Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gull1
21 Mar 21 16:10
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Gull1's blog
Reading between the lines, on the news today, the authorities are strongly suggesting that social distancing and mask wearing will continue throughout the summer.
How will this impact on racecourse bookmakers and the general public attending.
Any opinions?
Pause Switch to Standard View Covid Restrictions and Racecourses.
Show More
Report test.for.free.account March 21, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
we'll be lucky if it's only this summer, I fear we'll be into next year before anything resembling normal will be back !
Report onlooker March 21, 2021 3:22 PM GMT
You won't be going to - Longchamp and Baden-Baden.
Report Manoleeds March 21, 2021 3:44 PM GMT
I won't be going if muzzles are required.
Report jimnast March 21, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
outdoors i dont see why masks will be forced to be worn,i think most people have become sensible about social distancing.
Report test.for.free.account March 21, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
LOL, did you see the march yesterday Grin
Report jimnast March 21, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
i did not but i can imagine ,most of those just love that sort of thing.
Report test.for.free.account March 21, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
thousands upon thousands shoulder to shoulder out in the streets of London,

and then they wonder why we keep on getting spikes !
Report jimnast March 21, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
some do not wont to return to the way things were to many getting to much money during this pandemic.
Report Racecourse Regular March 21, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
Racecourses would appear from what we know to fall into that bracket Jimnast if they can survive on media rights money.  JCR seem to be adopting one enclosure policy now at the majority of their meetings,  ARC I saw somewhere if you don't pre-book you aren't getting in not sure if that was for all meetings...

Racecourses seem to be intending to make life as difficult as possible for people almost to the point they are discouraging them from wanting to attend in the first place, it was suggested to me that one track has no interest in opening to the public prior to August as they have plenty of other events on.   I guess with the goalposts moving all the time it must be difficult to plan and maybe they have just taken the decision that crowds just aren't worth the hassle for some time to come.

How has it ever got to this, and to top it all the Racegoers Club and RCA are pushing surveys asking Racegoers what they want to see prior to returning -  For things to return to the way they were seems too simple and not on anybody's agenda Jimnast
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com