Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Poppydog.
08 Apr 21 13:09
| Topic/replies: 18,885 | Blogger: Poppydog.'s blog
ITV not going to be happy with the negativity
Pause Switch to Standard View AP McCoy In A Bit Of A Mood Today
Show More
Report Platini April 8, 2021 2:12 PM BST
Ruby not impressed Laugh

AP spot on with the over the top comparison with Red Rum, tho.
Report workrider April 8, 2021 2:14 PM BST
McCoy becoming a worse Mr Grumpy by the day...
Report ekbalko April 8, 2021 2:16 PM BST
Richard Johnson ready to take his place?
Report acey deucy April 8, 2021 2:17 PM BST
A.P talking the biggest load of sh1te i have ever heard.....He is glad Tiger Roll does not run in The National?????.....I mean did he really just say that.Shocked
Report acey deucy April 8, 2021 2:18 PM BST
Honestly i am shocked by A.P there.
Report Racingqueen April 8, 2021 2:27 PM BST
AP always was an absolute cretin.
Report geoff m April 8, 2021 2:28 PM BST
AP:

Great Jockey

Appalling pundit.
Report Tiger Tiger April 8, 2021 2:28 PM BST
Top man is AP.
Report geoff m April 8, 2021 2:30 PM BST
Ruby;

Great Jockey

totally different class as a pundit to McCoy
Report Storm Alert April 8, 2021 2:30 PM BST
AP = Awful Punter
Report Storm Alert April 8, 2021 2:31 PM BST
AP = Awful Pundit
Report acey deucy April 8, 2021 2:33 PM BST
I dont think he is that bad a pundit tbh.....But to be glad Tiger Roll does not run in The National that is insane.
Report 1st time poster April 8, 2021 2:37 PM BST
he might look a bit stupid in an hrs time if tiger batter,s through the top of a few of these black park fences, not as bad as they used to be but still some of the stiffest in country
Report snowynoon April 8, 2021 2:41 PM BST
we slag them off for never saying anything contraversial ....then when they do ,they get criticised .
Report snowynoon April 8, 2021 2:41 PM BST
we slag them off for never saying anything contraversial ....then when they do ,they get criticised .
Report GAZO April 8, 2021 2:41 PM BST
he basically didnt want tiger roll compared to red rum
Report Autocue April 8, 2021 2:42 PM BST
AP answered the question truthfully. Rather that than the usual bullish!t hype from Ed and the airhead.
Report Poppydog. April 8, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Plot Twist: ITV are tired of the 'blandness' criticisms and have urged AP to adopt the 'Roy Keane-contrarian' role,
to create headlines and social media furore.

(Semi-joking, but noticed 4 others on the ITV team have made (comical) reference to his outbursts in the 40mins since he made them)
Report Whippin Piccadilly April 8, 2021 3:37 PM BST
It does look like that way, Poppy. He just said Rachael "fell" off her horse in the Aintree Hurdle.
Report GAZO April 8, 2021 3:39 PM BST
which is what she did
Report HappyHibby April 8, 2021 3:39 PM BST
awful from Blackmore there...

no doubt all the expert pundits will say she is blameless tho.
Report cloone river April 8, 2021 3:40 PM BST
He fell off a few himself and was one of the best for getting one handicapped.
Report Whippin Piccadilly April 8, 2021 3:43 PM BST
Didn't look like she "fell" off to me.
Report Whippin Piccadilly April 8, 2021 3:44 PM BST
UR

Runner Jacket
1. Denman  (IRE) 1/6F
A P McCoy
Paul Nicholls
10    116    182    –    –    –   
Disputed lead until definite lead from 11th, 1 length ahead when blundered and headed 4 out, 3 lengths down and under strong pressure when blundered and unseated rider 3 out (op 1-8)

"Fell" off IMO
Report workrider April 8, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Anyone who has ever sat on a horse knows that terrible feeling when they just duck, its out the side door and no comeback...
Report HappyHibby April 8, 2021 3:48 PM BST
it was hardly a 'duck' ffs...

it shifted very slightly right handed...

i wouldn't expect an amateur to fall off there.
Report Autocue April 8, 2021 3:49 PM BST
The overhead showed Rachel fell off so that comment was also true. A rider with more leg strength would have sat tight.
Report olddesperado April 8, 2021 3:50 PM BST
Especially when it's a piebald with no saddle and you're using it's mane as a reigns workrider.

