Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
12 Apr 21 10:26
| Topic/replies: 30,754 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Editor Onlooker .
Sub Editor Harry Callahan..
Onlooker , Harry those lads from across the Irish Sea are humiliating us once again and I need you to find a  way to at least bring a sense of pride back.
Harry ,Okay Gov, I'm working on it. I just might have found something here that could be our saving grace.
Onlooker , good man Harry .
Harry, yes Gov its a note I found while reading Tolkien in a passage from middle Earth he speaks about  magic carrots it seems a guy called Mordor found them while walking in the forest and mistook them for magic mushrooms , he ate them and found he could suddenly run the mile in under 3m 30s  .
Onlooker , good grief man that's extraordinary , how many of these magic carrots did he eat .
Harry , I'm still working on it  Gov.
Onlooker , well for God sake man get a move on , you do know Aintree is just around the corner , we must have an excuse before they run amok again..
I can see the the headlines in the R.P. Irishwoman first Lady to win the National , its bad enough our Men are taking a beating at the Cricket and our horses at Cheltenham but for them to win the National with a Woman jockey now that really would be the end of us!.
Harry , don't worry Gov i'm on it.
Gov what if I came up with that magic carrot thing do you think anyone would believe it .
Onlooker we can get them to believe anything , now put your mind into it man.
Harry here it is Guv..
Magic Carrots found in Irish Trainers Bag, what do you think Gov...
Onlooker , that'll put the wind up em for sure , we can always deny it and blame it on a reporter from the News of The World.
Pause Switch to Standard View Today's Racing Times Newspaper...
Show More
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com