Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
loper
12 Mar 21 13:54
| Topic/replies: 6,437 | Blogger: loper's blog
Considering how sensitive this subject  currently is, it doesn't do much for its image when a  jockey can still remount a horse that has taken an absolute pearler  because he is too lazy to walk his mount back.

Ambrose McCurtin should be given some advice on equine welfare by the stewards.

Unfortunately this practice became commonplace when Ruby was having to get back for the next race several times every day.

This practice was banned in the UK some years ago.
Pause Switch to Standard View Irish horse welfare.
Show More
Report onlooker March 12, 2021 5:17 PM GMT
No  sign of workrider on this Thread ...
Report no-won-sun March 12, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
Just had a word with Mick Quinn and he agrees fully with you.
Report loper March 12, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
It's a shame that Workrider can't bring himself to be unbiased, non nationalistic and rational in his views.

Still, it takes all sorts.
Report workrider March 12, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
Loper thats very unfair , I didn't see the race I was in the shower as it happens, but I do agree that a jockey should not get back on a horse that's had a heavy fall.
I haven't seen you praise to many Irish jockeys or trainers for that matter in my time on here ,correct me if I'm wrong. Is it me been to Nationalistic or do you see a reflection in the mirror....
Report harry callaghan March 12, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
Unfortunately this practice became commonplace when Ruby was having to get back for the next race several times every day.

Quite funny considering how many Walsh put on the deckLaugh I could see the humour loperGrin
Report MayoMan March 12, 2021 10:08 PM GMT
Its a pity your joke BHA cant put on the course to let Oisin Murphy resume riding as soon as his ban is up
Report loper March 13, 2021 10:20 AM GMT
I haven't seen you praise to many Irish jockeys or trainers for that matter in my time on here ,correct me if I'm wrong. Is it me been to Nationalistic or do you see a reflection in the mirror....

Workrider,

please point me to where I have praised any jockey or trainer regardless of nationality?

There you go again, proving my point by being obsessed with nationality.

If you must know, I regard Ireland as the true home of the thoroughbred racehorse, and the epicentre  of the world's thoroughbred breeding industry. Something that all Irishmen should be very proud of.

But then I'm biased, being half Irish!
Report workrider March 13, 2021 10:53 AM GMT
I see your point Loper, been half anything can be a problem. You have to be fully committed ..Laugh
Report harry callaghan March 13, 2021 12:31 PM GMT
If loper is half Irish surely that counts for something workrider...I suppose like you say he is showing some commitment to the causeMischief

Does oisin dodging tests mean he is a confirmed cocaine abuser Mayo?
Report MayoMan March 13, 2021 12:56 PM GMT
I think most of it consumed in racing is in BHA rooms Laugh
Report harry callaghan March 13, 2021 12:58 PM GMT
I think them and the IHRB have the same supplier...

the proper Columbian stuff, that every drug addict cravesLaugh
Report workrider March 13, 2021 2:06 PM GMT
Laugh
Report MayoMan March 13, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
Racing - sponsored by Mucho Gusto Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com