Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
15 May 21 09:12
| Topic/replies: 21,351 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
obviously all about the palace piers and will be hard to beat if anywhere near his best but odds on not for me  and they dont always run to form ,form of the others there for all to see and if the fav has an off day not a lot between the rest ,i like my oberon each way at a big price trainer has a great record improving horses and this one could be a lot better than his rating ,he will need to be but has usefull form and is progressing has a bit to find with top rank but not a lot and is double the price of that one ,dropping back a furlong and going will suit 16/1 bog each way appeals to me.
selection my oberon 16/1 bog ,opinions encouraged good luck.
Pause Switch to Standard View lockinge stakes 3.35 newbury
Show More
Report Trusty May 15, 2021 10:34 AM BST
Gosden's not running anywhere near peak form, 10% S/R for him is very low and Frankie will ease down if not running as well as expected. Could be worth a place lay at 1.21 as risk very low. If PP does underperform then race is very open.
Report ashleigh May 15, 2021 10:42 AM BST
if palace pier is beatable, think it will be by the new kids, top rank or my oberon so will back both e/w.
j gosden, not in his usual form, 4 winners from his last 39 runners.
Report glentoby May 15, 2021 11:04 AM BST
Only ever backed the fav once,against Pinatubo.Was surprised by the ease of that win but even that and subsequent wins have not got me as excited as the like of the RP who hinted at a replacement for Frankel.Entitled to win today but no value despite appearing to have plenty in hand on the ratings.Have gone Top Rank ew @ 10s,has a good attitude and could bustle up PP.Good luck all.
Report tanglefoot May 15, 2021 11:10 AM BST
Pogo popped up on my radar
Jockey and trainer in form 80/1
Report FOYLESWAR May 15, 2021 11:13 AM BST
yeah glen as we know its often  not as cut and dried as the betting and ratings indicate .fav will probably win but at decent  prices each way we have 3 chances of a return and ya dont have to put much on ,whereas the fav one chance and not a lot  back for ya dough if it does win ,risk and reward an all that ! some decent solid  horses bar the fav and anything can happen.
Report FOYLESWAR May 15, 2021 11:14 AM BST
hope pogo dont" bounce" for ya tangle good luck.
Report tanglefoot May 15, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Foyle Grin
Palace Pier got the 5 Naps in newspaper naps competition,they can’t keep getting it wrong,can they.
Report FOYLESWAR May 15, 2021 11:23 AM BST
it will be a banker  in 1000s opon 1,000s of accas, yankees ,luckys etc ,they get done often enough as we know .
Report G Hall May 15, 2021 11:40 AM BST
It's always nice to see a good horse in full flight, putting up a top performance, hopefully Palace Pier doesn't disappoint today
Report acey deucy May 15, 2021 12:29 PM BST
I was not blown away by Palace Pier last time so far from a good thing in my book.
Report Platini May 15, 2021 12:51 PM BST
Unless the ground has suddenly dried up, the rest are playing for places here.

Century Dream is my idea of an e/w poke (18/1 with 4 places at Paddies)
Report stewarts rise May 15, 2021 1:00 PM BST
My EW pick in this would be Century Dream, the RP make a point of the fact that he hasn't been placed at G1 level which is obviously true but a fair few of those races were on GF or heavy ground. Take Palace Pier out of this race and it looks a G2/3 race to me, with the possible exception of Lope y Fernández who is upped in trip from last year and only won a listed race lto.
Century Dream at 7 yo is battle hardened and has form figures at Newbury of 411, and runs well fresh, winning 1st time out last year. Beat King Of Comedy 1st time out last year who had split Circus Maximus and Too Darn Hot 12 months before in St James Palace, he's  won 9 races, 8 of which over 1m/1m1/2f.
Think has good place claims at least.
Report metro john May 15, 2021 1:01 PM BST
I think Lope Y Fernandez is going the right way, I love Top ranks good attitude, yes, I think Palace pier a little vulnerable. Great race!
Report FOYLESWAR May 15, 2021 1:12 PM BST
i like your reasoning stewarts and been looking for a back up in this race and he is a tough bugger the type who puts t in and a decent each way price ,think ill have a saver each way on century.
Report EastLower Gooner May 15, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Kept it simple lol

13.33/1 ew Treble

Palace Pier / Lockinge
Medina Spirit / Preakness
Poetic Flare / French 2000

All 3 are the best horses in their races.

I may have a dabble in the w/o market for the Lockinge...not sure as yet...maybe a fit Lord Glitters to run for a place perhaps? Or pogo? I have plenty of time for Pogo. Nice horse. I think people don’t give him the credit he deserves because he has a simple name.
Report Life-Lucky May 15, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Can't bet against a champ but for a place I'm with Happy Power, huge odds, poor draw but good jockey. Seems like Lope Y Fernan they don't really know his best distance but he's fit from a trouncing by Palace Pier and ready go have another go
Report unclepuncle May 15, 2021 1:59 PM BST
I’ll throw a few quid at Happy Power e/w @ 75 on here.
Report sageform May 15, 2021 3:32 PM BST
Can't see past the favourite but no bet race. If I had a freebie it would be Lady Bowthorpe place only.
Report StillLearning May 15, 2021 3:34 PM BST

