Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
05 Mar 21 21:49
| Topic/replies: 13,215 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Effectively two-months and a token fine.

I very much doubt it. As ever best keep things buried in the bubble.
Pause Switch to Standard View Will Anyone In The Industry Admit The...
Show More
Report Dotchinite March 5, 2021 9:50 PM GMT
Do you mean your "truth"?
Report G Hall March 5, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
It was harsh imo.
Report cloone river March 5, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
6 months and 15000 fine and losing some of your best horses?and suffering abuse on twitter and forms from bitter people.
Report stewarty b March 5, 2021 10:21 PM GMT
layingisthewayforward will be fuming.
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
Harsh in my opinion, something had to be done of course, personally I thought that a £100,000 personal fine, a warning and a stable inspection every week for two years would have sufficed and appeased everyone.
Report Deptford March 5, 2021 10:29 PM GMT
All gravy trainers, not a backbone among them, how much will be said about French a nr for Triumph? Hours after a massive drift
Report GAZO March 5, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
think it should have been longer if they just change trainer for a period so he hasnt really had a ban and anyone else in that stable would have been sacked by him and never got a job in racing again but the best thing is thinking about how nervous itv racing team are going to be about him or her having winners at cheltenham and the interviews
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 10:38 PM GMT
GAZO, he wont be at Cheltenham, any winners will be in someone else's name (at least in theory.)
Report Kriskin March 5, 2021 10:39 PM GMT
It's like all top sports stars. They get more leeway compared to others in their sport.  Gordon is a TOP class horse trainer
Report irishone March 5, 2021 10:40 PM GMT
Gazo woukd have cut his nuts orf
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 5, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
The animal rights still might Cool
Report GAZO March 5, 2021 10:43 PM GMT
we all know he will still be the trainer so they will be interviewing her and trying to be careful what they ask and irishone on another thread you made out he almost should be made a saint for how honest and he has beenLaugh
Report leif March 5, 2021 10:49 PM GMT
If the punishment is 'harsh', as is being said, we should now expect GE to appeal the verdict?
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 10:52 PM GMT
GE wont appeal, he would be too embarrassed I would think. That doesn't stop people having their opinions on the verdict though, which ever way you think.
Report chavman March 5, 2021 10:53 PM GMT
yesterdays news.move on.
Report Kriskin March 5, 2021 10:54 PM GMT

Mar 5, 2021 -- 4:49PM, leif wrote:

If the punishment is 'harsh', as is being said, we should now expect GE to appeal the verdict?

He has no intentions of appealing.  He walked away today and accepted the punishment.

Report leif March 5, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
Envoi Allen storming up the 'hill' will send the co0nt into a flood of tears Cry
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
It will send me into a flood of cheers having taken advantage of the 2.4 on offer during this so called 'crisis'
Report leif March 5, 2021 11:06 PM GMT
If he was the CEO of a large Ltd company he would be out of a job.

He's lost a few horses up to now and gets a holiday away from the tracks. Fined a few bob and no sniff of doing any penitence by way of 'education'.

Offered no explanation as to why he did said deed and circumstances partly mitigated due to minions relying on kn0bhead for gainful employment.

I'd say he's done rather well to a fashion.
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 11:11 PM GMT
leif, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. He's admitted the offence and I'm sure that he knows that he acted like a dikhead.

Everyone deserves a second chance. He broke no law, committed no crime, yet some would hang him for what he did? We all have our opinions on what the punishment should have been.
Report leif March 5, 2021 11:21 PM GMT
agreed that it's just my opinion.

Given that he was allegedly 'in tears' and that doctors had said he was suffering fallout, I'd hazard a guess he will look back one day and consider himself fortunate he's still in the game.

The word 'disappointment' fits a lot of what's gone on and where he has let everyone down, including himself.
Report driver2 March 5, 2021 11:24 PM GMT
Spot on Tiger Tiger. The one that needs to be warned off is the **** that published the photo!
Report Tiger Tiger March 5, 2021 11:26 PM GMT
The guy needs to look at himself and his lifestyle in my opinion and eliminate one or two of the hangers on in his life, a bit like Gazza should of done years ago, get rid of the jokers and plebs, concentrate on the serious job in hand.
Report olddesperado March 5, 2021 11:41 PM GMT
Agreed tiger,  I'm on the periphery of the scene and the only place I hear unsavoury stories about is his yard.
Never horses in fairness ,  just staff incidents and unsavoury characters etc.

