Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scrabbler
11 Apr 21 08:47
| Topic/replies: 385 | Blogger: scrabbler's blog
Anyone else fall foul of this offer? I had a few quid e.w. on Discorama (finished 7th). The bet was placed within the qualifying period on Friday morning. Following a lengthy online chat this morning, I was told my bet didn't qualify as I hadn't entered in the appropriate market. As far as I am concerned, any bet placed within the qualifying period should automatically be at 8 places rather than the standard 6 places. Indeed, why would anyone bet at 6 places when the same odds could be had with 8 places ?

Perhaps Betfred is hoping to recoup the £1.7 million by ripping off its customers ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfred 8 places Grand National
Show More
Report Storm Alert April 11, 2021 9:56 AM BST
What was the reason for a second market, was it reduced prices?
Report scrabbler April 11, 2021 10:39 AM BST
I don't think so - though I may be mistaken. I understood it was an offer available for just 24 hours.
Report Storm Alert April 11, 2021 12:30 PM BST
I had a dispute with them years ago where they weren't honouring a bonus offer. I complained that they proudly called themselves the bonus King and then were trying to welsh. tbf eventually they paid up. You could try and tell them you are not happy with the decision as the site layout etc confused you and see what they have to say.
Report Magic__Daps April 11, 2021 12:38 PM BST
Baldy trying it on - imagine my horror. If you do all the social media stuff then get it on there.

The bloke is vermin and if he thinks he can get away not paying then he will, and at every single opportunity. He must have a team of people whose job is just to try and scam the betting public.
Report stewarts rise April 11, 2021 12:46 PM BST
Were the odds the same scrabbler, possibly they were for the 24hr period, in which case it just looks like a promo offer to get new people to register with them
I noticed with 356 you could bet ew down to 10 places but each extra place over the standard 5 places was at much reduced odds.
Report the dealer April 11, 2021 12:48 PM BST
The extra places at reduced prices seems to be the new fad with them all.
Report scrabbler April 11, 2021 12:51 PM BST
storm alert: I might take up your idea. I've nothing to lose by it.
Report Callisto-moon April 11, 2021 1:16 PM BST
what dis the bet recipt say?
Report scrabbler April 11, 2021 2:11 PM BST
The bet record does not show place terms at all - neither 6 nor 8 places.
Report Manoleeds April 11, 2021 2:17 PM BST
It could be that the 8 place market was based on lower win odds but if that is the case they should come out and say that.
Just be clear it might be that (say) Bristol de mai was 33/1 on the 6 place market but 28/1 on the 8 place market.
Report Fashion Fever April 11, 2021 2:18 PM BST
fred and his lickers on his twitter show spouting we are 8 places thurs and Friday many times not once did they mention have to go to a special market were the odds are awful

the sidekick was even suggesting a ew double with the masters were he claimed they were 8 places to
Report Storm Alert April 11, 2021 6:27 PM BST
Spurs shockingly bad in the 2nd half. They couldn't be arsed.
Report carrot1960 April 11, 2021 8:38 PM BST
Betfred do have a point , i tried to place a bet after i  logged on only to see it was for 6 places only so i went on my e mails to check  the offer clicked on that page and was sent to a page offering the 8 places .
Report Ramruma April 11, 2021 11:03 PM BST
Betfred's "8 places" advert in Friday's Racing Post did not mention a special market. Obviously you could not click through the print advert.
Report Magic__Daps April 12, 2021 9:36 AM BST
^^^ It's as if they have done that on purpose...

No doubt the RP and Racing media will be all over this, and report accordingly.
Report Ramruma April 12, 2021 9:55 AM BST
All over what? So far it is a ****-up not a scandal. One punter's been short-changed for what, a couple of hundred if that. My guess is things will be sorted out today because most of the time that is what happens. OP should ask for it to be passed up Betfred's management chain, and failing that go to IBAS.
Report Magic__Daps April 12, 2021 10:10 AM BST
I'd be amazed if there has only been one person affected by this, must be about a million. The customer service agent has said the bet should have been in a different market, therefore the agent has either already told others the same answer, or has been told by someone else within Betfred to advise that customer that it was a different market (they haven't just made up the answer on the spot). Maybe with the numerous times of Betfreds behaviour in the past, I am just cynical when it comes to a firm that does what it can to void bets when they think they can simply get away with it.

The bloke (Paul) who used to help punters on here with betting disputes said Betfred were by far the worst out of all of them, it isn't a coincidence that they seem to void more bets than other firms is it (after the result)? Remember the Accrington v Bury game - disgusting behaviour from a betting firm, who had one aim in mind, if they win we void it, and if they lose we settle it as a loser. Vile bloke, vile firm.
Report Pilsudski April 12, 2021 6:38 PM BST
IBAS.......lol !
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 12, 2021 9:37 PM BST
Ibas as in Inept Betting Adjudacation Shysters
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com