Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1146 comments are related to the topic:
Nobody mentioning that RTV has been sped up then?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,146
By:
duncan idaho
When: 28 Mar 21 14:25
0.78 Carlisle here  Plain
By:
Captain carnage
When: 28 Mar 21 15:07
That last at carlisle was bizarre.
.8 throughout race and then after line the purple page comes on which usually means a speed up
but the pic actually went back to the old .65.
By:
Captain carnage
When: 29 Mar 21 14:10
.8 Winc. .8 Strat.

Again at end of Winc 2.00 the brief blue/purple screen appeared and it
went back to the old .65.

Bootman - many thanks for all your help but could you go back one more time to these jokers
and ask for the extra .2 they gave us on friday at Musselburgh/Newbury and we wont bother them ever again.
By:
thebootman
When: 29 Mar 21 15:40
I have passed the feedback that it slowed fractionally over the weekend onto RMG, they are looking into it.
By:
duffy
When: 29 Mar 21 15:50
I think the issue is that the "change" wasn't something that was a fundamental move that sees a permanent alteration.

It now appears that it was a momentary improvement, but something that could change back from one day to another.

Just like in the past where we saw the odd race improve, this time it was an odd day.

For my part I have always thought the odd race was just chance rather than a "trial" and to the same end I think this latest "improvement" was much the same and voiced such thoughts at the time.

The fact that there was no official announcement from BF spoke volumes to me suggesting that it was not planned or that they had very little confidence in it.
By:
cheburekito
When: 29 Mar 21 23:37

Mar 25, 2021 -- 4:57PM, duffy wrote:

You'd like to see an announcement from BF for sure, it would give a greater level of confidence if they officially went on record with regards an improvement.

Ask and you shall receive. https://community.betfair.com/horse_racing/go/thread/view/94102/31698581/racing-tv-new-enhanced-latency

By:
duffy
When: 30 Mar 21 00:39
Yep, an announcement shows intent to a degree, shame about the last sentence though as that basically allows for continuing non delivery like we've seen through the past few days.

They are saying "We're doing it but if you see days when it is still slow then it's teething problems"....we've been here before.

The time to take notice is when the announcement tells us that "We have done it, the technology has been applied and customers will see the quicker stream everyday going forward"

End of.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 31 Mar 21 13:35
Ludlow 0.75

going backwards...the glory day(s) didnt last v long
By:
jamesdean
When: 31 Mar 21 13:42
correct duncan, it is actually nearer the speeds it was before than when it first sped up last week

lost over .2 of a second
By:
jamesdean
When: 31 Mar 21 13:48
It was near 1 second (.98) ahead for 3 days at every track last week when first sped up, why did they tamper with it?
It was working perfectly. Now it is a tad over .75
By:
Rider
When: 31 Mar 21 13:55
If anyone was giving rtv one last chance i think they're doing a good job of blowing it
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 31 Mar 21 13:58
Im pretty cynical but not sure this bit would be on purpose.

Unless of course they know theyve let too many home players slip through the net and they of course need them to make a proper living.

Its ATR that grinds my gears from just a rec point of view, unplayable, unwatchable, they not bothered, disgrace.
By:
cheburekito
When: 31 Mar 21 14:08
typical sh1t, it happened many times before, couple days of good stream, to give us chance to earn some money, then back to giving advantage to droners. Say what you want, but this is going for almost a year, it's joke already
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 31 Mar 21 14:09
Sky are like a girlfriend who never promises sex
RTV is like one who leads you on constantly but delivers nowt

Both make you want another girlfriend
By:
cheburekito
When: 31 Mar 21 14:26
I think the worst part is that at the moment there are more SKY streams than RTV
By:
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy
When: 31 Mar 21 14:29
click earlier.
By:
Wesdag
When: 31 Mar 21 14:30
Tbf, RTV have always said the launch date for faster pics would be 1st April.

Plain
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 14:37
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy • March 31, 2021 2:29 PM BST
click earlier.