I agree 100% about the hangers on.

He looked at a horse with a friend of mine a little while back and he said only he knew it was Gordon  he would have run them from the yard when he seen what was getting out of the car or jeep or whatever it was.

He needs to rid himself of that element imo.
Report G Hall March 6, 2021 12:49 AM GMT
The person who circulated the photograph will never have a days luck for it.
Report olddesperado March 6, 2021 12:54 AM GMT
I think the person who circulated the photo ,  the person who took the photo and the person on the edge of the photo should all be found and have a case to answer imo.

No better than Elliott any one of them tbh.
Report olddesperado March 6, 2021 12:57 AM GMT
And in the Rob James video the egger  on,s should get a bigger sanction imo.

He looked embarrassed in fairness while they were falling about laughing.
Report buddeliea March 6, 2021 7:33 AM GMT
Its a good result all round imo.

Elliott has a job to go back to.

The staff keep their jobs

The horses are allowed to carry on racing
Report mrcombustible March 6, 2021 7:46 AM GMT
I am not sure that it is a 15k fine. The tribunal awarded costs of 15k to the IRHB which the losing party has to pay.

In my opinion the punishemnt was 12 months with 6 suspended plus costs to the losing side of 15K. So technically it is not a fine though the result is the same in that he has to pay 15K
Report Deptford March 6, 2021 7:52 AM GMT
Will anyone ask who was laying French hours before a nr?
Report GAZO March 6, 2021 7:54 AM GMT
can only be from two stables one here and one over the irish sea
Report foxy March 6, 2021 7:58 AM GMT
Very well put budd
Report sparrow March 6, 2021 8:27 AM GMT
Industry moves on and everything is now comfortably swept under the table and it was all the fault of animal rights people anyway.
Report Storm Alert March 6, 2021 8:52 AM GMT
No admittance necessary, sanctions pretty much as I predicted day's ago. Just a smaller fine but they imposed straightaway.
Report cardifffc March 6, 2021 9:15 AM GMT
thought just the fine would have been enough
Report nineteen points March 6, 2021 9:19 AM GMT
so basically the punishment is that he cant go to cheltenham or aintree,which i doubt very much he would of shown up there anyways.all round good result for GE.
Report Storm Alert March 6, 2021 9:26 AM GMT
^^
Tick
Report impossible123 March 6, 2021 9:55 AM GMT
All involved here except the lawyers (£15k positive) whether in the picture or not are guilty by association, and that includes the entity who's decided to release the sickening picture just before Cheltenham having been in possession of it since 2019.

This saga will remain in people's eyes and memory for a long while.
Report nineteen points March 6, 2021 9:58 AM GMT
it would be interesting to find out,who released them and why.
Report Hayden March 6, 2021 10:17 AM GMT
Poor thread.

In this case the truth about the verdict is subjective.
Report 1st time poster March 6, 2021 10:26 AM GMT
exactly most important question in the whole saga and inquiry asks
mr elliott do you no who and why photo,s were released
mr elliott NO
OK
2 SUGARS OR 3 mr elliott
Report layingisthewayforward March 6, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
Lol Stewarty, you're mistaking me for someone who gives a ****.
Report sageform March 6, 2021 10:36 AM GMT
It is essential to find and punish those responsible for publishing the pictures as they are the ones who have done the damage. Without their action nobody else would have known that they existed.
Report 1st time poster March 6, 2021 10:37 AM GMT
think theres a contradiction there somewhere
Report GAZO March 6, 2021 10:39 AM GMT
brush it under the carpet,pretty much how jimmy saville and co get away with things for so long
Report 1st time poster March 6, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
racing/gravy trainers think they can control this now,which means they no where/why this happened and we dont,but what they cant control is what,can,might happen at chelt and aintree ,and sods law if it happens this year their starting from ground zero in trying to defend it
Report ericster March 6, 2021 10:47 AM GMT

Mar 5, 2021 -- 4:29PM, Tiger Tiger wrote:

Harsh in my opinion, something had to be done of course, personally I thought that a £100,000 personal fine, a warning and a stable inspection every week for two years would have sufficed and appeased everyone.

