Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dambuster
14 Apr 21 12:57
| Topic/replies: 4,996 | Blogger: dambuster's blog
Ban
Pause Switch to Standard View De Souza , 6 months or a year
Show More
Report paulypaul April 14, 2021 1:59 PM BST
That was shocking! Francesca brushes it off with a no luck offering FFS.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 14, 2021 2:00 PM BST
wasnt very subtle was it.
Report portmanpark April 14, 2021 2:02 PM BST
surely going to get done under non triers rule
Report 1st time poster April 14, 2021 2:03 PM BST
stewards,trainers,owners arnt interested so when racing crowds are back about time uk racegoers got rid of the stuffed shirt attitudes and like in india,hong kong far east started abusing these jocks on the way back to enclosures it would soon stop because these prima doners will swallow anything but criticism
Report wondersobright April 14, 2021 2:12 PM BST
apprentice...ban 1.01
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 2:15 PM BST
not sure what you's were watching..i laid it early as was very keen..he cudnt get a run from over 2 out..nothing he cud do..one of those things.
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 14, 2021 2:19 PM BST
When i worked in racing i know fora fact that jockeys were told to stop horses but they were also told to flap their elbows up and down to make it look like you were trying. De sousa there was blatent.
Report jamesdean April 14, 2021 2:20 PM BST
You laying early these days greenie, change of tact?
Didnt think you looked at monitor until 2/3 out
Report xmoneyx April 14, 2021 2:20 PM BST
life ban
Report acey deucy April 14, 2021 2:21 PM BST
De Souza would not know how to ride a non trier...There must be some excuse for that as i agree it did look bad.
Report acey deucy April 14, 2021 2:22 PM BST
De Souza is like Mark Johnston always trying.Wink
Report Slicer April 14, 2021 2:23 PM BST
Perhaps now he can resume his music career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pasdDicu0Ms
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Didnt think you looked at monitor until 2/3 out

jumps.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 2:36 PM BST
you's need to rewatch the race..was as keen as it comes 1st 3f...

over 2 out he was stuck in between with not enough a gap to go through..

nowt to see..if you think that was a non trier you need another hobby.
Report the dealer April 14, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Pretty much anything that doesn't get a run is a non trier it seems.
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 14, 2021 2:45 PM BST
Some hilarious comments on here, i understand its all about personal opinion but i guarantee you if the money was down on De Sousas mount he would have got through that gap 100%
Report GEORGE.B April 14, 2021 2:46 PM BST
He could have angled out sooner when he was sat 2 or so lengths detached, but I guess the counterargument would be he didn't want to make his move too soon over a trip which is perhaps not the horse's optimum.

But let's deal with what we know to be FACT.

SDS is King Power's number one jockey, yet of the owner's two horses, he was one the riding the 18-1 outsider while OM got to ride the more fancied Chil Chil.

So you could argue to opted to ride Stone Of Destiny with a more valuable and prestigious handicap on the horizon, but whichever one could it be?

The Epsom Dash, or one of those mega bucks handicaps at Ascot?
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 14, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Drawn on outside and somehow find yourself in between 2 horses, hilariousLaugh
Report GEORGE.B April 14, 2021 2:50 PM BST
Chil Chil 7/1
Stone Of Destiny 18/1

what was going on with the King Power jockey bookings?

The market knew which of the KP horses was going to be running a race.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 2:59 PM BST
DancingBraveTheBest 14 Apr 21 13:46 
Drawn on outside and somehow find yourself in between 2 horses, hilarious

what an absolutely embarrassing comment.
Report jamesdean April 14, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Wasnt off a yard ffs. He was strangling the horse from the gates, no wonder the horses head was all over the place
ofc as George has said, it was the stables other runner where the money was which has ran a blinder to be 2nd.

All this no gap nonsense, the race was well and truly over for him by then, wouldn't had made a jot of difference if the gap
was there, the damage had been done by then. Bad draw, just a give him an easy for another day and let the fancied stables other runner
have a crack today
Report saddo April 14, 2021 3:07 PM BST
jamesdean 14 Apr 21 14:03 
Wasnt off a yard ffs. He was strangling the horse from the gates, no wonder the horses head was all over the place
ofc as George has said, it was the stables other runner where the money was which has ran a blinder to be 2nd.

