about " bullshit from obrien"
Report 1st time poster June 2, 2021 7:29 PM BST
FOOK ME LUCKY WAS TALKING ABOUT ALL 8 RUNNING 72 HRS AGO Laugh
Report Hayden June 2, 2021 7:30 PM BST
My response was to someone who posted that they have pity for AP players.

Like someone said earlier though when you have a witch hunt people start interpreting comments into things they want to hear rather than factual.
Report 1st time poster June 2, 2021 7:34 PM BST
FROM NOWhere from most open derby in years we could be having an odds on shot
Report Cider June 2, 2021 7:36 PM BST
Why would anyone want a fast pace for who a horse who has quickened smartly over 10f on quick ground and never run over 12f?

That's the point isn't it. HD would have wanted a stamina test. The potential banana skin for the jolly is unproven stamina at the trip, or at least in theory he won't benefit from a major stamina test when other runners might. If the race was run to suit HD (the MO for the yard is to guarantee a fast run derby) it would be a negative for the fav.
Report judgepickles June 2, 2021 8:02 PM BST
Definition still 8/1 with Hills, what a shower.
Report judgepickles June 2, 2021 8:02 PM BST
Definition still 8/1 with Hills, what a shower.
Report elisjohn June 2, 2021 8:03 PM BST
disgrace , judge
Report unclepuncle June 2, 2021 8:04 PM BST
All the comments O'Brien and Moore make pre and post race are purely for the breeding catalogues - every horse is 'a lovely type', and has 'lots of speed', 'great temp[arement' etc, etc blah, blah, blah - can't believe anyone still hangs on the comments to form an opinion.Crazy

Fastish ground around Epsom was always going to be against HD - waiting for the Curragh seems a perfectly sensible racing decision in my opinion.
Report frankz June 2, 2021 8:46 PM BST
Fastish ground at epsom was always gonna be looking at weeks forecast & waiting for irish derby does make sense but why give all this rubbish talk listening to him on luck on Sunday track will suit fine considering the fast pace & all six could run all hogwash should be a poltican!
Report Pilsudski June 2, 2021 9:40 PM BST
It’s simple....

the man is a liar.
Report G Hall June 2, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Unfortunately it appears that way Pilsudski
Report Trident June 3, 2021 12:11 PM BST
Its too early for HD around Epsom. Good choice
Report differentdrum June 3, 2021 12:59 PM BST
Interview with John Hunt was like treading on eggshells. When asked about the about change O'Brien seemed really flustered, and typically Hunt didn't bother with a follow up question. Very poor, but no surprise.
Report casemoney June 3, 2021 1:25 PM BST
O'BRAIN strikes again
Report ronnie rails June 3, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Talking about ap books had a look at the shops ap bets only yesterday for the oaks and derby that is if I could find them, sad to say not one single ap bet for either race.

hope you are all well
regards

Ronnie.
Report Hayden June 3, 2021 1:32 PM BST
It's the modern era though Ronnie isn't it , the vast majority of fresh faced punters in the betting industry think 5 furlongs is too long to wait to see if you've won anything , never mind 3 months.
Report ronnie rails June 3, 2021 1:38 PM BST
Hayden

sad to say you are correct about fast fixes, sad to say last Saturday took more in the fobts on Saturday than otc at 2100 all 4 fobts were in use, had to kick them out at 2200.

have a good day
regards

Ronnie.
Report elisjohn June 3, 2021 2:02 PM BST
Report•Quote•Block Userronnie rails • June 3, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Talking about ap books had a look at the shops ap bets only yesterday for the oaks and derby that is if I could find them, sad to say not one single ap bet for either race.

hope you are all well
regards

Ronnie.

and tomorrow on tv , "we.ll lose millions if both the favs win, weve layed them at 50s and 100s in the winter " etc etc
Report ronnie rails June 3, 2021 2:28 PM BST
Elisjohn

I am sure a few of the old timers on here can remember when the life a couple of days before the derby would produce the firms ap ledger it was always a good read.

