Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1146 comments are related to the topic:
Nobody mentioning that RTV has been sped up then?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,146
By:
dustybin
When: 25 Mar 21 17:13
They will now have to earn more of their corn though
By:
Wesdag
When: 25 Mar 21 17:15

Mar 25, 2021 -- 5:08PM, duffy wrote:

I do find it a bit surprising how even now, after all the disappointments and false dawns how everyone is so quick to get the bunting out.Give it a month or so, see how it is then I reckon.

I think the drone issue getting wider coverage has miraculously caused speeds to be improved.

Strange.

By:
Big Cat
When: 25 Mar 21 17:18
The audio seems to have has sped up more than the pics
By:
jamesdean
When: 25 Mar 21 17:20

Mar 25, 2021 -- 5:11PM, 11kv wrote:

always be someone in front of blv so it dont matter how fast it is

not true, it matters greatly. The new speeds on rtv lv knocks out 100s of players who were ahead of lv using drones and facetime
who now wont bother. It put us home users in a far better position

By:
Sent
When: 25 Mar 21 17:46
Is anyone getting the picture blurring constantly during the race tho? Tried changing my browser but no joy
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 25 Mar 21 17:54
no problems here sent

using chrome
By:
jamesdean
When: 25 Mar 21 18:06
picture absolutely fine here as well
By:
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy
When: 25 Mar 21 18:30
i assume everywuns bagging up today?
By:
11kv
When: 25 Mar 21 18:34
Lost count
By:
sludge
When: 25 Mar 21 20:19
I have lost slightly less than usual St !
By:
Rico-Dangleflaps
When: 25 Mar 21 21:35
not many winners then...Laugh

dusty will have cleaned up.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 05:44
There are a decreasing number of stones from which those intent on cheating others use to hide under.

That should be welcomed by all.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 09:56
In my view there is justified reason to be cautiously optimistic.
Let’s see if they can keep this present service up....if they can then surely betfair have a duty to put a stake in the ground?

They have never been able to talk about IR before let alone advertise it.
They still couldn’t realistically when around 1 in 3 races remain insidiously provided by ATR, the cancer of IR.
So betfair must then make a stand, stop offering ATR IR markets on their platform and advertise RMG ones.
The door being left open for them to integrate the same technology as RMG if they wish for betfair to remain a customer.
Make a marked contrast and don’t even show or purchase the LV until they do, it will also solve the ARC’s problem with drones overnight.

Be under no illusion that the ARC/ATR position gains from the stonewalling of integrity while every market is still available.
I don’t know if they directly take advantage but they rely on income from the wrongful sale of trading rooms off the back of delayed pictures.
Whatever implied integrity betfair profess to have regarding facilitating betting they are completely undermined by the provision of slow pics.
You only need to see when a stream is delayed that their suspension of markets are reliant on that delayed stream.
That is the tail of the provider wagging the dog of the licensed betting platform.
By:
11kv
When: 26 Mar 21 10:35
Warning: Although the current score, time elapsed, video and other data provided on this site is sourced from "live" feeds provided by third parties, you should be aware that this data may be subject to a time delay and/or be inaccurate.  Please also be aware that other Betfair customers may have access to data that is faster and/or more accurate than the data shown on the Betfair site. If you rely on this data to place bets, you do so entirely at your own risk. Betfair provides this data AS IS with no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of such data and accepts no responsibility for any loss (direct or indirect) suffered by you as a result of your reliance on it.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 10:40
As I already pointed out to thebootman, slapping a generic warning does nothing for the integrity of an event.
Why don’t the poor GC and BHA go and play with dust bunnies under the bed and just put a warning on gambling as a whole if that suffices?

At the very least bf need to update that warning, they need to specify exactly who are the ones supplying delayed pictures and who arnt.
By:
Rider
When: 26 Mar 21 10:48
maybe, since the recent introduction of faster pictures, it should be looked at how much levy is generated through IR betting at RTV tracks compared to ATR tracks, I'm sure there will be a marked difference and this factual information should be made known, say through the racing post, so the damage of the slower pics, to the industry, can be clearly seen
By:
Rider
When: 26 Mar 21 10:50
obviously it will take a while, several months of data will be needed do this and hopefully ATR will have seen the light by then
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 13:28
Newbury lv slow
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 13:31
fixed just before race, fast again Cool
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 13:33
1 second ahead of sky
By:
duffy
When: 26 Mar 21 14:22
jamesdean 26 Mar 21 13:28 
Newbury lv slow
jamesdean 26 Mar 21 13:31 
fixed just before race, fast again

That in in itself is worrying, why isn't it simply stable all the time now going forward whether a race is on or what?, what's happening, does someone need to come along and press a button each day?

If it is now sorted then it should be at all times whether we have something to time it against or not.
By:
When: 26 Mar 21 14:42
blv .9 ahead of sky..not sure what jd is using.

drone & blv virtually identical..
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 14:47
it is now greenie, .9 to 1 second ahead of sky

but when they were going down to the start at first race, the pics were only .75 ahead, they then done the purple splodge thing soon as race started and we got the faster stream again

Did you not say before your drone pics and rtv lv were near identical anyway? yet now the lv has dped up by .35 they are still identical??

I wouldve tht your drone pics would be slower than lv now considering you were saying fk all in it last week before the lv speed up
By:
When: 26 Mar 21 14:53
hard to time when the time is minimal..drone was prob 3yds ish ahead..now cant really split em.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 14:58
I cant see the angle alone being enough to keep the drones going.
It must be like the labours of Sisyphus
Get a few cheap wins pushing the boulder up, only for it to roll back down as the weight of the market finds em out again
The bill being the difference in the end.
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 14:58
greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy • March 26, 2021 1:53 PM GMT
hard to time when the time is minimal..drone was prob 3yds ish ahead..now cant really justify em
  Shocked
By:
duffy
When: 26 Mar 21 15:12
pause central
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 15:13
JD
This purple splodge you refer to
Do you mean that flashcard that comes up with the details of the race?
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 15:17
aye, flashes up on screen for about 1 or 2 seconds then you get a different speed of feed sometimes
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 15:19
no pauses here btw, every rtv track been fast and smooth with no issues all day
By:
Rider
When: 26 Mar 21 15:42
ok, speed great, picture quality not so much, i dont remember it being compromised in the trials, does anyone else? so lets hope they can fix that in time, as with jamesdean i have not had any other issues  (yet) for rtv
By:
duncan idaho
When: 26 Mar 21 15:43
0.94-0.97 here
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 26 Mar 21 15:56
duncan , what does that average out as ?

Crazy
By:
boycey
When: 26 Mar 21 16:32
I hope your all of you who have unsubscribed RTV are going to re-subscribe in the near future because there would be no future with the other channel, thanks for all your efforts the bootman your a top man.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 16:42
Ill re subscribe for the flat season
Ill add to a booty fund too if anyone sets one up
By:
jamesdean
When: 26 Mar 21 16:43
same here ^
By:
thebootman
When: 26 Mar 21 16:46
Thanks Boycey

The change between the slower and faster stream - is part of the production process required for their RTV Extra service, nothing to worry about.
By:
dustybin
When: 26 Mar 21 16:51
Cant wait to see Dundalk
By:
tips
When: 26 Mar 21 17:08
any word on these quicker pics coming to the main channel bootman?
By:
thebootman
When: 26 Mar 21 17:17
I believe they are refreshing the RTV website and they will be available on there, with full screen capability, at some stage this year. Not sure the Sky channel can get any quicker.
Page 4 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com