Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
11 Apr 21 10:10
| Topic/replies: 30,754 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Keri Brion arrived in Ireland with 6 horses from America. She stayed for 4 months basing herself in Wexford . She sent out 11 runners and had 2 wins and 3 places . She came all the way from America and took us on . A brave lady who showed no fear unlike her British counterparts , anyone reading that must surely question why they would have a horse with a British trainer . America where jump racing is way down the racing league if they have 400 races a year I'd be surprised . Yet the Brits sit at home saying how unfair it all is, the Irish have this and that and we don't . This is a wake up call to owners with horses with British trainers . Keri asked for nor was given any quarter , she took the bull by the horns and her self belief paid dividends . As Del Boy would have said She who dares wins. A huge get your fingers out to the British trainers from the American Lady...
Pause Switch to Standard View For The Whinging Brits Here's How Its...
Show More
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 11:17 AM BST
what races did she win ?
Report workrider April 11, 2021 11:18 AM BST
A bumper and Maiden Hurdle..
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 11:34 AM BST
and now she has gone back or is she coming back
Report workrider April 11, 2021 11:35 AM BST
Cant wait for Onlooker and Harry to wake up...Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR April 11, 2021 11:40 AM BST
let the brit connections whinge i as a punter take the irish domination as a positive it gives the punter a small but usefull edge ,rule out the brit stables and concentrate on the irish runners, example  10 horse race with 4 irish ........theres your edge  wont work everytime but use the advantage ! punters, brits or irish shouldnt worry about trainers /connections etc ,one things for sure they dont give a fook about punters!
Report workrider April 11, 2021 11:41 AM BST
Gone back , says she'd love to do it again , she also had a horse placed 2nd in a listed novice hurdle....She is attached to Johnathon Sheppard's yard . Her best horse French Light is rated 126 here in Ireland but it would be a G1 rated in America...So surely the British trainers need to have a good look at themselves...
Report workrider April 11, 2021 11:42 AM BST
Totally correct Foyleswar , its not a question of which Nation wins as a punter its a question of which Trainer wins...
Report stewarts rise April 11, 2021 11:51 AM BST
I'm not interested in arguments about Irish/English trainers per se, but what I don't really like is the over representation of the O'brien family trained horses in these trial races at Leopardstown today for instance.
Can't be healthy to have so many horses trained by one family, far too much opportunity for collusion, how many of these horses will be trying their hardest today?
Report strontium April 11, 2021 11:54 AM BST
I agree with you Work and Foyles when it comes to the big festivals. But the fact that Irish trained horses dominate at the festivals spoils/lessens all the racing in Britain from November to early March. It would be nice if the British pattern races had some bearing on the end of season championships.

