Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cash Is King
19 Mar 21 22:57
| Topic/replies: 1,339 | Blogger: Cash Is King's blog
Four poor rides - Allmankind, Nube Negra, Shan Blue and Third Time Lucki - and I'll give you the benefit of doubt regarding Elle Est Belle in the bumper.

The Ireland-based claimers were showing the England-based professionals an object lesson in how to ride both Cheltenham tracks all week. They obviously watched Ruby Walsh walk the track with Lydia Hislop.

Allmankind - what were you thinking going toe to toe with Captain Guinness? Reminded me of one of the worst rides I thought Id' ever see at the Festival when Aiden Coleman rode St Calvados in the 2018 Arkle.

Nube Negra - there was no need to get tightened up and squeezed for room in the closing stages.

Shan Blue - Envoi Allen had fallen and you decided to inject pace and go for glory 1m 2f from hope?

Third Time Lucki - You should know that it's a long way home from the 2nd last on the New Course hurdles track. 

The Skelton horses deserved better.
Pause Switch to Standard View Harry Skelton Cheltenham Festival...
Show More
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 19, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
He is the polar opposite to Rachel, she came here with massive pressure and delivered. Henry came here with no pressure and rode like an amateur.
Report koikeeper March 20, 2021 7:53 AM GMT
He's just not very good,lucky he rides for his brother.
Report Trendy March 20, 2021 8:02 AM GMT
Very harsh posts.
Report tanglefoot March 20, 2021 9:19 AM GMT
Harry is far better when he follows a pace maker,has a tendency to let his horse run too free when in the lead, I am sure he knows that,but does get these rush of blood.
Report Insideshrewdie March 20, 2021 9:20 AM GMT
Don't necessarily agree he needs to hang is head.  He had a poor Cheltenham, no doubt about that.  He is a good jockey and has had a good season thus far. He rods too aggressively - look like the  occasion got to him a bit.  While others were biding their time - he seemed intent on playing his hand way too early.....a long way from the second last absolutley spot on.....
Report Bindaree March 20, 2021 9:29 AM GMT
I looked up the Aiden Coleman ride you mention. Two horses went clear and shared the lead and the other horse actually led from the 6th. Who was the other useless jockey? Davy Russell  lol
Report doorman99 March 20, 2021 9:49 AM GMT
Really glad Langer beat after the bent ride at Market.
Report Cider March 20, 2021 10:01 AM GMT
A lot of it is back fitting the outcome. Plenty of aggressive rides were successful in the week.
Report dr . atkins March 20, 2021 10:11 AM GMT
nothing to do that the irish horses are much better than ours and you just know the irish horses in the hcp hurdles have been held up just for cheltenham
Report Cash Is King March 20, 2021 12:35 PM GMT
Bindaree - In their desperation to secure the lead both Saint Calvados and Petit Mouchoir over-raced from the outset. Ruby meanwhile just sat back content to let the two in front get on with it knowing that they were setting a pace that they couldn't possibly sustain.
Report Cash Is King March 20, 2021 12:37 PM GMT
Plenty of good rides and bad rides at Cheltenham last week. I singled out Harry Skelton because suffered a rush of blood to the head more than once.

Let's not forget that McCoy was pretty average when it came to riding at Cheltenham.
Report diabolicalliability March 20, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
Lay him when he front runs
Report Facts March 20, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
OP

I guess you must be an expert professional  horse rider ?

If not your comments are worthless and shameful.
Report layingisthewayforward March 20, 2021 1:12 PM GMT
Cant recall the 1st 3, backed Third Time Lucki though and don't think it was a poor ride. Travelled well but the horse just didnt finish the race strongly enough imo.
Report wondersobright March 20, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
not saying he rode perfectly far from it but I agree with cider 10.01am & doc 10.11am posts
historic front runners bias especially old course, plenty front running winners this week
irish horses much the best in the graded & hcap scales are wrong especially hurdles, been like it years & seems to diverging at a faster rate than ever
Report wondersobright March 20, 2021 1:14 PM GMT

Mar 20, 2021 -- 7:35AM, Cash Is King wrote:

Bindaree - In their desperation to secure the lead both Saint Calvados and Petit Mouchoir over-raced from the outset. Ruby meanwhile just sat back content to let the two in front get on with it knowing that they were setting a pace that they couldn't possibly sustain.

