Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ItsMeSwaddle
04 Mar 21 21:32
| Topic/replies: 10,796 | Blogger: ItsMeSwaddle's blog
Maybe naive but couldnt quite believe this.

A friend said have you ever thought about owning a racehorse, then sent me a link of a horse split into 4000 shares.

Doing a bit of digging its £45 a share for 14 months...The horse has just been beaten 12L and 17L in a class 6 and is 56 rated snd 7 years old.

In other words they are trying for 4000 shares x £45, so raising £180K altogether to lease a class6 7yo out for a year.

Should I call the police?

Maybe this is the sort of thing the gambling commision and their review should be poking their nose into?
Pause Switch to Standard View Syndicate SCAMS
Show More
Report jimnast March 4, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
everybody has to eat
Report swiftynifty March 4, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
what's the horse?
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 4, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
T Bone Steaks?
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 4, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
Desert Dream
Report the dealer March 4, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
The owners group?  nice work if you can get it.
Report the dealer March 4, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
Been a few threads about them, an absolute rip off but plenty waiting to part with their money
Report jimnast March 4, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
washed down with something nice dont forget.
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 4, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
Laugh
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 4, 2021 9:58 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2021 -- 9:57PM, the dealer wrote:

Been a few threads about them, an absolute rip off but plenty waiting to part with their money

I'm not against the idea but these shysters really taking the pish.

180K come on now...

Report swiftynifty March 4, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
If they sell the lot(!) and it wins a £3G race that would be 75p.each.
Report the dealer March 4, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
Its only for a year as well, so they can get nearly the same again
Report the dealer March 4, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
Less the discount you get for buying in for a second year CryCry
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 4, 2021 10:14 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2021 -- 9:59PM, swiftynifty wrote:

If they sell the lot(!) and it wins a £3G race that would be 75p.each.

This is by far the funniest thing ive seen on the forum recently LaughLaughLaugh

Report geoff m March 5, 2021 7:43 AM GMT
Ponzi scheme in another format:

Whatever happened to the guys running the high profile syndicate Supreme Racing Club with horses like Kemboy  with Mullins.

They seemed to be creaming plenty off the top.
Report Cantthinkofaclevername March 5, 2021 12:42 PM GMT
That is almost the perfect definition of daylight robbery. You couldn't even go to the races to watch it run (assuming no Covid rules) as the best a racecourse will give to multiple ownerships is 8 badges!
Report stewarts rise March 5, 2021 12:53 PM GMT
People buy the shares as Birthday/Christmas presents for people they know like Horse racing, can't imagine anyone buys a share for themselves.
You can pay £99 for a raceway experience driving a Lambourn or a ferrari for a present, 10 mins round a small track allow you to do about 50mph, same sort of scam really.
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 5, 2021 3:14 PM GMT
I would want a sit on the hoss for 45 minerals.
Report impossible123 March 5, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
I would want to sit on the hoss with 45 shackles. Only joking before any one without an "advance" sos.
Report stewarts rise March 7, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
Anyone know how much a horse named Affwonn changed hands for recently?
Might be a decent horse to buy one of these silly shares in for an interest, just looking through Facebook marketplace and add popped up for this horse amongst a few other nags.
Interesting thing is that although there are 2000 shares available in each horse, they've hardly sold any, 33 the most so if you were to get in quickly must have a very good chance of getting 1 of the 6 tickets available to go racing with the owners.
The other horses are very poor but this is Alex Varian runner who has won its only race to date At Wolverhampton  from  Gosden horse which has won since and the 3rd horse was unlucky in 3rd at Newcastle.
Horse looks a picture and is very well bred,if it hasn't got a problem should make a very decent 1m/1m2fs horse possibly further.
Think was a sheiks horse so probably getting rid of his 3 yo gelded horses, full brother toa horse 2nd at Newbury in  C5 maiden, won on AW nto, rpr 91.
Could be interesting for £55.
Any information who its with now and what they paid?
Report stewarts rise March 7, 2021 1:05 PM GMT
They have valued the horse at 40,000 so I expect bought for a lot less.
Report stewarts rise March 7, 2021 1:34 PM GMT
Found it, bought at the Tattersalls sales on Feb 5th for 20,000 but only 14 shares sold so far, looked at race it won at Wolverhampton, won very nicely, will wait to see when it gets entered again.
Report swiftynifty March 7, 2021 1:36 PM GMT
Just buy a share stew. You can't take it with you!
Report stewarts rise March 7, 2021 1:46 PM GMT
Might well do just for the crack, hopefully will run again at Wolver which is near to me and could well be a decent horse for an interest, best of the other horses they have to syndicate is Jersey Grey to give you an idea of the level of the others.
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 7, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
That sounds a lot more reasonable Stew
Report stewarts rise March 7, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
It's not reasonable but doubt very much they'll ever sell 2000 shares, but less than £60 for a share wouldn't pay a day's training fees, expect they'll end up owning the vast majority of shares themselves, but as I said for a chance of getting into the owners enclosure and parade ring etc, might be worth throwing away £55 or whatever. If it were to win 20k in prize money you'd be lucky to get a tenner back.
Report cardifffc March 7, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
DESERT DREAM is owned by the racing emporium.....Neil channing runs the betting emporium ....any connection??
Report Black Sam Bellamy March 7, 2021 8:05 PM GMT
https://theracingemporium.com/product/desert-dream/

