Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scrabbler
05 Mar 21 12:17
| Topic/replies: 405 | Blogger: scrabbler's blog
Some of the other threads on here put up by jimnast have reminded me of something from over 20 years ago. I was at Newton Abbot when Ulundi won the bumper. This horse went on to win the Wolferton handicap at Royal Ascot on the flat and ran in two grade 1 races in the US.  Has any horse gone on from a bumper to reach a better flat rating ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Highest rating after starting off in...
Show More
Report foxy top March 5, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
Les Arcs started off at 1m2f before having a go over hurdles to becoming a dual G1 winner at sprinting,

Mellottie went from bumpers to group status on the flat ! !
Report Andriy March 5, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
Mellottie the one that comes to mind for me as well, ran in Halling's Cambridgeshire.
Report The Headmaster March 5, 2021 1:36 PM GMT
Collier Hill won 3 G1s and was placed at the top level numerous times, having started off in a Catterick Bumper.
Report loper March 5, 2021 1:42 PM GMT
Morley Street.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 March 5, 2021 1:43 PM GMT
Clever Cookie 114
Report monarch March 5, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
Wicklow Brave was well stuffed on his bumper debut. Became a Group 1 winner on the flat, earning a rating of 115 or 116. Actually, the winner of that debut bumper was Very Wood, who went on to win the Albert Bartlett in 2014.
Report HistoricWarwick March 5, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
Vintage Crop won a bumper and Group1?
Report foxy top March 5, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
I think the flat 2 miler VC won was a normal flat race but a good shout as he went on from winning hurdle races to Cesarwich and Melbourne Cup winner !
Report foxy top March 5, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
didn't Jim Bolger have one that went on to win a couple of Irish St Legers, name escapes me Crazy
Report HistoricWarwick March 5, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
You are right - I checked and it was a flat race. Not sure about the Bolger horse.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com