off topic clearly but saint calvados arkle ride the other year was unforgivably bad

Report punchestown March 20, 2021 1:46 PM GMT
Think he'd been going well this season until the big 4 days where he rode like a 7lb claimer.Nobody has yet mentioned Alnadam in the Ultima on the opening day.The horse was trying 3 miles + for the first time and I thought he was way too aggressive from the flag drop and the horse bottomed out with 2 to jump (just like the other rides already mentioned).
Report SeeMoreBusiness March 20, 2021 2:05 PM GMT
so Facts, the threshold for having the temerity to pass an opinion on a jockey's riding continues to grow higher and higher. Used to be argued that only if you rode horses could you opine. Then you must have ridden professionally. Now, according to you you must be "an expert professional horse rider". I wonder how you achieve that status? 40 winners a season enough? Or 60? Or perhaps only champion jockeys?
Report Cash Is King March 20, 2021 2:23 PM GMT
Facts - You don't have to be a politician to have a view on politics and you don't have to be a professional chef to have a view on what you like to eat.  Similarly you don't need to be a jockey or ex-jockey to express a view on whether a ride was good, bad or indifferent.
Report TOP3MAN March 20, 2021 2:31 PM GMT
I think your being leniant on the bumper ride.

He left her with a mountain to climb after sitting quietly until everything had got away - I think the Langer dan ride last weekend went to his head
Report jinxy March 20, 2021 2:43 PM GMT
Lets face it , there is a countless girls & boys who could ride as well as 90% of the jockeys around today ! 90 % horse , jockeys are more likely to cost the horse the trace than the other way round !
Well done to Rachel Blackmore , she showed the lads .....
Report wondersobright March 20, 2021 3:06 PM GMT
skeltons flying again

winner @ uttox to go with the winner @ kemptonLaugh earlier
Report casemoney March 20, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
The Skeletons are on fire
Report punchestown March 20, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
He nearly did it again Laugh
Report 3 valleys March 20, 2021 11:17 PM GMT
If u look at Skelton's record at the years before this season you'll see that he doesn't ride the course very well for one reason or another. But he's not on his own Possibly the greatest indictment of the state of British racing is that our champion jockey was engaged at Sedgefield and Fakenham for the last 2 days of the festival
I posted on here well before the festival and asked the question where would the British winners come from and got dissed the worst thing is that if you take the novice results this year as the bedrock for 2022 then only Shiskin will be flying the flag
Report wallis March 20, 2021 11:43 PM GMT
Tough call between Skelton and Townend for worst rider at the festival.  Utterly clueless at pace , positioning and timing.  How Townend never decked Monkfish I'll never know.
Report isleham March 21, 2021 9:27 AM GMT
The bumper ride was a shocker..sat way off the pace in a race run at a dawdle
Report GAZO March 21, 2021 9:48 AM GMT
the shan blue ride looked like a pre-plan to try to get envoi allen out of his comfort zone and he didnt know he had fell
Report Cash Is King March 29, 2021 10:31 PM BST
Incredible to think that that Skelton - who rode like a 7lbs claimer at Cheltenham a fortnight ago - is now favourite to be champion jockey.

'It's going to be tight!' - Skelton clear favourite for title after four-timer

Harry Skelton became the clear favourite in the jump jockeys' championship on Monday as his rampant title charge continued with a fantastic 30-1 four-timer at Stratford, which reduced the gap on leader and reigning champion Brian Hughes to just three winners.

Skelton was cut to 4-6 (from 5-6) for the jockeys' championship by William Hill, with Hughes eased to 5-4 (from 10-11) by the same firm.

Dan Skelton spoke of his personal pride in seeing his brother flourish into one of the best riders in Britain, and with just under a month of the season remaining he believes his stable jockey is relishing the challenge as he seeks a first title.

He said: "It's going to be really tight at this rate! It's massively exciting and Harry's pinching himself. As a jockey he's always wanted to be in this position – to challenge and be the champion.
Report Cash Is King March 29, 2021 10:33 PM BST
Jockeys' championship current standings:

1. Brian Hughes: 127
2. Harry Skelton: 124
3. Harry Cobden: 116

So none of the top 3 in the title race rode a winner at Cheltenham (and the reigning champion and current leader didn't even have a ride at the Festival).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com