I hope GB-based trainers will start sending more horses to race in Ireland during the early season. There are some fantastic meetings with loads of prize money (Fairyhouse & Leopardstown in Dec, DRF in Feb). They won't, because their horses will get beaten, but greater competition throughout the season is the only way the British horses will improve in the medium-term. Running some GB horses in Irish handicaps will also give the GB handicapper more of a clue when it comes to festival time, in turn giving the GB horses a little more of a chance there. Mullins and Elliot have sent a few of their third/fourth strings to early season meetings in GB for years, so they always have a line on the "standard".
Report workrider April 11, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Strontium if a young lady can come all the way from America with a few horses and win races surely British trainers from a few miles across the Irish Sea should be able to send some of their huge battalions over...
Report strontium April 11, 2021 12:02 PM BST
Absolutely. But they put very short term interest over medium term necessity.
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 12:05 PM BST
said it before say it again,its the perceived  wisdom in racing for a 100 years ,the harder the race a horse has the more they regress,no evidence at all getting beaten up in races brings horses on,slowly,slowly catches the worm, if it wasnt the terms graded races.novices etc woulkd be meaningless ,
pundits 52/24.7 tells us about horse not recovering from eye balls out times on cloick,head to heads,altior.cyrname finishing them forever
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 12:07 PM BST
the real deal /the shunter/belfast banter have improved about 200lb between them either through foul means or not , does anyone really believe they could have produced these runs if chucked in at todays level 12/months ago
Report workrider April 11, 2021 12:48 PM BST
So are you saying this Lady from America with a 126 rated horse at best can win races in Ireland but the whinging Brits can't, is that it ? or maybe she brought magic carrots with her to enable her to win two races and a few places with NINE horses, shes blew away the excuses now its time for British trainers to do the same and stop hiding behind those excuses . British trainers are the laughing stock .
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 12:52 PM BST
did she bring all the horses with her
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 12:54 PM BST
weld,bolger,meade,martin,etc old school if you like horses get slower and slower yet the rest of irelands gets faster and faster,
enjoy it whilst it lasts like in all sportgs when people start disbelieving in what they see,the end comes quickly
Report workrider April 11, 2021 12:56 PM BST
Stewarts , I'm a little surprised at you. AOB trains for Coolmore a BREEDING establishment , unlike the Arabs who have many trainers both here and in Britain Coolmore put their trust in Aiden and his Son's . The success he's had over 30 years is simply amazing ,Stallion after Stallions has been produced , he seem to forget that Coolmore is much more than a racing stable. Having had such success why change, the Son's have seen the Father do what he does and have learned much in a very short space of time , and have produced their OWN successful results. Are you of the opinion that the Arab trainers don't converse about their runners or am I been naive ...
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 11, 2021 12:58 PM BST
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/french-light-can-provide-landmark-wi...
Report workrider April 11, 2021 1:00 PM BST
Yes Gazo she did .1st time , Bolger won the old Racing Post G1 Doncaster race and has several winners already this year, Noel has had winners at Cheltenham etc this year so how you can say they are fallen behind is beyond me...Weld won at the Breeders Cup , everyone knows Tony has had a bad time of it...
Report workrider April 11, 2021 1:03 PM BST
Thanks Andrew...
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 1:06 PM BST
we,re talking about in the grand scheme of things i could say
nicky won 2 grade ones at chelt
pumpkin had grade ones at aintree,
hobbs grade one at aintree
skelton winners
etc,etc

nothing to see jog on,but i,d rightly be called a fool
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 1:07 PM BST
99% of run of the mill races run in the UK are won by UK trainers, why would they go to Ireland to win a run of the mill race? not sure where you are coming from here workrider or is this just another racist thread of yours?
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 1:12 PM BST
the mean queen one of her winners wasnt transferred to her until late feb
Report maleuk01. April 11, 2021 1:14 PM BST
Or for the handicaps at the big festivals get a 150 horse a mark of 135.

Then get it cherry ripe for the day.

Or buy your carrots from where some of the Irish trainers get theirs.

I dont belive that Mullins/Bromhead/Elliot can train a horse to 20lb better than Henderson/Nichols etc can.

A lot of Irish point to point horses, or French horses end up in the UK as well as Ireland, so both are buying from the same pool.
Report CROPSICK April 11, 2021 1:21 PM BST
What gets me is that the three best trainers in England, Nicholls, Henderson, and Skelton can only muster between them for Englands greatest jump race of the season 4 runners, 3 of them 11years old and a 12 y.o.
Fair play to Skelton for actually getting Blacklion to run a great race,but out
of all the horses that have been through or are still in there yards, why the hell cant they get a 7/8/9 year old reasonably h'capped to compete.
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 1:25 PM BST
well you need to get one to trot up in a hennesey beat grade one horses in graded race for the priv of pulling up in the national, Devil
Report workrider April 11, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Tiger you miss the point again to busy looking for a racist comment no doubt , winning run of the mill races in the U.K. are a regular occurrence for Irish trainers ,Gordon was champion trainer in Perth , its amazing that so many Irish trainers target both Scotland and the North of England and win many races there . So according to most on here it seems Irish trainers are only winning because they have better carrots . Yet every time Chelical Nicky or Paul has a good one its a Superstar without the CARROTS...Laugh
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 1:39 PM BST
workrider, geography comes into Elliott being champion trainer at Perth. Or do you think that a Newmarket trainer would send a horse to Roscommon for a Maiden Hurdle or a Bumper when they can send them much closer to home with much more choice????

The thread you started For The Whinging Brits Here's How Its Done....why would you? Its about someone, non Brit, who won what? A maiden Hurdle and a Bumper?

