Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Newmarket-spurs
03 May 21 14:10
| Topic/replies: 284 | Blogger: Newmarket-spurs's blog
I had a £10 patent with Adjani / Will Carver & Verstality which would've paid circa £800.
When is Henderson going to ditch Nico De Bonville???? He used to have Barry G. Talk about going from the Champions League to League 2.

I hope you all understand why I think Nicole is completely over rated and stubborn blind loyalty from Henderson must be the only explanation.
Pause Switch to Standard View Nico De Bonville - another shocker
Show More
Report jinxy May 3, 2021 4:13 PM BST
trainers don`t ditch jocks because they are behind most of the sh1te rides , most if not all jocks are corrupt cheats , that is the nature of the job , it`s a shame but they are paid to do as they are told . Probably there are some decent characters out there 1 But it is a corrupt dishonest sport 1 , by default !
Report punchestown May 3, 2021 5:05 PM BST
I wouldn't be Nico's biggest fan but there was not a whole he could do in hindsight about the unseat.

I've watched it a few times now and the horse took a false step,slowed and went sideways which jinked him out the side door.
Report jamesdean May 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Plain
Report duffy May 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Won't need to shower after that effort
Report gooroo May 6, 2021 4:41 PM BST
that was very poor wouldnt of defo won but could have been given a much better chance
Report clacton May 6, 2021 4:53 PM BST

May 3, 2021 -- 10:13AM, jinxy wrote:

trainers don`t ditch jocks because they are behind most of the sh1te rides , most if not all jocks are corrupt cheats , that is the nature of the job , it`s a shame but they are paid to do as they are told . Probably there are some decent characters out there 1 But it is a corrupt dishonest sport 1 , by default !

Dead right jinxy.  If you dont do as you are told, you dont get any rides. Simple as that.

Report MJK May 6, 2021 5:03 PM BST
Bourneville was over rated to start with (not by everyone fortunately). Nothing to do with following orders etc, he was always bog average and no better than Jerry McGrath. The nonsense you hear people say that these jockeys wouldn't be at these stables if they weren't good is just that, nonsense. Havlin the flat equivalent. They all get winners due to the volume at a big stable, but they do in spite of their talent and not because of it.
Report jamesdean May 6, 2021 5:07 PM BST
Good post MJK. The truth is there just isnt that many top class jump jockeys to go around these days.
There's no Mcoys, ruby's, BJGs etc so most trainers are stuck with what theyve got
Report shoodacoodadidnt May 6, 2021 5:11 PM BST
I'm with jinxy - orders
Report grayhawk May 6, 2021 5:18 PM BST
I've been punting for 40 odd years and i'm struggling recall a luckier jockey than De Boinville...by that i mean who else has consistently ridden the standard of horseflesh that he rides relevant to his abilities as a jockey

He must get down on bended knee and knock out 50 hail Marys and our fathers every night...
Report Newmarket-spurs May 6, 2021 9:15 PM BST
I have been punting for 25+ years and Nicole De Bourneville is one of the worst jockeys I have ever seen be the No.1 jockey for a leading yard. Today at Huntingdon was another NDB masterclass of losing on the best horse in the race. All he had to do was settle the horse, dont get too far behind and then push out for a comfortable victory.
This p**** has cost me a fortune this year. Why does Henderson stay loyal to him? He has the choice of nearly every jockey out there to ride for him. Unbelievable.
Report Tiger Tiger May 6, 2021 9:25 PM BST
If you all think that he is useless then surely it is you who are the fools for backing horses that a rides?
Report The Dragon May 6, 2021 9:29 PM BST
henderson is bumming him   end of
Report The Dragon May 6, 2021 9:30 PM BST
very poor jockey  finding it hard to recall a great ride he gave any horseCrazy
Report Newmarket-spurs May 6, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Tiger Tiger .... That is actually a fair point but for me if I think the horse is going to win and the price is fair then I at that point just hope the jockey doesn't f*** it up. The horse does the work after all. Obviously on the flat youre extra happy if someone like Tom Marquand is riding or a someone competent on the jumps. Nicole is just a disaster all round and I need to learn my lesson.
Report Newmarket-spurs May 6, 2021 9:35 PM BST
The Dragon ...Exactly! Can anyone name a time when he gave a great ride and won on the 2nd/3rd best horse in the race through clever tactics or brilliant horsemanship?
Ill wait....
Report The Dragon May 6, 2021 9:37 PM BST
im sure there must be one???
Report Tiger Tiger May 6, 2021 9:39 PM BST
Newmarket-Spurs, check out his record on 4 and 5 yr olds in Hurdle, Novice Hurdle, Maiden Hurdle and NH Flat races, you might be surprised at his P&L to Bfsp.
Report Newmarket-spurs May 6, 2021 9:40 PM BST
Grayhawk... That is comment of the day! You are so right. We all have opinions about the merits of various jockeys and when it comes to the BIG stables they invariably will have someone that we all agree is at least a Top 10 Jock in terms of talent. (usually Top 3).....However Nicole is not even Top 50. If I went down the list and I owned a horse I could probably name a 100 jockeys I would prefer to have on board. However he rides as No.1 for the Nicky Henderson stable!!!! I do not understand and no one can explain it.
Report Newmarket-spurs May 6, 2021 9:43 PM BST
Tiger Tiger - I haven't seen but if you ride No.1 for Nicky Henderson you should have a 25% win rate as standard. I look at the great rides compared to losing on the best horse. Barry G was just brilliant. Nicole is shockingly poor. It really is that simple.
Report moonaxed May 6, 2021 11:11 PM BST
Shishkin first race of 2020 festival was a great ride.
Report punts May 6, 2021 11:41 PM BST
Newmarket: Stop betting on Jumps. The season is over. If you proceed then you will see peculiar results because summer jumping is a niche in itself
Report stewarty b May 7, 2021 2:33 AM BST

Runner Jacket
6. Shishkin  (IRE) 4/9F
Nico de Boinville
Nicky Henderson
7    114    164    165    174    –   
Chased leaders, good jump to lead 3 out, nudged along and went clear before 2 out, 6 lengths ahead last, easily, impressive

I think the impressive was aimed at the horse..
Report G Hall May 7, 2021 7:27 AM BST
I think he meant the 2020 festival Stew
Report moonaxed May 7, 2021 8:41 AM BST
Cheltenham 2020
Report G Hall May 7, 2021 9:48 AM BST
Also you can't compare Henderson stable now to days gone by, different horses, different carrots.
Report stewarty b May 7, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Apologies, but Henderson could pick any of the Mullins squad who would do a better job imo.
Report tonyb50 May 7, 2021 10:35 AM BST
without doubt he has lost a lot of races he should have won.Confidence issue or bad riding or both,it seems late on in races his horse is always the one to make mistakes and Henderson should maybe try someone different if only to give  him a kick up the arris
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com