Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
20 May 21 13:51
| Topic/replies: 36,924 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
Tipperary 1:30

SLIP OF THE TONGUE ... Betfair SP = 102.0

Was 5.5 on Betfair at Midnight... according to Oddschecker

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 10
By:
ambush
When: 20 May 21 13:56
any second now won in naas  at bfsp724. think that wont be beaten
By:
Hayden
When: 20 May 21 13:56
Can't be far out Onlooker although his 3rd & even 4th strings tend to deliver more than other stables with having so many entries.

Remember having a Gigginstown winner on here part matched at around 870 a couple of years ago , can't remember name of horse but was 3rd string in a maiden hurdle.
By:
Hayden
When: 20 May 21 13:57
Sorry ambush didn't see your post.
By:
ambush
When: 20 May 21 13:59
it was navan not naas. no worries hayden
By:
onlooker
When: 20 May 21 14:27
Thank you - ambush

Some memory, there - Dec 2016

I see -  Any Second Now was also making it's Racecourse debut in a Maiden Hurdle .... and JP had the 11/10 FAV in the race that ran 3rd, beaten less than 3 lengths

Any Second Now - then Won a Grade 2 next time out, at 6/1
By:
shoodacoodadidnt
When: 20 May 21 14:32
i think JP might know what he's doing
By:
onlooker
When: 20 May 21 14:52
Please don't try and tell me that he had a euro on that one, though.

Morning price: 12/1 14/1 33/1)
(Ring price: 18/1 33/1 28/1 33/1) - SP 33/1

Tote:  - 66.30 euros.

Fantasy Island Bookmakers - Closed for business above 2 Cents.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 20 May 21 14:56
Kadoun won the Pertemps Handicap at Cheltenham in 2006 @ 50/1. The bsp would have been around the 100.0 Mark I would have thought, or thereabouts anyway.
By:
ambush
When: 20 May 21 23:50
was the last race of the day. ran 4 in it. asked freddie for 50/1 to 5 grand each way , freddie bet him half. id say he was the only one who lost on the race.
By:
swift-tuttle
When: 21 May 21 04:17
Any weight of money on an outsider such a the one being discussed here will cause the calculation of the BFSP to reduce by a great deal.
So maybe it's a little unfair to compare these prices in such a direct way without regard to these factors:
The only reason that the BFSP is so large is that very few people on BF have backed the horse at BFSP ( and that means the connections have not chosen BFSP as a method of backing the horse);
If a price of say 80/1 is available about such a horse in more traditional betting (i.e. betting shops or on-course) then that price can withstand a much greater weight of money than BFSP can.

So the challenge is how to get decent money on at BFSP without killing the price. Only one method springs to mind and that is to drip-feed small amounts on BF over a period of time before the race so the the visible projected BFSP rebounds back to the very high values being quoted. Needless to say this is not a method that would appeal to the likes of JP.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com