'The share price is £45.00. There will be nothing extra to pay, no matter what costs are incurred during the syndicate period. The capital cost for Desert Dream including commission, transport and vetting, is £13.755 per share. The capital risk is £3.125 per share. Our current management fee is set at £11.12 per share. The all-inclusive racing/training cost is set at £5 per share. The cost for mortality insurance is £2 per share. The Cottam Grange Rehabilitation contribution is £1 per share. The VAT is £9 per share'....'This syndicate is divided into 2800 available of 4000 shares and each share costs £45 (including VAT)'.

So the management fee is twice the training fee. That doesnt represent good value to me, although lots of people might fall for it with the share itself only being 45 quid. But that doesnt tell half the story.
Report Black Sam Bellamy March 7, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
The Easterby's are running this btw.
Report ItsMeSwaddle March 7, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
Should be ashamed in my humble opinion.
Report stewarts rise February 6, 2022 3:37 PM GMT
Thought Affwonn ran a cracking race at Kempton, 1st race back after wind operation.
Report hong kong fooey February 6, 2022 4:05 PM GMT
My children bought me a share in  Copper Queen with The Racing Emporium, xmas 2020.If i
remember right .It ran about six times last year, I think it beat about three horses in
them  half dozen races. Told them to shove the money down the drain last xmas.Angry
Report Rico-Dangleflaps February 6, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
the world is chocka blocka of very nyeve gullabble people..

billions of em.
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 6, 2022 4:12 PM GMT
GC should be having a look imo.
Report FOYLESWAR February 6, 2022 4:18 PM GMT
yes billions of mugs ,not long into the pandemic 4 packs of baked beans, spaghetti, etc buy it now £24 a pack ,i looked through the feedback and amazingly several had been sold with comments like great service ,fast delivery etc ..............one born every minuet ? thousands born every minuet more like!
Report FOYLESWAR February 6, 2022 4:19 PM GMT
on ebay^^^^^
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 6, 2022 4:23 PM GMT
Have to draw the line somewhere.

Everyone has a good idea at the approximate value of a supermarket item.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps February 6, 2022 7:32 PM GMT
try tony hart.
Report impossible123 February 7, 2022 9:04 AM GMT
Skelton allegedly defrauded a group of experienced and business savvy owners by selling a dodgy horse he part-owned which he'd not declared, and a bloodstock agent collected training fee for a dead horse.

If characters above could do it there is something seriously wrong with the sport. Maybe the principal participants in eg trainers, bloodstock agents, etc, ought to be subject to a code of professional conduct punishable by expulsion or a period of ban. Until an appropriate deterrent is introduced and dished out these sharp and unsavoury practices will continue incessantly.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com