Agree with that.
Report GEORGE.B April 14, 2021 3:08 PM BST
The horse is rated 99, he'll have no bother getting into any of the big summer sprint handicaps, but what wouldn't help though is being penalised for winning an £11K race.
Whatever your view on the ride, I'm sure we can all agree there are bigger races ahead for the horse to run in, and maybe that explains the jockey bookings, SDS wanted to get a feel of the horse!
Report saddo April 14, 2021 3:10 PM BST
He got a feel for it's back teeth
Report 1st time poster April 14, 2021 3:10 PM BST
this why theyve got the game by the balls,wins ,runs wello next time out
those who say it was a non jigger say look i told you so
those making excuses for it ,say look i told you so,
everyones winner,mondieu, luvely jubbley
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 3:12 PM BST
its in the tracker Cool
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 14, 2021 3:17 PM BST
“Never involved” Wink
Report penzance April 14, 2021 3:17 PM BST
De Sousa won the Portland H'cap on it.
Probably stuck with it.
Report GEORGE.B April 14, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Beaten just over 2l in last season't Wokingham off a mark of 97, if the handicapper's kind he might drop him back to that mark ahead of a another attempt in the race, and would be following a similar path, with a pipe opener first at HQ.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 3:29 PM BST
i will concur it was a sympathetic ride..wasnt for today.
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 14, 2021 3:30 PM BST
Im not embarrassed by that comment Green. Everyone entitled to their own opinion, why the need to belittle me?
Report robo April 14, 2021 3:30 PM BST
The question is not whether it tried or not , but would you back it in any race . It’s a lunatic and was as free as the wind , and I could see why greanteen laid it early  on . It may not have been fancied today but it’s a creature and you would not back that in any race .
Report blackbarn April 14, 2021 3:32 PM BST
An enquiry was held into the running and riding of STONE OF DESTINY, ridden by Silvestre De Sousa and trained by Andrew Balding, which raced keen at the rear of the field throughout and appeared to stay on under apparent considerate handling, to finish ninth of eleven, beaten by 6 ¼ lengths. The rider was interviewed and shown recordings of the race and the Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of the gelding failed to reveal any abnormalities. The rider stated his instructions were to drop in, get cover and finish in the best possible position as STONE OF DESTINY has not ran since the 19 September 2020 and has a history of racing keen. He added that it took approximately ½ a furlong to get the gelding to settle and relax on the bridle and that his plan was to wait for a clear run when approaching the dip. He further added that at approximately 2½ furlongs out, rather than take the small gap in between both STONE CIRCLE (IRE) and DAZZLING DAN (IRE), he felt the better option would be to wait for sufficient room to enable him to come with a late run but was unable to switch to his left due to the proximity of DAZZLING DAN (IRE)’s heels, who was racing just ahead of him. De Sousa stated that at approximately 1 ½ furlongs out when attempting to go for a gap, he was denied a clear run as a result of STONE CIRCLE (IRE) drifting slightly left-handed and thereafter failed to quicken, staying on one-paced to the line passing only two tired horses. He further indicated that, in his opinion, STONE OF DESTINY would appreciate being dropped back to its optimum trip of 5 furlongs in the future. His explanations were noted.
Report acey deucy April 14, 2021 3:32 PM BST
Im not embarrassed by that comment Green. Everyone entitled to their own opinion, why the need to belittle me?...The Pr1ck trys to belittle everybody thats just him.
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 14, 2021 3:42 PM BST
Cheers Blackbarn, at least we know its been looked into.  Also thanks Acey, i wont take the betlittling from Green to heart knowing what youve said.
Report duncan idaho April 14, 2021 3:44 PM BST
Wasnt off a yard ffs. He was strangling the horse from the gates

that's how it won the Portland
Report duffy April 14, 2021 3:45 PM BST
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy 14 Apr 21 13:36 
you's need to rewatch the race..was as keen as it comes 1st 3f...

He added that it took approximately ½ a furlong to get the gelding to settle and relax on the bridle

Close Laugh
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 3:45 PM BST
DancingBraveTheBest 14 Apr 21 13:46

so basically you're stating that every horse drawn on the wide outside races all the way on the wide outside?
Report jamesdean April 14, 2021 3:48 PM BST
I take it the Portland was worth more than 11k, duncan
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 3:56 PM BST
https://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1157290?showResult=yes

same as today jd..as duffer sed.
Report jamesdean April 14, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Nowhere near as bad as today. Plus he tries in the Portland, there was zero effort today.
Comparing apples with pears
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 4:03 PM BST
He further added that at approximately 2½ furlongs out, rather than take the small gap in between both STONE CIRCLE (IRE) and DAZZLING DAN (IRE), he felt the better option would be to wait for sufficient room to enable him to come with a late run

a fair explanation imo..or could be a fabrication.
Report jamesdean April 14, 2021 4:07 PM BST
Just compare the effort when the money is down to today's run, whether it wins or loses
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 14, 2021 4:09 PM BST
rather than take the small gap in between

