Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
08 May 21 14:03
| Topic/replies: 10,154 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
Rachel Blackmore up I wonder how it will run?
Pause Switch to Standard View call me Freddie 4.45 cork 50's into 7/4
Show More
Report StillLearning May 8, 2021 3:04 PM BST
jockey change from I J Mccarthy btw
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 3:20 PM BST
Plain
Report ashleigh May 8, 2021 4:52 PM BST
rachel at her strongest.Cool
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 4:53 PM BST
ShockedGreat Ride , they KNEW
Report ashleigh May 8, 2021 4:54 PM BST
sp 7/4 bfsp 6.6.
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Previous form giving no indication , Questions will be asked
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 4:59 PM BST
Beaten a combined total of over 300 Lengths  Last 5 races Laugh
Report slickster May 8, 2021 5:01 PM BST
Didn't take Blackmore long to get involved in the grubbiness.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves May 8, 2021 5:07 PM BST
Eh? It's the only time she's ridden the horse, and it's won.

What's she supposed to do? Go back in time and erase its previous runs?
Report Celtic warrior May 8, 2021 7:45 PM BST
Not her fault. She wants to be on a winner. The trainer should be banned for six months. Its basically fraud
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 8:43 PM BST
Footage on Twitter of Carrots sticking out of her handbag on arrival to track .
Report lead on May 8, 2021 8:54 PM BST
What happened to the originally booked jockey?
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 9:06 PM BST
Car probably broke down while he was in the bath .
Report punchestown May 8, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Footage on Twitter of Carrots sticking out of her handbag on arrival to track

---------------------
LaughLaughLaugh
Report scaredmoney May 8, 2021 10:21 PM BST
lead on • May 8, 2021 8:54 PM BST
What happened to the originally booked jockey?

Filled his COVID form out incorrectly when Rachael became available
Report slickster May 8, 2021 10:29 PM BST
The best lie I have EVER heard. His licence should be taken away for bare faced cheek never mind the alleged not knowing how his beast was backed from 40's into favouritism.
Report steerforth May 8, 2021 10:33 PM BST
FFS you lot -  get over yourselves. It's landed a gamble. That's how horse racing works. What exactly would you want to see? Because the implication is that with the horse's form as it is, it's simply not allowed to win below a given price that the public deem to be a fair and reasonable representation of its chance relative to the race its entered for. The Soviet Union is long gone.
Report swiftynifty May 8, 2021 10:38 PM BST
It's great for connections. It's great for people who follow the money. It's dreadful for those who read the form book. It's dreadful for youngsters who read the form book, see the result and think sod this for a game of soldiers. They go back to football, or poker or a.n.other. It's dreadful news for the levy.
Report penzance May 8, 2021 10:43 PM BST
lots of these gambles fall by the wayside,this was one
that didn't.
All these who whinge about these gambles,if they got
the nod,I bet it'd be a different story.
Report steerforth May 8, 2021 10:44 PM BST
Yep - with that one written off to the insiders, we had no chance with the day's other 65 races. Why bother?
Report steerforth May 8, 2021 10:49 PM BST

May 8, 2021 -- 4:38PM, swiftynifty wrote:

It's great for connections. It's great for people who follow the money. It's dreadful for those who read the form book. It's dreadful for youngsters who read the form book, see the result and think sod this for a game of soldiers. They go back to football, or poker or a.n.other. It's dreadful news for the levy.

Strange you take that view. It's exactly that edgy sense of intrigue that attracted me to horse racing many many (and I do mean many) years ago. The sanitised 21st century is a joyless desert.

Report leif May 8, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Glory for punters meant agony for bookmakers, and Paddy Power reported Call Me Freddie to be their biggest loser of the day.

Spokesman Paul Binfield said: “Hats off to the punters who backed the winner – we saw plenty of support from 40s down throughout the day and we felt the writing might be on the wall when we saw the pilot change. A proper, old-fashioned coup and well done to all involved.”

Doesn't sound like agony does it?

Prolly laid connections for a few bob and cut the price to ribbons.

Digital trail available to prove who had the early dough on the mule.

two bob races will continue to be the source of jiggers. not likely to change going forard you'd think.
Report steerforth May 8, 2021 10:57 PM BST
Excellent point - when is a gamble not a gamble? I'm posting on two threads here, the other one is the tear up of Bookies PR men - and I know where the real artifice resides! And thats every race, every day by the way
Report lead on May 8, 2021 10:59 PM BST
Binners sounds like he's had a couple of bob on for himselfHappy
Report swiftynifty May 8, 2021 11:08 PM BST
steerforth, gambles landed by horses that had back form are acceptable when conditions my suit, that's solving the puzzle, but a horse beaten any number of lengths in every race suddenly winning is not good for racing. If I was starting out on the horse racing gambling road and saw results like these I'd be off.

As for PP if people believe they lost on the race that's even more ridiculous. They will have laid a few pennies at prices from those in the know, a few quid at SP but plenty on all the known-form horses in a 130% book.
Report steerforth May 8, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Swifty - If that were true day in day out, then of course you're right, you'd be an idiot to continue trying to turn a profit, but it's not - as I said - 65 other races today. It's an occupational hazard that has always been part of the great triviality.
Report swiftynifty May 8, 2021 11:30 PM BST
A few here and there and you lose a few quid, OK, part of the game you say, but if it cost you a large bet or a multiple it would leave a sour taste wouldn't you agree? It was unfathomable results like this on the AW that steered me away from it years back. As for Irish jumps I wouldn't have the time or inclination to study those races so they don't affect me. But I'm definitely not in the 'Well done connections' camp, nor was I when Barney Curley was pulling his stunts and making plenty of races no go areas.
Report steerforth May 9, 2021 12:02 AM BST
No neither am I, and I'm not condoning an isolated incidence of cheating just because it's not immediately evident in other races on other days. You make a fair point - but perhaps I should caveat mine. I'm not seeing any real evidence of cheating in this case, though I haven't watched it's previous races back, so don't know for sure. I'm coming at this from the angle that horses can improve and demonstrate well-being without that improvement having been manifested in public, this one has been off the track for four months. If connections are taking advantage of knowledge they are priveleged to, then I think that's part of the game. I wouldn't expect anyone to wave a flag the night before to tell the world about their expectations. As a punter I'd just accept it and move on. If a horse is deliberately stopped then is lined up for a coup - different matter.
Report swiftynifty May 9, 2021 12:20 AM BST
We'll never know why the horse has taken 18 months to fulfil the potential shown in that second bumper run for Jedd O'Keeffe. We do know it has shown zilch in 6 runs in Ireland, never going off shorter than 60BSP. Has it has problems? Maybe. But I know what I think.

steerforth, you are more forgiving than me! But maybe a fiddle horse hasn't cost you a £1/4million payout ,then you might think differently!
Report Deplasterer May 9, 2021 1:49 AM BST
It's the 5/4 jolly that most normal punters back that are pulled get on my goat. Doubt many layers were done on here, fair play if they got their 3 or 4 grand on with the books.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com