I'd go along with that.

Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
I don't agree with the sentence and I am certain the reason it wasn't discussed on the morning show was because they didn't believe it either, but it is what it is and what I think matters not.

I don't agree that the others in the photo should be blamed along with the person who took the photo. Has no-one heard of not shooting the messenger? If it was a lad on the horse and the trainer was watching that would be a different story but it was the other way around. It was the trainers responsibility, that is his job.

I also agree with 'leif' in that in any other industry the boss would have walked. 

I always believed horseracing circles, especially reporting, was too incestuous and this has done nothing to change my views.

I don't know how many on this forum have actually worked in racing and looked after horses for a living but I wouldn't be surprised if it is not many, given the responses I have read but, as I said earlier, it is what it is.
Report G Hall March 6, 2021 11:08 AM GMT
It is a disgrace what GE has been put through in the last week, trial by media, I really hope he is strong enough to see this out, the people judging him, must be saints
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 11:11 AM GMT
I am not a saint and I would never even think about doing what he did. Are you saying you would do that? G Hall are you saying yo would sit on a dead animal and have your photo taken with thumbs up, on the phone. Is that something you would do?
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 11:12 AM GMT
All the do-gooders on this forum, would any of you do what Elliott did?
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:15 AM GMT
Agreed G Hall,as angry and disgusted as the photo made me ,the reactions have been just as sickening.In context all he did was bring the sport into disrepute,as bad as that was,his punishment fit the the "Crime",his trial on here and social media proves a middle ages type lust for blood still exists!!!
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 11:20 AM GMT
No-one? I guess that answers any questions then.
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 6, 2021 11:24 AM GMT
Nothing wrong with all the debate from both sides, what you must keep in mind is only one or two % of the general

public will have a clue who GE is.
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:25 AM GMT
Brigust I was brought up on an 800 acre estate with horses and cattle as part of my daily life,what is your point?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:26 AM GMT
Stop lying. It's a farkin disease with you Toby
Jesus wept weren't you hugged by mommy as a child?
Report Deptford March 6, 2021 11:27 AM GMT
glen, you mean you had one of those plastic toy farm kits.
Report sparrow March 6, 2021 11:29 AM GMT
Anyone on this thread who has worked in racing deserved to be listened to.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:31 AM GMT
Liars and silly old duffers notsomuch
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:32 AM GMT
Yes I suppose I may have imagined it,if you have the resources go and look at Perth sales record for cattle around 1972 and you will find the biggest ever Fresian bull sold in the UK at the time,it was ours!!!Wink
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:34 AM GMT
Glentoby trying to derail a thread again
ME me me me me
No-one CARES what your daydreams and past wishes were.
Back to GE
What the thread is about
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:36 AM GMT
Were you born with brain damage cuckoo or were you dropped on your head from a great height?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:39 AM GMT
That football you played keepy-uppy with Maradona at half-time in Napoli?
Told us about it on his RIP thread
Did you get it signed? Might be worth a bullseye, pay for your daily booze that Walter.
What 17 carat gold plum you are Toby Laugh
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
Seething envy cuckoo,may if you had chosen a similar career your life might have been enhanced?Wink
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
Glen, would you do what Elliott did?
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
Of course not Brig,already condemned him for his actions,I never witnessed any such behaviour toward animals,it was sickening.However his trial on here and elsewhere is a punishment on it's own imvho.
Report 1st time poster March 6, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
its the equivalent of a football manager been banned from the ground during a 90 min game i doubt anyone would call that severe,
will they be policing that elliott isnt just carrying o as normal besides race days in some way
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
Of course he would. He invented it on his 800 acre farm Cool
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
Will be absolutely amazed if more doesn't come out about this culture
Someone might not be happy with the perceived leniency of fatman's sentence.
Report G Hall March 6, 2021 12:09 PM GMT
I'm not defending what he did, it was in bad taste, but he didn't injure or inflict any cruelty on the horse. Every day at the races jockeys are whipping horses, is that not worse than what elliott did?

