Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
05 Mar 21 21:49
| Topic/replies: 13,215 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Effectively two-months and a token fine.

I very much doubt it. As ever best keep things buried in the bubble.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 80
By:
Dotchinite
When: 05 Mar 21 21:50
Do you mean your "truth"?
By:
G Hall
When: 05 Mar 21 22:14
It was harsh imo.
By:
cloone river
When: 05 Mar 21 22:18
6 months and 15000 fine and losing some of your best horses?and suffering abuse on twitter and forms from bitter people.
By:
stewarty b
When: 05 Mar 21 22:21
layingisthewayforward will be fuming.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 22:29
Harsh in my opinion, something had to be done of course, personally I thought that a £100,000 personal fine, a warning and a stable inspection every week for two years would have sufficed and appeased everyone.
By:
Deptford
When: 05 Mar 21 22:29
All gravy trainers, not a backbone among them, how much will be said about French a nr for Triumph? Hours after a massive drift
By:
GAZO
When: 05 Mar 21 22:36
think it should have been longer if they just change trainer for a period so he hasnt really had a ban and anyone else in that stable would have been sacked by him and never got a job in racing again but the best thing is thinking about how nervous itv racing team are going to be about him or her having winners at cheltenham and the interviews
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 22:38
GAZO, he wont be at Cheltenham, any winners will be in someone else's name (at least in theory.)
By:
Kriskin
When: 05 Mar 21 22:39
It's like all top sports stars. They get more leeway compared to others in their sport.  Gordon is a TOP class horse trainer
By:
irishone
When: 05 Mar 21 22:40
Gazo woukd have cut his nuts orf
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 05 Mar 21 22:42
The animal rights still might Cool
By:
GAZO
When: 05 Mar 21 22:43
we all know he will still be the trainer so they will be interviewing her and trying to be careful what they ask and irishone on another thread you made out he almost should be made a saint for how honest and he has beenLaugh
By:
leif
When: 05 Mar 21 22:49
If the punishment is 'harsh', as is being said, we should now expect GE to appeal the verdict?
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 22:52
GE wont appeal, he would be too embarrassed I would think. That doesn't stop people having their opinions on the verdict though, which ever way you think.
By:
chavman
When: 05 Mar 21 22:53
yesterdays news.move on.
By:
Kriskin
When: 05 Mar 21 22:54

Mar 5, 2021 -- 4:49PM, leif wrote:

If the punishment is 'harsh', as is being said, we should now expect GE to appeal the verdict?

He has no intentions of appealing.  He walked away today and accepted the punishment.

By:
leif
When: 05 Mar 21 22:54
Envoi Allen storming up the 'hill' will send the co0nt into a flood of tears Cry
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 22:55
It will send me into a flood of cheers having taken advantage of the 2.4 on offer during this so called 'crisis'
By:
leif
When: 05 Mar 21 23:06
If he was the CEO of a large Ltd company he would be out of a job.

He's lost a few horses up to now and gets a holiday away from the tracks. Fined a few bob and no sniff of doing any penitence by way of 'education'.

Offered no explanation as to why he did said deed and circumstances partly mitigated due to minions relying on kn0bhead for gainful employment.

I'd say he's done rather well to a fashion.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 23:11
leif, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. He's admitted the offence and I'm sure that he knows that he acted like a dikhead.

Everyone deserves a second chance. He broke no law, committed no crime, yet some would hang him for what he did? We all have our opinions on what the punishment should have been.
By:
leif
When: 05 Mar 21 23:21
agreed that it's just my opinion.

Given that he was allegedly 'in tears' and that doctors had said he was suffering fallout, I'd hazard a guess he will look back one day and consider himself fortunate he's still in the game.

The word 'disappointment' fits a lot of what's gone on and where he has let everyone down, including himself.
By:
driver2
When: 05 Mar 21 23:24
Spot on Tiger Tiger. The one that needs to be warned off is the **** that published the photo!
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 05 Mar 21 23:26
The guy needs to look at himself and his lifestyle in my opinion and eliminate one or two of the hangers on in his life, a bit like Gazza should of done years ago, get rid of the jokers and plebs, concentrate on the serious job in hand.
By:
olddesperado
When: 05 Mar 21 23:41
Agreed tiger,  I'm on the periphery of the scene and the only place I hear unsavoury stories about is his yard.
Never horses in fairness ,  just staff incidents and unsavoury characters etc.

I agree 100% about the hangers on.

He looked at a horse with a friend of mine a little while back and he said only he knew it was Gordon  he would have run them from the yard when he seen what was getting out of the car or jeep or whatever it was.

He needs to rid himself of that element imo.
By:
G Hall
When: 06 Mar 21 00:49
The person who circulated the photograph will never have a days luck for it.
By:
olddesperado
When: 06 Mar 21 00:54
I think the person who circulated the photo ,  the person who took the photo and the person on the edge of the photo should all be found and have a case to answer imo.

No better than Elliott any one of them tbh.
By:
olddesperado
When: 06 Mar 21 00:57
And in the Rob James video the egger  on,s should get a bigger sanction imo.

He looked embarrassed in fairness while they were falling about laughing.
By:
buddeliea
When: 06 Mar 21 07:33
Its a good result all round imo.

Elliott has a job to go back to.

The staff keep their jobs

The horses are allowed to carry on racing
By:
mrcombustible
When: 06 Mar 21 07:46
I am not sure that it is a 15k fine. The tribunal awarded costs of 15k to the IRHB which the losing party has to pay.

In my opinion the punishemnt was 12 months with 6 suspended plus costs to the losing side of 15K. So technically it is not a fine though the result is the same in that he has to pay 15K
By:
Deptford
When: 06 Mar 21 07:52
Will anyone ask who was laying French hours before a nr?
By:
GAZO
When: 06 Mar 21 07:54
can only be from two stables one here and one over the irish sea
By:
foxy
When: 06 Mar 21 07:58
Very well put budd
By:
sparrow
When: 06 Mar 21 08:27
Industry moves on and everything is now comfortably swept under the table and it was all the fault of animal rights people anyway.
By:
Storm Alert
When: 06 Mar 21 08:52
No admittance necessary, sanctions pretty much as I predicted day's ago. Just a smaller fine but they imposed straightaway.
By:
cardifffc
When: 06 Mar 21 09:15
thought just the fine would have been enough
By:
nineteen points
When: 06 Mar 21 09:19
so basically the punishment is that he cant go to cheltenham or aintree,which i doubt very much he would of shown up there anyways.all round good result for GE.
By:
Storm Alert
When: 06 Mar 21 09:26
^^
Tick
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Mar 21 09:55
All involved here except the lawyers (£15k positive) whether in the picture or not are guilty by association, and that includes the entity who's decided to release the sickening picture just before Cheltenham having been in possession of it since 2019.

This saga will remain in people's eyes and memory for a long while.
By:
nineteen points
When: 06 Mar 21 09:58
it would be interesting to find out,who released them and why.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com