Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
06 Apr 21 10:48
| Topic/replies: 21,959 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
or with the shops /online?
Pause Switch to Standard View is it easier /harder to show a profit...
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 12:00 PM BST
obviously in runinn and laying not applicable,i am talking backing, better prices on here but the online and shops concessions are attractive. and no commish and you havent got those fookin bots nicking ticks off ya!
Report punts April 6, 2021 12:08 PM BST
Can you still get treble odds one winner in Fred's shops (Lucky 15)? If so it might be worth going
Report Gaze733 April 6, 2021 12:13 PM BST
Early odds on the bookies are super soft, bookies are utter mugs.
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 12:19 PM BST
when the shops open i will be using a few near me, but online bog is very usefull,fred i think may have stopped doing the treble odds 1 winner ,others on here will know
Report longbridge April 6, 2021 2:17 PM BST
@punts there was a sticker in the window of the local Freds offering those bonuses when I passed at the weekend.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 6, 2021 2:26 PM BST
punts 06 Apr 21 11:08 
Can you still get treble odds one winner in Fred's shops (Lucky 15)? If so it might be worth going

precisely why the bloke and his brother are billionaires.
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 2:31 PM BST
how many make a profit betting on the horses? on here and online /shops?
Report Blencathra April 6, 2021 2:40 PM BST
Fred only X2 x4 x5
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy April 6, 2021 2:40 PM BST
all do foyles..until you ask for something to substantiate..

in reality..mebbe 1%.
Report Blencathra April 6, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Happy hr 12-1 now
Report Blencathra April 6, 2021 2:43 PM BST
Boosts only available on singles
When you could have prices in multiples

Fastening his pockets up
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 2:43 PM BST
i think some do  very small percentage 3/5% i would say ,i dont bet on here but use online or shops ,maybe occasionaly lay some off here very rarely
Report Richie_Burnett April 6, 2021 2:50 PM BST

Apr 6, 2021 -- 8:40AM, Blencathra wrote:

Fred only X2 x4 x5

Scared

It was 4x a few years agoCry

Report werbie April 6, 2021 3:21 PM BST
Used to be much better prices on here but not much meat on the bones these days. Slim pickings Sad
Report Blencathra April 6, 2021 3:53 PM BST
Yeah Ritchie , he wants everyone doing 31's & 63's
Report alfee April 6, 2021 6:07 PM BST
BOTS NEED TO GO, GARDEN WILL GROW, BOTS DONT GO, YOU WILL GO !!!
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 6, 2021 6:16 PM BST
Good fred, I think if you are perfectly disciplined then here is a miles better deal and less of a lag around
Report Deplasterer April 6, 2021 6:25 PM BST
Single bets, always betfair @2%,multis impossible on horses??
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 6:32 PM BST
my type of betting ante post mainly does not suit here as i back mainly big prices each way a fair way out i.e 4- 6-8  months ahead is the norm ,i also use the online books and shops when open i can get on normally in dribs and drabs and happy with that so for me shops and online suits .
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 6:35 PM BST
i also bet daily to smaller stakes mainly outta boredom as it can be a long wait till one of my ante post bets runs ,do reasonably well showing a modest  profit over the last year so far .
Report alfee April 6, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Billy Refused Me £300 on Masters Outright Saturday, would Allow Me £5GrinGrinGrin, But Always Happy To Take My £1 Super HEINZ Bets @ The Festival @ Royal Ascot.  Restricted Online With All Usual C*** TS.
Report FOYLESWAR April 6, 2021 6:55 PM BST
makes you wonder how they make money with no fobt action
Report skiptoomaloumacari April 6, 2021 7:38 PM BST
i win with bookies ALWAYS lose on here .......easier to bet in a disciplined manner with bookmakers, only betting when you can see the odds are in your favour ...to easy to fritter money away on here.........
Report freddiewilliams April 6, 2021 7:40 PM BST
If u can't win on ere.....uve no chance with bookie chappies
Report muse April 6, 2021 7:51 PM BST
Much easier on here imo. As Deplaster says, singles onpy 2% commission.

