Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brigust1
13 Apr 21 15:39
| Topic/replies: 12,509 | Blogger: brigust1's blog
Can you help. I am missing the 6th horse in the 1979 2000 Gns behind Tap on Wood, and the 5th and sixth horses in the 1980 2000 Gns behind Known Fact.
Pause Switch to Standard View Historians, a question
Show More
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 4:44 PM BST
Without checking  ...

Have we not been here before - briust? ...

The old 'Disqualified 4th - or something?

I will look again.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 13, 2021 4:45 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2WOHFJqhio
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 4:47 PM BST
6th behind TAP ON WOOD - was HARDGREEN - M Stoute - Paul Cook.
Report brigust1 April 13, 2021 4:51 PM BST
We have Onlooker, well spotted. I have the information on my notepad France. This lockdown is a b u gger.
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 4:57 PM BST
As for the other race - 1980

As I said - We need the earlier Thread back - as ...

According to the Official FORM BOOK ... NO 6th place finisher - with NUREYEV being Disqualified.

SWIFT IMAGE  5th  - TYRNAVOS 7th

Whether it is a Typo - Doubtful - (due to meticulous Proof Readers in those days - unlike the UNchecked 'Journalistic' ERRORS often seen everywhere nowadays) ... or the Judge did not give a Full revised finishing order, not sure.

The FORM BOOK just says ....

NUREYEV - 'Fin 1st, Disqualified'.

It does NOT say - Placed 6th (or whatever) or - Placed Last ....

But it is Listed as last in the Form Book.
Report glentoby April 13, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Here is a long one cut short Brig without Google,the trolls can check.In Newmarket for an evening meeting and met up with Paul Cook,we had a few.

His exact words were "You can put what you like on Nervous Ride,Steve will get it in front,don't worry"

He was right,the horse was owned by Sheikh Mo,trained by HRH Henry and ridden by Steve Cauthen,9/4 if memory serves.

Only mention this because of the Paul Cook reference,most will have forgotten him.
Report brigust1 April 13, 2021 5:04 PM BST
You are a star Onlooker. I heard the race on Youtube and they gave Star Way 6th and then it sounded like Swift Image, Tyrnavos. It is very difficult to make out. I remember we have been here before and you have always been there, so thanks again.
Report brigust1 April 13, 2021 5:10 PM BST
Hardgreen was correct behind Tap on Wood and the other was Star Way, Swift Image and Tyrnavos behind Known Fact. You happy with that Onlooker?
Report brigust1 April 13, 2021 5:20 PM BST
Glen, I led Paul up at Chepstow once on a horse I did. It had run four times 13/17, 21/23, 11/13 and 21/22. When he was on board he told me, his boss had told him that my boss had telephoned his boss, you still with me? That my horse was a good thing and could they withdraw their horse for him to ride my horse. This they did. I didn't have any cash on me so I borrowed a score off our travelling head lad and had a bet at 10s. Sadly it finished 4th, ran on well beaten a couple of lengths. Nice lad Paul, though. Met him more than the once.
Report onlooker April 13, 2021 5:22 PM BST
brigust -

Looked again - The Book actually indicates ...

Star Way 4th

Swift Image 6th

Tyrnavos 7

Difficult to read absolutely - as it is the old Hot Metal typeface - and 5 and 6  can look similar - and also located in the 'Fold' of a Left-Hand page, too ... But I will go with what  I have typed, HERE.

NUREYEV - incidentally - Not Officially Placed Last - as NO finishing position allotted - just a '0' -

Whereas as the Final Finisher listed above NUREYEZ - (World Leader) is shown as '14' - and not, another '0'
Report brigust1 April 13, 2021 5:26 PM BST
I am just going through a few of my notes, racing finished for me today, and the grandkids are on their play-station's, fortnite and all that I guess. and these gaps were still there. I have no idea why I left them but I have now completed them. Thanks Onlooker.
Report glentoby April 13, 2021 5:28 PM BST
I liked Paul a lot Brig,he was pretty down to earth.Knew what I did for a living and understood what going racing and having a drink meant as R & R.

I pushed a literal envelope to him in the bar of the Bedford that evening,the look he gave me would have turned most to stone i.e he had only told me what he had heard,did not do it for money.I learned quickly to sort the wheat from the chaff in Newmarket.
Report glentoby April 13, 2021 5:31 PM BST
The name Murphy would disabuse years later and then Yarmy,probably the best judge of all would restore my faith.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com