May 15, 2021 -- 9:32AM, sageform wrote:

Can't see past the favourite but no bet race. If I had a freebie it would be Lady Bowthorpe place only.

my bet exactly

Report glentoby May 15, 2021 3:37 PM BST
Wouldn't back Lady B with stolen money but gl chaps.
Report sageform May 15, 2021 3:39 PM BST
Well done, I thought she might shake up Frankie for a few strides.
Report glentoby May 15, 2021 3:39 PM BST
She ran a cracker chaps,mine only 3rd.Cool
Report ashleigh May 15, 2021 3:40 PM BST
impressive.Cool
Report StillLearning May 15, 2021 3:41 PM BST

May 15, 2021 -- 9:37AM, glentoby wrote:

lol

Report Platini May 15, 2021 3:41 PM BST
battered them.

Just wait till the ground actually is soft.
Report GAZO May 15, 2021 3:42 PM BST
you think the fav wants soft ?
Report glentoby May 15, 2021 3:44 PM BST
Did you win anything stillL?Wink
Report differentdrum May 15, 2021 3:44 PM BST
Racing TV talking as if the winner won 5 lengths. It looked to me like a closing length and a half with the added benefit of the rail. If that was brilliant then the second must have all of a sudden found a stone.
Report StillLearning May 15, 2021 3:44 PM BST

May 15, 2021 -- 9:44AM, glentoby wrote:

Did you win anything stillL?

Read my post, the clue is in there

Report sageform May 15, 2021 3:45 PM BST
The first three were a very long way clear of the pack.
Report differentdrum May 15, 2021 3:48 PM BST
Which seems to imply most of the field were either not Group 1 horses, or didn't give their running.
Report hulk23 May 15, 2021 3:48 PM BST
It looked to me like a closing length and a half with the added benefit of the rail.

dearie me Shocked
Report glentoby May 15, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Just messing StillL,she ran a cracker,already posted that.The reason for my comment about stolen money to do with the trainer not the horse,had a bad day at Notts with him putting us away.Wink
Report Platini May 15, 2021 3:52 PM BST
GAZO 15 May 21 14:42 
you think the fav wants soft ?

Laugh
Report acey deucy May 15, 2021 3:58 PM BST
Seen him win on heavy so why not?
Report GAZO May 15, 2021 4:03 PM BST
heavy in france ?
Report metro john May 15, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Will get a high rating I got 130, some should have it bigger?
Report metro john May 15, 2021 6:51 PM BST
How much improvement do you allow a mare like Lady Bowthorpe?
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 15, 2021 9:58 PM BST
hopeless
Report SeeMoreBusiness May 15, 2021 9:58 PM BST
be surprised if there is anything to stop the winner triumphing in every mile race it wishes to enter unless something improves.....like he did from a handicap at Newcastle ! Always annoyed me that. I had him at 25/1 to win the 2000 last year. Doubt if any of this year's 2000g improve past him though Coolmore may have something. The 2nd ran well but it was daylight back to the 3rd. All of that said, my suspicion is we see him over 10f post Sussex for certain. A really good horse
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 15, 2021 10:02 PM BST
FOYLESWAR 15 May 21 09:12 
obviously all about the palace piers and will be hard to beat if anywhere near his best but odds on not for me  and they dont always run to form ,form of the others there for all to see and if the fav has an off day not a lot between the rest ,i like my oberon each way at a big price trainer has a great record improving horses and this one could be a lot better than his rating ,he will need to be but has usefull form and is progressing has a bit to find with top rank but not a lot and is double the price of that one ,dropping back a furlong and going will suit 16/1 bog each way appeals to me.
selection my oberon 16/1 bog ,opinions encouraged good luck.

Trusty 15 May 21 09:34 
Gosden's not running anywhere near peak form, 10% S/R for him is very low and Frankie will ease down if not running as well as expected. Could be worth a place lay at 1.21 as risk very low. If PP does underperform then race is very open.

ashleigh 15 May 21 09:42 
if palace pier is beatable, think it will be by the new kids, top rank or my oberon so will back both e/w.
j gosden, not in his usual form, 4 winners from his last 39 runners.

glentoby 15 May 21 10:04 
Only ever backed the fav once,against Pinatubo.Was surprised by the ease of that win but even that and subsequent wins have not got me as excited as the like of the RP who hinted at a replacement for Frankel.Entitled to win today but no value despite appearing to have plenty in hand on the ratings.Have gone Top Rank ew @ 10s,has a good attitude and could bustle up PP.Good luck all.

acey deucy 15 May 21 11:29 
I was not blown away by Palace Pier last time so far from a good thing in my book.

metro john 15 May 21 12:01 
I think Lope Y Fernandez is going the right way, I love Top ranks good attitude, yes, I think Palace pier a little vulnerable. Great race!

glentoby 15 May 21 14:37 

clueless,hopeless & dopeless..nee wunders yas are al skint.
Report Deptford May 15, 2021 10:06 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report hulk23 May 15, 2021 11:05 PM BST
23 Apr 21 14:05
that'll take a bit of beating this season, monster.

not al skintWink
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com