No reason so start a thread like this unless you have another reason, your reasons as most know on here are quite racist against anything British.
Report Gordon63 April 11, 2021 1:39 PM BST
Afternoon All especially Workrider - i don't see that there is an Irish vs UK aspect to racing (apart from that nonsensical manufactured Prestbury Cup) particularly when so many of the top jockeys in UK are Irish and many of the main backers of Irish racing beit ownership or stud farms are UK based, rather we should cherish and be proud of the fact that in this sport, the transition of both people and horses across the Irish Sea continues to be a massive part of the success and certainly for myself and my racing crowd (4-8 of us) travelling from Scotland to Ireland is a huge part of the 'craic' and something we're all looking forward to resuming ASAP.  There are some anomalies between the 2 jurisdictions which are frustrating e.g. handicapping, regulatory bodies, funding models, testing etc etc but there is certainly more that joins us than separates us.

Yes Gordon at Perth and John McConnell, John Feane and Adrian Keatley (before his move to UK) regularly came over and won races in Scotland, and we are all the better for it - i saw the NH Chase winner at Perth and Ayr!! and would have seen The Shunter at Kelso if only we could have been there.

so as the political environment continues to evolve in Ireland and Scotland, I for one will be holding on to shared love of horseracing and horses and 'the craic'
Report Gordon63 April 11, 2021 1:40 PM BST
Afternoon All especially Workrider - i don't see that there is an Irish vs UK aspect to racing (apart from that nonsensical manufactured Prestbury Cup) particularly when so many of the top jockeys in UK are Irish and many of the main backers of Irish racing beit ownership or stud farms are UK based, rather we should cherish and be proud of the fact that in this sport, the transition of both people and horses across the Irish Sea continues to be a massive part of the success and certainly for myself and my racing crowd (4-8 of us) travelling from Scotland to Ireland is a huge part of the 'craic' and something we're all looking forward to resuming ASAP.  There are some anomalies between the 2 jurisdictions which are frustrating e.g. handicapping, regulatory bodies, funding models, testing etc etc but there is certainly more that joins us than separates us.

Yes Gordon at Perth and John McConnell, John Feane and Adrian Keatley (before his move to UK) regularly came over and won races in Scotland, and we are all the better for it - i saw the NH Chase winner at Perth and Ayr!! and would have seen The Shunter at Kelso if only we could have been there.

so as the political environment continues to evolve in Ireland and Scotland, I for one will be holding on to shared love of horseracing and horses and 'the craic'
Report Ramruma April 11, 2021 1:40 PM BST
@stewarts rise -- "Can't be healthy to have so many horses trained by one family, far too much opportunity for collusion, how many of these horses will be trying their hardest today?"

None, I expect. It would be stupid to leave the Classics behind in a maiden or trial race. The question is how many of these horses can win at 95 per cent, and which ones?
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 1:45 PM BST
workrider......... its amazing that so many Irish trainers target both Scotland and the North of England and win many races there .....

What a load of rubbish, how many Irish trainers are on the leading tables at any of, Newcastle, Sedgefield, Hexham, Kelso, Carlisle, Wetherby, Catterick etc etc??????
Report workrider April 11, 2021 1:51 PM BST
Afternoon Gordon, you summed it up correctly again!. Tiger seems to have his anti Irish hat on as usual , the fact of this piece is that English trainers don't do their owners any service and seem to think its beyond them to come and take us on , then they sit back in amazement when our race fit horses come over and beat them , yet a young American lady can travel half way round the World with a few horses and do the business , simple as...
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 1:53 PM BST
workrider, have a word with yourself.
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 1:54 PM BST
you are being a little economical with the truth about this american lady
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Workrider will never let the truth get in the way.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 1:58 PM BST
Gazo , explain please..
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 1:59 PM BST
the mean queen one of her winners was transferred to her in late feb
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Oh deary me ONE of her winners was transferred late...Laugh Several of the Irish Cheltenham winners were transferred late as well. You see this is what I mean about the British always looking at the negative , why can't you say well done young lady you came over and took on the big guns in Ireland and had winners . Gazo you a British trainer by any chance..Laugh
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 2:08 PM BST
ffs, she's had 14 runners and managed 2 winners, whats the big deal? And why did you feel the need for a thread with this title? Explain to the forum please.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Tiger I really can't answer you , you surely must be about to do your homework before heading off to school in the morning...
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 2:10 PM BST
If I went to school for one day it would be one day more than you managed.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:15 PM BST
Okay we'll leave it at that , now please push off .
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 2:18 PM BST
so she didnt bring the horses from america then
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 2:18 PM BST
Once you have answered the question.