regards

Ronnie.
Report brigust1 June 3, 2021 9:11 PM BST
Well said Elisjohn , 7.18pm. Very few notice these things. Just as no-one seems to have noticed by withdrawing their other runners Coolmore massively increases the chance of either winning the Derby themselves or a Frankel winning it. They never ran anything against him when he was running now they are not running against his offspring. Being by Galileo it is a win win for them.
Report The Headmaster June 3, 2021 9:53 PM BST
Frankel doing the business is not a "win-win" for Coolmore.  They don't stand him, they have no divine right to access him and the fact he's a son of Galileo means nothing as the old man is a year or two short of pipe and slippers.  O'Brien, who never declares wind-ops, couldn't wait to get w1 next to the first batch of Frankels he had.  It was a standing joke.  Whatever conspiracy theory you may have, doing Juddmonte a favour can't possibly be one.

And as far not running anything against him:

At 2
2nd in the Dewhurst
At 3
2nd fav in the Guineas
2nd in the St James' Palace
They then bought the horse that got closest to him!
At 4:
2nd Lockinge
2nd Queen Anne
2 pacers and St Nick in the International

Coolmore go hunting down these champions, same way they did STS, cos it looks bloody good in the catalogue if they can fluke one.
Report brigust1 June 3, 2021 9:57 PM BST
I will leave the with you TH. Wink
Report The Headmaster June 3, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Whatever Wink

BTW, Mill Reef would have won the rematch.
Report brigust1 June 3, 2021 10:12 PM BST
He never turned up, they knew!
Report casemoney June 3, 2021 10:20 PM BST
Market Suspended
Report A_T June 4, 2021 10:28 AM BST
brigust did Timeform ever get back to you after the dozens of letters you wrote to them complaining about Frankel's rating?
Report brigust1 June 4, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Hi AT. I tried to send you a full answer to your question but it was blanked. Without mentioning names I only wrote once on 7/7/12 which was passed on then I wrote in the 13/7/12. They have always claimed I was chasing them but that is totally untrue. I still have copies of the emails and replies. I cannot add any details because it gets blanked.
Report brigust1 June 4, 2021 11:27 AM BST
That got through. Lets try this. I wrote to JL first who passed it on to SR who replied. I completely disagreed with the response, it was ridiculous and had no basis in fact. Ever since then they have rubbished me saying I have been chasing them which is totally untrue. I have written nothing to them since 13/7/12.
Report brigust1 June 4, 2021 11:39 AM BST
On 4/1/17 I responded to comments made about me by SR on twitter, I warned him to stop making them, he agreed then he blocked me. That is the sum total of me dealings with Tf.
Report barstool June 4, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Must admit I was a Brigadier fan. Never seen one better and guess I never will.
Report brigust1 June 4, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Thank you Barstool. You are absolutely correct. He is the greatest racehorse ever and I have yet to see a fact that says otherwise.
Report MythWA June 4, 2021 12:42 PM BST
HD was never going to run unless the fav had to be wd.
Report barstool June 4, 2021 1:05 PM BST
brigust1

I had backed My Swallow all that winter, thinking he was unbeatable and looking forward to a big pay day. I could not believe my eyes when The Brigadier stormed past both My Swallow and Mill Reef, he made them look tired horses. Back then I would usually have sulked at my losses, instead I was overwhelmed  in admiration for the winner knowing I had witnessed something special.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk June 4, 2021 1:29 PM BST
This rain may have helped High Def's chances no end. He looks a stayer.
Report brigust1 June 4, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Bar, in the yard that was the one horse we were convinced we could beat. MS had beaten Swing Easy 3.5 lengths over 7f and BG, next time out beat the same horse the same distance over 6 furlongs and I have the photo finish print it was easily 5 lengths. We asked Tree's travelling head lad if Swing Easy had run to form against MS and he told us he was a sprinter through and through. After MS won the Criterion and Mill Reef won the Dewhurst we got 12s BG. I still have the AP ticket.
Report shoodacoodadidnt June 4, 2021 3:28 PM BST
Here's hoping Bolshoi hates the soft - f*******ng serves them right.
Report liberator of the oppressed June 4, 2021 4:02 PM BST
Funnily enough has won on soft in hindsight knowing it has rained would have probably won by a mile.
Report shoodacoodadidnt June 4, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Has won on yielding to soft - been beaten on heavy - you need to interpret of course, but I'd say it will be pretty nasty going by tomorrow
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com