Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
comingupthehill
01 May 21 21:28
| Topic/replies: 5,106 | Blogger: comingupthehill's blog
The dinasours got wiped out.
Diesel/petrol cars will soon finnish
Betting shops will be closed in 10 years.

But the weekender 10-20 page results section will be printed every week. This will never stop. There are currently 8 people left in the uk who still collect these pages. None of them actually use it. As they just go on line. But they just collect them out of habit. Some weeks the results section is thicker than the paper. Thank god for digital printing presses.

The racing post have to plant 1000 tress a year to stay carbon neutral just to bring us this pointless section of the paper.

At least now they keep the results within one section. So it’s easy to throw away upon leaving the shop.

So I salute the post in this futile exercise. The greatest waste of time.money and paper in the history of the print media.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 12
By:
acey deucy
When: 02 May 21 08:29
Well said,absolutely fakin pointless !! LaughLaugh
By:
portmanpark
When: 02 May 21 08:50
i am one of those...buy it every week but never read it.....habit in keeping the results pages
By:
Ramruma
When: 02 May 21 08:54
The Weekender's readership is split between those who read the paper and bin the results, and those who read the results and bin the paper.

If it were only one or the other, the solution would be obvious.

(Oh, and Maddie Playle's mum.)
By:
portmanpark
When: 02 May 21 08:59
my wife keeps wanting me to throw out my results section pages...she dont understand
By:
lead on
When: 02 May 21 09:02
Used to buy it every week when it started up...really good read then,Alister Down,Geoffrey Bernard,Gerald Delamere amongst others....look at it now ..apart from Kealy what have you got...jaded articles from Segal which can read as if he's just filling space and a column by the clueless teagirl,Maddy Playle with her"opinions" and "guesses"...can't see it surviving much longer!
By:
portmanpark
When: 02 May 21 09:08
coming upthe hill....surely you don't follow the tipsters in the weekender??
By:
thesportinglife
When: 02 May 21 10:28
It does seem in the days of Alistair Down,David Ashforth and Geoffrey Bernard,the writers had a great sense of humor,when Blowing stone was on holiday he was replaced with..can`t remember his exact name but was something pebble !,the writers now are obsessed with pleasing the anti racing lobby while pandering about issues like the whip.
By:
lead on
When: 02 May 21 10:45
Puffing PebbleHappy
By:
Ramruma
When: 02 May 21 11:15
Blowing Stone was the one who wrote about Jamie Osborne's ladder?

Was it the Weekender that had Steve Boggett finding non-triers in every race?
By:
thesportinglife
When: 02 May 21 11:43
That`s it lead on !
By:
screaming from beneaththewaves
When: 02 May 21 12:22
Boggett was funny. Everyone thought his super-detailed close-up comments made him the best analyst in the country. Until those obscure northern meetings actually got televised, and we suddenly realized he'd been making the whole lot up.
By:
loper
When: 02 May 21 12:25
Blowing Stone was Steve Taylor, the unctuous Lambourn correspondent.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com