Or so I'm told  , Happy
Report acey deucy April 8, 2021 3:57 PM BST
Softest unseat i have ever seen ffs.....Was going to back her in The National....No chance after seeing that.Laugh
Report ribero1 April 8, 2021 3:57 PM BST
She fell off a couple at Cheltenham too,if that had been Cobden or STD etc they would have been slaughtered on here.
Report HappyHibby April 8, 2021 3:58 PM BST
you can't sl@g off 'Our Darling Rachel' ffs...
Report onlooker April 8, 2021 3:59 PM BST
STREWTH - A P is in a miserable mood, today.

Never, ever, meant to be involved in Broadcasting
Report workrider April 8, 2021 4:18 PM BST
I find myself in total agreement there Onlooker..
Report workrider April 8, 2021 4:19 PM BST
Olddesperado, you'll have to ask Robo to confirm that...Laugh
Report impossible123 April 8, 2021 4:22 PM BST
He's doing it for the money. He's too conceited and little time for non-racing people. His promotion of fobt and bookies were testament to it.

I hope ITV Racing will replace him with someone who actually wants to be there informing and educating the viewers.
Report Racingqueen April 8, 2021 5:06 PM BST
lets hope that other bucket of happiness Ruby gets turfed out at the same time.

I'd genuinely rather listen to Derek Thompson than either of the other 2
Report doorman99 April 8, 2021 5:14 PM BST
Racingqueen. Ruby is the best pundit ever. tells it exactly as it is. Superb. McCoy a horrible talker always.
Report cloone river April 8, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Ruby is the best of the lot.
Report A_T April 8, 2021 5:24 PM BST
I remember when he used to be called Tony McCoy
Report differentdrum April 8, 2021 5:31 PM BST
Grump beats cheerleader any day of the week. He was correct about the Grand National fences. It's a totally different race these days. The fences are now not that much more of a challenge than park fences. It is pace and field size that are now the biggest challenges. In the old days when they said that they were approaching Bechers you knew danger was ahead. Now you don't.
Report Shrewd_dude April 8, 2021 5:35 PM BST
He's always been a bit of a grumpy bugger but sometimes better than being a sycophant throwing out the cliched "what a great story that would be".
Report Facts April 8, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Bechers, The Chair ,Canal Turn etc are not as formidable as they were. But they still present a clear and present danger to both horse and rider.
Report CROPSICK April 8, 2021 6:51 PM BST
So true Differntdrum, you always had your heart in your mouth when they approached Bechers and all the other fences. 10mins of pure adrenalin if your horse was in with a shout.
Report 1st time poster April 8, 2021 7:03 PM BST
there actually making it easier for horses and harder for jocks,horses arnt falling no matter how hard they hit them but at 1st viewing without looking in detail maxwell,rees,mullins all nearly fell off but horses stayed on their feet
Report windsor knot April 8, 2021 7:58 PM BST
only met mccoy a couple of times, ages ago  , briefly . but i suspeced then he was not exactly mr happy go lucky . not made for the spotlight of tv ...to me though , ruby been a revelation. when riding he hardly spoke on racing uk interviews . you can't shut him up now and he is rarely not interesting in what he says .
Report punchestown April 8, 2021 10:23 PM BST
The difference between Walsh and the likes of McCoy,Fitzgerald,Harvey and the rest is that Walsh has to cojones to say something unpopular and sometimes critical of one of his ex colleagues-that's it in a nutshell.
Report differentdrum April 8, 2021 10:36 PM BST
Did AP actually criticise Blackmore? If he did then it sounds like he did some sterling work today. More of the same tomorrow AP. Perhaps if he starts by ripping Skelton to pieces for his rubbish ride in the bumper.

I can't have all this hero worship of Walsh, a man who always gave the impression he hated punters. I doubt that view has changed.
Report workrider April 9, 2021 10:47 AM BST
Differentdrum, I met Ruby after he retired , he was having a smoke beside me in the stands at Punchestown, I told him he was a brilliant jockey and the best I'd ever seen and I've seen plenty in over 40 yrs going racing . I said to him I found it really hard to get you right when you were riding , he smiled and said , so what you are really saying is I was a bollox to you , we both laughed and shook hands . You must remember he came from a racing family were a tight lip is a must. As a pundit yes years ahead, his race reading skills before the start, he'll tell you how he thinks certain jockeys will ride the race and he's nearly always right. You can't ask for much more..
Report slickster April 9, 2021 1:06 PM BST
You should have asked him how many odds on shots he "fell" off wonks.
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND April 9, 2021 1:39 PM BST
AP & Walsh not good for TV. Walsh has the look of a snidey pr1ck, if a pundit made comments about him, he took it like a baby.
AP is no different now, than he was a jockey, no idea why he is a Racing Pundit.
Report A_T April 9, 2021 1:55 PM BST
no idea why he is a Racing Pundit

it's the AP McCoy Brand - racing spent years cultivating it
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com