Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
carrot1960
13 Apr 21 18:21
| Topic/replies: 14,973 | Blogger: carrot1960's blog
Have you ever seen a more confident ride
Show More
Report Wesdag April 13, 2021 7:22 PM BST
looked like it'd just joined in
Report slickster April 13, 2021 7:23 PM BST
Juiced up with tomato puree that one.
Report Wicklow April 13, 2021 7:23 PM BST
surprised that it only hit 300-400's inrun considering it was hardly in the picture until the last 100 yards
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 7:31 PM BST
Was she actually aware of what was on ?  Happy

Ms L Ward

Form
Booked Rides
Horses
Stats
Last 14 days

DATE        POS.        SP    TRAINER    RPR    DIFF

No form for this jockey
Report blackbarn April 13, 2021 8:04 PM BST
First winner ever and first ride under rules for 13 years, according to RP Stats. It is Mrs L Ward by the way.
Report windsor knot April 13, 2021 9:00 PM BST
hang on , the kid looks about 18 !
Report carrot1960 April 13, 2021 9:17 PM BST
According to Timeform she had her first ride on POLYNTH on the 16 Mar 99 as Mrs Lynne Ward
Report carrot1960 April 13, 2021 9:19 PM BST
Which differs from Irish Racing. coms

On her first ride Laura Ward struck a spectacular success in the Irish Stallion Farms EBF Auction INH Flat Race at Fairyhouse aboard her uncle Vincent’s newcomer Mary’s Pride.

Based locally at Piercetown Kilcock, Ward was sending out his first winner since 2017 when Western Goose did the business for him, also at this venue.

Fictional Account had his name up in lights in the past, including at Stakes level on the Flat, and he has another exciting one on his hands in the shape of the Aizavoski four-year-old gelding, Mary’s Pride, who he also owns.

Mary’s Pride (80s into 40s) raced in the rear, and he was fourteenth entering the straight.

Ridden on the outer two furlongs out, the youngster went fifth a furlong out, staying on strongly in the final furlong to lead in the last strides. He beat Top Dog and favourite Hi Ho Phoenix by half a length and a length and three parts.

“That's brilliant. We bought this fella last year for €3,700 for Laura. She's been riding since she was a 12-year-old and is going to college," said Ward.

“She's also been riding out for Lorna Fowler and has been a great help to me.

“Her mother passed away three years ago and the horse is named after her.

“These are the days for small trainers like me. For me to produce him first time out and to give her her first winner is one of the best days I've had for a long time.

“We've only five horses and this is a fantastic day, it's what racing is all about for a small trainer. I'm so excited for her.

“We're farmers and I foal some mares as well, especially for Lorna Fowler. Douglas Taylor is my main man, I pre-train for him before the horses are sent to Willie's and Gordon's.

“We only train a few but we enjoy it. We had that horse broken and riding in three days. I rang Harry Fowler because I thought he was broken but he wasn't.

“We brought him to the beach and he walked out up to his ears in water. He's just been a special horse for a special girl. Today is a great day.”
Report blackbarn April 13, 2021 9:44 PM BST
Thanks Carrot.  Sounds like the RP have got their L Ward ladies muddled up!
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 11:16 PM BST
Great story Happy   ... makes me feel far less aggrieved about Backing the 2nd. Sad

At least I recovered my stake at Evens and 2/5.
Report LoyalHoncho April 14, 2021 12:28 PM BST
Thanks for that carrot.  Watched live, checked her stats - which didn't exist - so great to know the background.  Good luck to them all.  these grass roots grafters will still be here when all the money-orientated have chased the prize money in America and when all the Sheikhs decide to dump on the sport.
Report Wesdag April 14, 2021 1:11 PM BST
https://twitter.com/jpward1986/status/1382100241218932740

closing stages
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com