The outrage and trial by media was totally over the top, it has destroyed the man. In Ireland last week two brothers were beheaded, it hardly made the news. What Gordon did, didn't warrant the abuse and kangaroo court trial.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk March 6, 2021 12:11 PM GMT
He received a punishment he can serve standing on his head.
Unless the multi-millionaire receives some physical abuse then I'll lose no sleep over his treatment.
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 12:20 PM GMT
I think that answered my question, thank you. Although this forum is filled with a wide range of people no-one would confess to doing what Elliott did. I am pleased about that, it restores a bit of my faith in human nature. Whether you think he has suffered enough and whether our sport deserves the image it has is something else.

I also believe very strongly that when O'Leary said he was going to the hearing with Elliott to the IRHB meeting, I knew the threat of massive legal costs if there was an appeal, unless he was treated leniently, would be hanging over the boards head. O'Leary didn't go there just to show solidarity for his friend. If you believe that you will believe anything.
Report Steamship March 6, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
As I wrote earlier in the week a ban and a fine might be the least of his worries. If by publishing the picture someone wanted his business destroyed yet it hasn't been. Lets hope this is the end of the matter.
Report MJK March 6, 2021 12:43 PM GMT
The penance is right, can those of you who feel the need to post every 5 mins with outrage just accept it and move on? Perhaps join a club with the journo who says he is giving the game up, purely to receive the attention he is now receiving and to see how many likes he gets on Facebook. Or ask the 'lady' why if she's so concerned about animal welfare did it take until now to release the photo? Interesting seeing the reaction from readers, mainly females it has to be said, on several newspaper sites. Jail him, ban him for life etc, the poor horse. The same people aren't concerned about the poor horse when they're picking their Grand National bets are they? Huge hypocrisy everywhere on this subject, from the BHA to general public to punters. There isn't one person(I assume) who wasn't shocked by the photo yet it seems if you dont agree Elliott should be banned for life you're putting your head in the sand. Osbourne on Sky Racing, Dwyer on RUK, Mulrennan's missus on ITV. Osbourne, Dwyer and Mulrennan all on tape conspiring to cheat so how many of you have contacted these channels in disgust,  how many journos are sickened by this? Just one hypocrisy after another. Finally, how many people are actually horrified for the horse in question rather than the 'perception ' it gives of racing? Think about it.
Report buddeliea March 6, 2021 12:56 PM GMT
I dont think being a hypocrite means you cant have an opinion on Elliot's punishment.

I personally hate any type of cruelty to animals, yet i try to make money betting on animals that could get injured or lose their life, every time they race.
So i am a hypocrite.
I still have an opinion on how Elliott should have been dealt with.
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
MJK you are wrong in almost every respect. It isn't about the horse dying, that is very sad but it is part of horseracing. It is the disrespect shown to the horse who has given his life for the idiot who sat on him.
Report glentoby March 6, 2021 1:11 PM GMT
Did Howard Johnson get as much abuse for stripping the nerves from a horses legs so he could carry on racing it and it would feel no pain even if injured? Context Brig?
Report swiftynifty March 6, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
Conflating historical cases of race fixing and doping with the disrespect shown by Elliott to a horse in his care who would no longer be earning him any money is ridiculous. However much Elliott proclaims his shame, the facts are he clearly treats the horses in his care as commodities, as cash cows or for use of a better word cattle. The shame is from getting caught, not from the act itself. I've no doubt it is the lads and lasses of the horses who show them the love, respect and dignity these wonderful animals deserve. The punishment has been announced , it will soon be served, let's hope genuine horse loving owners in the yard remove all of their horses from this man.
Report brigust1 March 6, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
I think he got 4 years in total Glen and decided to retire. Context I guess.
Report kevinglass March 6, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
Hard to imagine Willie Mullins, Henry D B, Jessie H, Paul Nicholls, Nicky H etc etc doing the same as Gordon Elliot.

It doesn't mean he mistreated any horses. It does show a lack of maturity. Hopefully he will learn.

I can accept that everyone can do stupid things, and it shouldn't follow them all their life. He does though now really need to be fully aware of his actions, as they affect, him, his staff and his industry.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com