Another glib remark having never once said a word for attempted fairplay.
By:
When: 31 Mar 21 14:56
its planet earth..there is no such thing as fair play.
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:01
bullsh1t

this is a result of contrived intent

It can be sorted
By:
When: 31 Mar 21 15:10
anything on planet earth that involves $$$ has contrived intent.
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:13
This is about the visual data
The betting on that data that is provided via technology
Arguing that it cant be rectified is simply vested interest.
By:
duffy
When: 31 Mar 21 15:14
The biggest amazement in all of this is just how possible it was that so many on here were just one week ago happy to proclaim that the millions would now flood in and that all problems were sorted.

Even after all the experience of false dawn after false dawn it was lapped up.

Look back at some of the posts, truly amazingCrazy
By:
jamesdean
When: 31 Mar 21 15:16
Duffy, are any of your posts not snide?
By:
duffy
When: 31 Mar 21 15:23
jd,

Nothing snide in my comment, snide would be an indirect swipe, my comment is quite clear and direct, last weeks comments were a bit too previous and it probably gives the impression that we can be fed all sorts of pony and it'll be readily believed.

We must be sceptical at every turn, surely experience has taught us that if nothing else.
By:
jamesdean
When: 31 Mar 21 15:27
Youve had an indirect swipe at plenty on this thread, this whole post is one big swipe at some on here.
We all want the same thing (except greenie Wink)

duffy • March 31, 2021 3:14 PM BST
The biggest amazement in all of this is just how possible it was that so many on here were just one week ago happy to proclaim that the millions would now flood in and that all problems were sorted.

Even after all the experience of false dawn after false dawn it was lapped up.

Look back at some of the posts, truly amazingCrazy
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:30
Everone who comments on IR betting should make their intentions known whether they subscibe to fair play or whether they dont.
By:
duffy
When: 31 Mar 21 15:34
I was saying it on the day of the improvement that we should temper our enthusiasm and that's my main point, I don't intend to personally offend anyone, I just disliked the general yippee type responses, I was reaching for the sick bucket in truth, but like you suggest it might be a fault in my character.
By:
Rider
When: 31 Mar 21 15:39
dusty, fair play is possible in-play in some sports, its sad so many have invested time in racing when life would be so much easy in other forms of trading who have good liquidity, racing really is shooting itself in the foot, the gravy will run out one day and they will realise new blood isnt coming in to racing anymore (for very obvious reasons, at least to us) and the prize money drops etc
By:
jamesdean
When: 31 Mar 21 15:43
Ive just quickly scanned the thread and there is not 1 yippee type post from anyone, not one. It as actually all very mild.
At most there was a few people (myself included)thanking the bootman for his efforts. There is also not 1 post that suggests millions with flood the markets or even that liquidity would improve, again not one. If you can post one post that was yipee style and made you reach for the sick bucket you have my full apologies
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:48
Rider
The top and bottom of it is that those who dont believe in a fair playingfield are knowingly insecure about their own worth.
By:
When: 31 Mar 21 15:50
anyone who thinks/thought that by pictures speeding up by 0.3 of a seconds was going to make ir good again is suffering from a delusional psychiatric disorder.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 31 Mar 21 15:51
RTV should be praised for there efforts , not criticised .

they have shown that they can/will produce pictures under 0.8 behind , on par with or quicker than facetime , 2 years ago we would have bitten their hands of for that .

they might have a few teething problems , but hopefully they will get there

ATR on the other hand do not even reply to thebootmans messages
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:51
Do you support a level playing field greenie?
Yes or no?
By:
When: 31 Mar 21 15:52
its all electronic now..technology has made it so.
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:52
dustybin • March 31, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Yes or no?
By:
When: 31 Mar 21 15:53
dustybin 31 Mar 21 14:51 

that isnt how i became wealthy..so i'll let you ponder on that one.Cool
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 15:54
No then?
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 31 Mar 21 15:59
anyone who thinks/thought that by pictures speeding up by 0.3 of a seconds was going to make ir good again is suffering from a delusional psychiatric disorder

it is the speeded up pics from what they were 18 months ago ( pre trial ) that is the bonus and a decent marketing angle

how far ahead is the quicker RTV stream than what is was 18 months ago Confused
By:
dustybin
When: 31 Mar 21 16:01
In politics MPs by law have to declare their interests
So Greenie how can you by any justifiable notion expect anyone to take anything you say as valid?
Page 6 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com