Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
robo
31 Mar 21 14:07
| Topic/replies: 1,562 | Blogger: robo's blog
Dreadful ride
Pause Switch to Standard View Charlie Deutsch acting the maggot on...
Show More
Report HGS March 31, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Yet another reason why some horses won't go to certain stables. Just awful.

The Frank Spencer of jump racing. Got away with one last week. Not today.
Report Tallywagger. March 31, 2021 3:09 PM BST
Dreadful yes. There was no "ride"
Report EVILROYSLADE March 31, 2021 3:11 PM BST
VW must have a serious word in the rat's ear.
Report robo March 31, 2021 3:15 PM BST
He did something similar on commis doffice in southwell the other day . Should have bolted in and got it up near the line . Wasn’t so lucky today the little rodent
Report HGS March 31, 2021 3:16 PM BST
That's the one I was referring to. Horse got him out of trouble that day. Not today.
Report posy March 31, 2021 3:21 PM BST
Don't think it was a crooked ride he was just either over confident or 'asleep at the wheel'
Report robo March 31, 2021 3:28 PM BST
I don’t think it was crooked either , far from it . I think the jockey is a little scrote who tries to play jockeys , with complete disregard for people who have actually backed his horse . If it comes off he thinks he’s a very clever little fella . If I owned that horse I’d drag him off it and kick him up and down the racecourse. There’s simply no need for that kind of pricking around on horses , he’s employed to go and win the race , not trying to be smart
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy March 31, 2021 3:33 PM BST
Don't think it was a crooked ride he was just over confident .
Report onlooker March 31, 2021 4:10 PM BST
'prominent, nudged along gently 5 lengths off winner before 3 out, not fluent and landed awkwardly 2 out, ridden and closed flat, too much to do'
--------------

However ...

When it Won - last time ... on HEAVY Ground

Winning time: 5m 51.94s (slow by 1m 7.94s)

Today's Time ... on on GOOD Going ...

(slow by 18.90s)
----------------

Not making excuses for the ride - possibly did think he was on a motorbike - But ...

I could not have backed it at Odds ON - with your Money... precisely because of the Immense Going Difference - and -

- as - nearly All Venetia's horses usually love the Mud.
Report robo March 31, 2021 5:04 PM BST
It matters not whether you couldn’t have backed it or not , nor does it matter whether Venetias horses usually like soft ground . That is of no significance whatsoever here , what matters is that got an injudicious ride and the jockey acting the bolllix, threw away the race unnecessarily.
Whether anyone fancied it or not is totally immaterial
Report shoodacoodadidnt March 31, 2021 6:42 PM BST
bad ride period - if your horse can win in a slog and is fancied strongly on better ground, you have to make use of it, not ride it for a turn of foot and let someone else steal it - it's not hard or complicated ..... I'd say there was a chance it was crooked, but you'll never know ..... most horse folk know how to get their charge done with the wrong tactics
Report Deptford March 31, 2021 6:53 PM BST
That was a truly shocking ride
Report Kriskin March 31, 2021 7:05 PM BST
No defence for the jockey here.  I'm still trying to work out what he was up to.
Report punchestown March 31, 2021 7:19 PM BST
I'm sure even the most understanding/sympathetic of people would take issue with the horse out of its ground and the jockey sitting motionless.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com