Cool
Report Oldgit1 April 14, 2021 7:50 PM BST
Doesn't say that he has been referred on.
Report Pilsudski April 15, 2021 10:32 AM BST
You would think the Cumani woman, given her background,would be able to spot a non-trier.
Report sageform April 15, 2021 11:29 AM BST
In every race there is one winner (apart from dead heats) and a lot of losers and just about every exchange punter who backs a loser wants to find a reason, other than his own judgement, for why it lost. Funny really. The Buick/Murphy/Kirby race was a classic. Murphy got himself boxed in by Kirby but found a run up the rail as Buick drifted out. If Buick had won everyone would have been crucifying Murphy. If Kirby had won his backers would have cited his "clever" ride in blocking Murphy while Murphy backers would have accused Kirby of foul riding and so on. The best horse won the race which is as it should be.
Report 1st time poster April 15, 2021 12:10 PM BST
nothing to see according to some on here,but there was even enough for those who dont want to see,to put down their gin n tonics and call an enquiry, BHA must be delighted some so called savy punters on betfair were happy with that ride
if you cant find reasons,excuses to forgive that ride you can find reasons to forgive any ride,which suits BHA just fine
Report blackbarn April 15, 2021 12:29 PM BST
To give the Stewards a bit of credit (ouch!!!!!), they have access to more camera coverage and angles than we have, AND the race coverage I have seen is pretty poor as it was during the race itself with said horse being out of the picture for some of the race. It is clear that the Stewards found his explanation plausible (they don't always!!) and simply noted it. No referral as Oldgit says.
Report saddo April 15, 2021 12:40 PM BST
sageform, with respect. In every race there will be a few trying to win it, you knew after 20 yards that this wasn't one of them. You never see me cry foul btw, quite the opposite. It's the way of the game and I take advantage of it when I can.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 1:16 PM BST
ancingBraveTheBest 14 Apr 21 13:46 

it certainly is hilarious Laugh
Report sageform April 15, 2021 1:28 PM BST
If you are still talking about the de Souza ride then I agree, it was not trying, but I doubt if it would have won as it has no form over 6 furlongs.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 2:03 PM BST
12 Jan 2018    Ncs 6F St Cl4 Nov £5k    9-2    Won/8 (8), Dubai Acclaim (¾L)     5/2 2F    -   
J P Spencer
Report sageform April 15, 2021 2:31 PM BST
Now that was a truly awful ride by de Souza! Heavily backed favourite and amazingly went shorter in running but never put in the race. I bailed out at 2.6 so broke even but how inept that ride was.
Report dave1357 April 15, 2021 2:31 PM BST
yep that was atrocious
Report handtorofe April 15, 2021 2:33 PM BST
Never tried a inch on that
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 2:34 PM BST
will rewatch and report back.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 2:58 PM BST
nudgy nudgy most of way

would say finished with plenty in hand though.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 2:58 PM BST
nudgy nudgy most of way

wouldn't say finished with plenty in hand though.
Report jamesdean April 15, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Was away fast but pulls horse back early doors. Short of room slightly later on but hardly tries when gaps do come.
Wouldnt be happy if bet it
Report jamesdean April 15, 2021 3:00 PM BST
You joking greenie, had plenty left after the line . Cdve went around again
Report sageform April 15, 2021 3:01 PM BST
He had the rail from the stalls but chose to let 5 horses come past! Should win over 10 furlongs later on but for 600,000 Euros you would hope so.
Report saddo April 15, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Outpaced two out, run interrupted once it began. A case of not beating a debutant up when it might only come second imo.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 15, 2021 3:05 PM BST
only saying what i saw...wasnt exactly mowing them down last 1/2f.
Report saddo April 15, 2021 3:05 PM BST
Plenty left.
Report jamesdean April 15, 2021 3:07 PM BST
Thats cause hed given up half a furlong out when beat. As saddo said, no point going hard on it when no getting there first time out
If anything they will prob step it up in trip giving what it had left
Report saddo April 15, 2021 4:01 PM BST
It will pay em back in spades for a kind ride.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com