I almost entirely bet big prices win only, so the fixed odds books offer virtually nothing.

I do sometimes take advantage of extra place offers each way.
Report Gaze733 April 6, 2021 8:21 PM BST
Bookies open hat trick seekers at 4/1 which steam to 6/4 and win. That's why it's easier to win with bookies. Also, you have BOG. I don't use bookies though.
Report Hayden April 6, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Bookmakers are forced to offer an angle that's unavailable on the exchange in place over broke opportunities.

You need both the exchange and bookmakers to become multi dimensional , a necessity not to miss the opportunity to compound place over broke situations when the racecards offer the chance , it's one of the very few opportunities to have odds on your side and create the edge we all need.
Report onlooker April 6, 2021 8:40 PM BST
Hayden - You should have been Punting Years ago, then - When ...

1/4 Odds  ALL races - 8 Runners and above - including 2-y-old races, and Novice Hurdles,  with an Odds On FAV

1/3 Odds - 2 Places - 5 Runners.

Much more difficult nowadays, surely - and you have to be able to 'Get On' with the Bookies, too.
Report Hayden April 6, 2021 8:51 PM BST
I was punting many years ago onlooker in the bad old days when bookmakers offered 1/8th odds a place when the fav was odds on.

It seems easy nowadays for punters to moan continually about not getting on , time better spent setting up a trusted syndicate of a handful of colleagues in various parts of the UK.

Worked for over 10 years with the same mob and still going strong.

Punters should put more effort into looking for solutions instead of continually voicing the same problems.
Report onlooker April 6, 2021 8:59 PM BST
yes - Hayden - They adjusted the Place Terms - 'to cover the Betting Tax'   - Then ....

Started Deducting the Tax, too. Happy  Sad
Report shoodacoodadidnt April 6, 2021 9:38 PM BST
This is how hard I think it is - I laid a horse not to be placed today at 10/1 - 11 year old hadn't run for 500+ days - history suggested it would jump left-handed at right-handed Exeter. It did just that, jumped left all the way round, came from last to first to win easily at 50/1 (God knows what BF price) ..... Ironically called Itsaboutime - Itsabouttime I gave up. Ridden by my champion hurdle jockey Jamie Moore (yes I also backed Goshen in the Champion hurdle - I'm very knowledgeable :D). All of that tells you how easy this game is. Good luck to all. ;)
Report screaming from beneaththewaves April 6, 2021 10:41 PM BST
The Betfair SP was only 59.

It was Helen Nelmes' first winner since the same horse won in April 2019.

Her horses do sometimes run well at big prices after a break. Menapian was placed at 80/1 behind none other than Breffniboy at D&E in November after 7 months off. And Kalmbeforethstorm won at Newton back in 2019 at 14/1, also after 7 months off.

The yard is just a couple of miles down the road from where Keiran Burke trains at Whitcombe, though I don't know whether that has anything to do with it. Whatever, I think it's a yard that knows what it's doing.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves April 6, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Sorry. It was 2018 when Kalmbeforethestorm won at Newton. Also April!
Report Gaze733 April 6, 2021 10:49 PM BST
shoodacoodadidnt

surprise surprise, first-time headgear wins again. I keep saying first-timers never lose. Calisto-moon could talk about laying BSP 312 with first-time cheekpieces after 25 runs.
Report RothmanMike April 7, 2021 8:38 AM BST
As Roida has always said, and indeed he is correct.
To win on here, you have to have an edge.
His , was seeing a race 5 secs before most others Plain.
Report General Midwinter April 7, 2021 9:19 AM BST
The original question is a bit flawed imo. Why would you limit yourself to either / or the bookies / BF? Makes zero sense.

As someone pointed out the bookies occasionally make some mistakes early, but nearer the off and away from the favourites you'll likely get better prices here. The search for value is still the tricky bit.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com