Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
11 Apr 21 10:50
| Topic/replies: 15,727 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
it used to be my fav weeks racing  tues to sat , loved it

oh so sharp, dancing brave, mystiko, fairy footsteps, pebbles, sonic lady, shadeed, ajdal ,  rodrigo, salsabil,
Pause Switch to Standard View the craven meeting , oh for the days...
Show More
Report elisjohn April 11, 2021 11:51 AM BST
ok rodrigo didnt win, but still won the gns Whoops
Report jonjon April 11, 2021 12:20 PM BST
Up to scratch renewal of the craven this week if they all go.

Chindit brilliant before flopping in the red hot dewhurst. I assumed that day he didn’t really handle the track but a few underperformed in it.

I reckon this is a sighter to see once and for all does he handle the track. Hannon ( my least fav trainer ) couldn’t be in better form.

I could talk myself into a bet here and then weep as the ‘didn’t handle the track ‘ statement comes out post race
Report windsor knot April 12, 2021 12:02 AM BST
elis , let me give you another cluster ; moorestyle, habibti, sharpo, marwell ....
Report elisjohn April 12, 2021 6:28 AM BST
oh windsor , makes meSad, great days , celtic swing, shadayid,
Report screaming from beneaththewaves April 12, 2021 9:59 AM BST
Steve Cauthen sending Barry Hills' Kind Of Hush, at 28/1, past the long odds-on To-Agori-Mou in 1981 ... and a still shocked Brough Scott the next day: "a kind of Hush settled over Newmarket last night ..."

Greville Starkey on an unbeatable favourite ... Sad
Report workrider April 12, 2021 1:50 PM BST
Some brilliant horses there Elisjohn, a few of my favs as well...
Report The Management April 12, 2021 1:56 PM BST
screaming from beneaththewaves12 Apr 21 08:59Joined: 30 Jan 05 | Topic/replies: 13,414 | Blogger: screaming from beneaththewaves's blog
Greville Starkey on an unbeatable favourite ...

A fine example of an oxymoron screaming - happy days.
Report DancingBraveTheBest April 12, 2021 2:22 PM BST
imho Dancing Brave the best but all brilliant.....some fantastic memories.Happy
Report sageform April 12, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Frankel went for the Greenham and then whoosh in the Guineas.
Report Storm Alert April 12, 2021 2:32 PM BST
elisjohn - it used to be my fav weeks racing  tues to sat , loved it oh so sharp, dancing brave, mystiko, fairy footsteps

I was there in 1981 when Fairy Footsteps (Cecil) won. All six favourites won that day and I had a four timer up Fairy Footsteps, Long Legend (Piggott) and Kalaglow in the last, can't remember the other one.
Report Storm Alert April 12, 2021 2:33 PM BST
40 years ago Sad
Report elisjohn April 12, 2021 6:00 PM BST
ive never been to newmarket, but even these days its the craven meeting id like to go to, but the cheveley park tues and dewhurst friday were great.  i recall warning 2000 fav running very poor in the craven beaten by doyoun,
Report Storm Alert April 12, 2021 6:22 PM BST
The Rowley Mile Course used to be terrible for viewing, head one and a very bleak with a cold wind. There always used to be caravans parked on the side of the course I assumed doubling up with the caravan club. Apparently it's much better now with the new stand being set at a better angle. I much preferred the July course as more cosy and liked the band nights. But even that used to have terrible head on viewing. I always felt it was a serious place for gamblers but without information you were doomed. I backed Kahyasi as a 2yo first time out as when I got to the track as there was a huge vibe for it. Knew nothing about it at all.
Report onlooker April 12, 2021 6:36 PM BST
BOLDBOY Won the 6f Abernant Stakes 4 times for Lady Beaverbrook - a standing dish 'free money' Happy

He had also, earlier, Won the Greenham - and the Lockinge the year after.
Report Manoleeds April 12, 2021 7:03 PM BST
Did channel 4 show each of the three days or just the last two days as ITV is showing? Always find it a hard meeting -horses that haven't run for ages taking on those who have been on the sand , horses that are making their debuts.
Report sageform April 12, 2021 8:03 PM BST
Only been to the course twice. The first time was about 54 years ago when Piggott rode a winner for Sir Noel Murless and Jim Joel, the second time was around 25 years ago for the Cezarewitch day. It took 6 hours to get back to Gloucestershire I remember, most of it on the M25. I have been to the horses in training sales a couple of times.
Report windsor knot April 12, 2021 8:40 PM BST
went to newmarket first time , think 1980,  when prince abdullah's known fact got the guineas in the stewards room . got a friend to drive me from the north west and told him it was about 2 hours drive in his hillman hunter . took about 4 hours plus and he was shattered by the time we got home  . we are no longer friends ....!
Report 1st time poster April 12, 2021 8:42 PM BST
remember the ballet dancer getting disqualified for interference a mile from home LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report windsor knot April 12, 2021 8:45 PM BST
thats right . and it got abdullah his first guineas . then a few years later he got his first arc c/o the stewards too . lucky colours alright .
Report elisjohn April 12, 2021 9:10 PM BST
c4  used to show the 3 days nell gwyn tuesday, free hcap wed and the craven on thursday, there was also commentary on radio 2 with peter bromley, the fred darling was on friday on bbc and the greenham the following day, then c4 didnt show the meeting at all for some reasons , and then itv show the wed and thurs only .
Report workrider April 13, 2021 12:54 PM BST
Windsor, we are no longer friends..Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com