Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
30 Mar 21 11:33
| Topic/replies: 29,888 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
Claimed to be of Muslim faith and said he would refuse the vaccine. Ferrari asked him if he would take the NHS treatment available if he caught covid. 'Of course I would' he replied. Ferrari wasn't best pleased and let him know his feelings on the matter.

Next caller on said that those who refused the vaccine should not be treated for covid . I agreed with him. What's your take on the matter?

(sensible replies welcome)
Pause Switch to Standard View Did anybody here the bloke on the...
Show More
Report Facts March 30, 2021 12:39 PM BST
Do you believe people who smoke shouldn' receive treatment if they get lung cancer ?
Or people who drink alcohol shouldn't be treated if they get cirrhosis of the liver ?
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 12:42 PM BST
Do covid catching muslims pay as much tax in UK as smokers and drinkers Facts?
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 March 30, 2021 12:43 PM BST
Donald where's ya troosers?
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 12:45 PM BST
Btw stew I would also agree,not simply for not having the vaccine but the threat they pose in spreading it.Nobody would agree with somebody indiscriminately firing a gun into a crowd,would they?
Report big aitch March 30, 2021 12:54 PM BST
If the crowd consisted of traitors and murderers who went to fight with isis then wanted to be repatriated after standing on the naughty step for a couple of years I would pass them a machine gun
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 12:56 PM BST
Were Isiris that bad aitch?Wink
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 1:02 PM BST
Teething problems posting here however....

Or people who drink alcohol shouldn't be treated if they get cirrhosis of the liver ?

Presuming it's caused by alcohol then yes it should be treated by a transplant if necessary. However if they continue to drink alcohol after the transplant then no, they shouldn't be treated...again.  (imo)
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 1:07 PM BST
George Best a prime example stew.
Report steerforth March 30, 2021 1:09 PM BST
It should be perfectly possible to make this (probably valid) point without referring to his religion. His reasons for refusal are irrelevant. Others have alternative (equally flawed) reasons for refusing and the argument doesn't change, whatever your views on the refusal of treatment. If I want to make a point about the irrationality of faith I'm confident I could hold my own, but that's a separate debate.
Report 1st time poster March 30, 2021 1:12 PM BST
he might have known or unbeknown have had covid and have more antibodies than someone who thinks they have antibodies through the vacc but might not have any or benefits of vacc might have worn off without you knowing
thats before we get on to pregnant women,kids and anyone not taking vacc because of excisting conditions
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 1:25 PM BST
glentoby
Date Joined: 12 Mar 06
Add contact | Send message
30 Mar 21 12:07Joined: 12 Mar 06 | Topic/replies: 16,683 | Blogger: glentoby's blog
George Best a prime example stew.

I was going to mention that glen but I would have then had to mention a hero of mine....The late, great, Jim Baxter. 20 years ago on the 14th of April it will be 20 years of his passing. It's stuck in my mind because that was the same day I met miss stew.
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 1:28 PM BST
One of my dads close mates in the 50s and 60s stew,my dad had a petrol station in Cowdenbeath and Jim used to fill up there.Very sad how he ended up as far from slim and running a pub in the same town,of all the things he could have done,he chose,more or less suicide.
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Btw a bit off topic but he gave me a collection of coins depicting football players that were given at some petrol stations,Esso I think,around 1965 ish if memory serves?
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 1:54 PM BST
I actually drank with the man when he had his pub near Ibrox. I don't do autographs but I had to get his. He told me a few stories that would be hard to believe now but when he went to Sunderland,(he wasn't taken in by the famous marble staircase at Ibrox) and it happened a lot that him and some of his teammates drank themselves under the table on the Friday night.

You would have thought they would have waited until Saturday night but nut Jim. Sunderland sacked a few but kept Baxter on because he had the ability to perform, even if he was  the worse for wear.
Report ronnie rails March 30, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Glentoby

you are correct about the coins it was indeed esso the catchphrase was TIGER IN MY TANK.

hope you are well
have a good day
regards
Ronnie.
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 2:02 PM BST
He got arrested for drink driving stew,the arresting officer was a guy called Mat Manzie (think spelled right) who ironically had been posted from Anstruther to Cowdenbeath  because of the exact same thing.Mat called my father who went and picked him up and brought him to our house.No charge was ever laid and the following day I went with my dad to take him to his car,a MK10 Jag,dark green if memory serves.
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Likewise yourself Ronnie,are you doing any better yourself?