ffs, she's had 14 runners and managed 2 winners, whats the big deal? And why did you feel the need for a thread with this title? Explain to the forum please.
Report impossible123 April 11, 2021 2:18 PM BST
There's no denying the Irish have given the British a right caning and deserved so. If any consolation the only way is "up" for the British trainers. I'd not like to put a timeline on it as that could be foolish given the hole the British trainers are in.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:27 PM BST
They came over in November Gazo . Did did she fly them in herself , the answer to that is NO. Did she feed them and wash them down after I don't know that either , maybe she even did evening stables who knows , she didn't bring the horse from America then , what kind of a question is that for God's sake ,where do you think she brought them from Essex...
Report Gordon63 April 11, 2021 2:30 PM BST
tiger tiger - workrider can speak for himself as readers of this thread and others will know only too well!! however although whinging may be a bit strong there are certainly some who are in shock, disbelief at the recent events and are searching for answers, here is a twitter thread involving myself and carl hinchy who is a longstanding and successful owner here in UK

UK trainers and Owners struggling to bank prizemoney to reinvest in the sport as almost £4m of UK prizemoney headed to Ireland with 2  Irish trainers in the top 6 and 9 out of the top 10 owners by prizemoney being mainly Irish based It’s clear we are funding the Irish domination.

·
1h
I think you're blurring 2 points - the current success of Irish jumps trainers & low UK prize money, they are not IMO related.  If BHA & racecourses actually worked together to reduce the fixture list that would be a start, however more 'joined up' thinking required

the strong relationship between p2p stables in Ireland and the buyers/trainers is and has been a major influence, UK owners need to break into that as they have done previously with the French connections

@carlhinchy
Replying to
@gordon1663
Maybe it’s more what they do with the horses once they’ve bought them?
2:08 PM · Apr 11, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Gordon Mathers
@gordon1663
·
Apr 11
Replying to
@carlhinchy
yes of course and based on recent results whatever they're doing is working!! that Irish NH trainers are dominating shouldn't be a surprise considering the global success of @Ballydoyle @MoyglareStud #JimBolger in flat racing over past 30 years
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 2:30 PM BST
the mean queen was running for another trainer in ireland in november
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:34 PM BST
Gazo , there's really no need to call the lady a mean Queen when you don't know a thing about her ,it only shows you up mate...The simple fact is she came to Ireland and trained Winners from a tiny number of runners in a distant land...
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:35 PM BST
Sorry misread your post you are not calling her a mean Queen apoloiges..
Report Tiger Tiger April 11, 2021 2:37 PM BST
Gordon63, I respect what you are saying but that's a different subject altogether.