Many thanks for confirming my long term memory still functions btw!!
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 30, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Is that the Lezzers and Bi Sexual Community Radio you listen to Stewy ?
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 2:06 PM BST
You would have thought they would have waited until Saturday night but nut Jim.

Speak about Freudian slips!
Report jamesdean March 30, 2021 2:06 PM BST

Mar 30, 2021 -- 7:09AM, steerforth wrote:

It should be perfectly possible to make this (probably valid) point without referring to his religion. His reasons for refusal are irrelevant. Others have alternative (equally flawed) reasons for refusing and the argument doesn't change, whatever your views on the refusal of treatment. If I want to make a point about the irrationality of faith I'm confident I could hold my own, but that's a separate debate.

Brilliant post, steelforth. These news channels and radio phone ins etc know exactly what they are doing and it's stirring hate
to get viewrs/listeners in. They pretend to care but dont give a fk really, all about the money

They need a divide and hate to keep them in a job

Report ronnie rails March 30, 2021 2:06 PM BST
Glentoby

getting there thank you.

Ronnie.
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 2:09 PM BST
Glad to hear it Ronnie,never forget what I told you,give a shout if you ever need any help.
Report ronnie rails March 30, 2021 2:11 PM BST
Glentoby

thank you for your very kind words.

Ronnie.
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 2:22 PM BST
GLASGOWCALLING30 Mar 21 13:06Joined: 11 Jan 11 | Topic/replies: 21,707 | Blogger: GLASGOWCALLING's blog
Is that the Lezzers and Bi Sexual Community Radio you listen to Stewy ?

Oh aye GLASGOW. It's steve in a nutshell.
Report spyker March 30, 2021 2:26 PM BST
Presuming it's caused by alcohol then yes it should be treated by a transplant if necessary. However if they continue to drink alcohol after the transplant then no, they shouldn't be treated...again.  (imo)

Speaking s somebody who got alcoholic cirrhosis at 28, you've got that the wrong way round. You basically have to show that you haven't drunk for a while and that you probably won't again,.I shared docs with Best (he paid for it I didn't and I was 6 months ahead) and he may be a hero to you but he stole the liver from somebody who deserved it more and then pissed on 2 people's graves by drinking again pretty much instantly. He continued to receive treatment (from the nhs) way after most would have had it stopped as it was obvious he was drinking heavily (rumours that he drank in his hospital bed)
There should have been many more questions asked about Best's transplant as it seemed to those in the know that not only did  he get a liver when he shouldn't have but that he was treated way above what 'normal' people would get. The fact he was such a 'hero' (for fecking kicking a ball around and pissing his career up the wall?) meant they weren't asked and not one member of the best entourage has tried to put things right.There was someosrt of whitewash afterwards saying all was fine but it most certainly wasn't.
It's funny that you only seem angry that this bloke was a muslim and I presume you would be as angry (and think they should be treated the same)if they were a white 60yo brexit supporting anti vexer?
Report glentoby March 30, 2021 2:33 PM BST
I don't think anyone has advocated your assertions spyker,you sound extremely angry yourself and nobody is going to blame you for that.Alcoholism does affect others we know,usually those immediately around you,sometimes inadvertently others.

That said,no one is going to die because you walk freely without a care for others?
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 2:42 PM BST
spyker30 Mar 21 13:26Joined: 09 Oct 07 | Topic/replies: 7,679 | Blogger: spyker's blog

Speaking s somebody who got alcoholic cirrhosis at 28, you've got that the wrong way round. You basically have to show that you haven't drunk for a while and that you probably won't again,.I shared docs with Best (he paid for it I didn't and I was 6 months ahead) and he may be a hero to you but he stole the liver from somebody who deserved it more and then pissed on 2 people's graves by drinking again pretty much instantly. He continued to receive treatment (from the nhs) way after most would have had it stopped as it was obvious he was drinking heavily (rumours that he drank in his hospital bed)
There should have been many more questions asked about Best's transplant as it seemed to those in the know that not only did  he get a liver when he shouldn't have but that he was treated way above what 'normal' people would get. The fact he was such a 'hero' (for fecking kicking a ball around and pissing his career up the wall?) meant they weren't asked and not one member of the best entourage has tried to put things right.There was someosrt of whitewash afterwards saying all was fine but it most certainly wasn't.
It's funny that you only seem angry that this bloke was a muslim and I presume you would be as angry (and think they should be treated the same)if they were a white 60yo brexit supporting anti vexer?

Don't know where you got that from but he was no hero of mine.
Report stewarty b March 30, 2021 2:45 PM BST
** btw, I admire your courage saying you had an alcohol problem.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com