workrider is out of order with the title of the thread and has been proved wrong with the content. Brion has only had 2 winners from 14 runners, hardly anything to shout about and hardly a 'wake up call' for anyone else.
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 2:49 PM BST
93 rated filly costing 3 grand wins group 3 at 80 to 1 to join the magic carrot cake party
Report 1st time poster April 11, 2021 2:50 PM BST
no point in spending billions when everyone,s getting access to the magic carrots
its like sky having a conveyor belt of tour de france winners hiding in the peleton till required
Report workrider April 11, 2021 2:54 PM BST
She arrived with six horses from America and had two winners and 3 places from 12 runners and another was d/q on a technicality another had every chance when falling at the last . A remarkable return by any standards , how many other trainers in Britain or Ireland with 6 horses have a record like it!
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 2:56 PM BST
isnt it also true that this young american lady was actually looking after the horses for jonathon sheppard a top american trainer and only took over when he announced his retirement in january
Report workrider April 11, 2021 3:01 PM BST
Yes I already said that , or maybe you think he was flying over each week to train them...Laugh
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 3:08 PM BST
again you implied in your opening post that it was her not the top american trainer who had brought them over
Report robo April 11, 2021 3:11 PM BST
I think people are getting to see the real workrider on this thread . These were the kind of nonsensical threads that sank the Irish forum . Complete and utter scutter is what he talks , making no sense and eventually ties himself up in knots . The chap isn’t even a half wit , I don’t know what he is to be honest . He certainly isn’t  the full shilling , it wasn’t too long ago he was telling us Ryan Moore was no good , now he’s complimenting him after every ride . All I know if you engage him , you will finish up with your head melted , he’s so stupid it ain’t funny
Report workrider April 11, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Gazo, Surely to God you are not suggesting she didn't train them , even you can't be that thick...Another Gob**** has arrived I see , Uncle Robo will be pleased to lick up to you Gazo, in fact he'd do anything to be liked that's how the poor man ended up in a mental hospital . Before this thread desends  into another of the Mad Mullingar traveller 's insane ramblings I'm off for the day...
Report GAZO April 11, 2021 3:33 PM BST
Laughpriest time is it
Report slickster April 11, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Hope you're not sneaking into Leopardstown for the last few wonky. Don't go breaking the covid rules AGAIN.
Report stewarts rise April 11, 2021 4:01 PM BST
Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you workrider, Internet connection went down.
I look at racing from a betting perspective, I'm not really very interested in extremly wealthy people breeding horses to make even more money for them, and I'm definitly not interested in the Arabs breeding operations.
My point was solely to do with the amount of runners trained by one family in a race from a betting perspective. To my mind unless you have 1st hand knowledge you can't even think of having a bet.
Report slickster April 11, 2021 4:06 PM BST
A pathetic thread title by the wonk designed only to cause trouble. Hehas no problem travelling to the UK few times a year at 2 grand a pop of the states money. Somewhat hypocritical methinks.
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 11, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Agree with Gordon, think its the Irish making a big deal of this, proud people and like to back their own fair enough.

Dont know of anyone personally that is bothered whether a horse is IRE/BRIT/FRENCH/MONGOLIAN if your cash is down.

Like for example would I feel any connection to a posh toff that trains over the sticks in Devon or somewhere? Probs not no.
Report robo April 11, 2021 4:23 PM BST
Ordinary Irish people make no deal of this , this wannker is not representative of Irish people . This is a grade A fool , an embarrassment to all upstanding Irish people . He’s a complete and utter moron who hasn’t the brain of a rocking horse .
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 11, 2021 4:33 PM BST
Robo your tongue is very sharp.
Report robo April 11, 2021 4:40 PM BST
I have no choice when I’m dealing with this ape
Report onlooker April 11, 2021 4:47 PM BST
workrider 11 Apr 21 13:35 

Sorry misread your post you are not calling her a mean Queen apoloiges..
-------------

That busy excitedly 'giving it plenty' - workrider did not realise that his heroine inherited an Irish  horse called - The Mean Queen. Happy
Report acey deucy April 11, 2021 4:47 PM BST
Robo you have bad mouthed more Jockeys than i have had hot dinners or am i getting you mixed up with somebody else.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 4:49 PM BST
Uncle Robos boyfriend popped in to give his beloved a little help while I was out I see , anyway as you can see this poor man needs all the help he can get . On another thread he says the Paddies , now coming from Robo who's not exactly British bred more Roma like if you get my meaning, that's a fantastic statement . As I already said he has no shame when his need to be liked comes to call.
Report workrider April 11, 2021 4:52 PM BST
Onlooker I did offer an apology .
Report workrider April 11, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Acey stay away for your own good mate, Robo will hunt you down and chase you all over the forum till he nails you for something ,the guy is a mental looney hence his long absence from the forum , locked away for his own safety , heard to shout as they put the straight jacket on , its all Workriders fault i tell ya...Laugh
Report Cantthinkofaclevername April 11, 2021 5:39 PM BST
Workrider - we came over and took on Samcro and Sharjah and gave them a bloody nose! You have to have the right horse of course but it can be done. Only downside is you have to wait a long time to get your money and the deductions from the prize money are manifold and difficult to understand.
Report onlooker April 11, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Well done - Risk Taker Happy
Report Cantthinkofaclevername April 11, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Thanks Onlooker. That day at Down Royal was fantastic, one of he best days of my life.
Report robo April 11, 2021 5:58 PM BST
It’s hard to believe that people are engaging this total cretin . He knows as much about racing as a cat does about his father .
Report impossible123 April 11, 2021 7:52 PM BST
'robo', be civil. This is a forum for exchanging views and info.
Report robo April 11, 2021 9:01 PM BST
I am exchanging my view , I am giving some background on this animal .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com