Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
glentoby
02 Mar 21 12:28
| Topic/replies: 17,504 | Blogger: glentoby's blog
For whatever reason Billy Liddell and Wondersobright have gone AWOL,still welcome if able to take part.However if anyone fancies taking part please feel free to let us know and I will let Undecided know on a first come first served basis.

Many Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View TWO RECRUITS required for Team...
Show More
Report scrabbler March 2, 2021 1:29 PM GMT
I'll make up the numbers if you are still short.
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
Ok scrabbler,you are welcome to join Tips Out For The Lads,are you familiar with the compy rules etc? If you go to our competitions you can see them on undecideds threads,I will let him know.
Report scrabbler March 2, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
I think I get what is involved. One selection per week posted on undecided's thread. Each week ends on the Saturday.
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 2:16 PM GMT
They should be queuing up to be joining our team with Glentoby Champion Betfair Forum Tipster in Charge.Cool
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
That is about it scrabbler,you can start your's from Sunday,welcome aboard.
Report jamesdean March 2, 2021 2:18 PM GMT
I'll throw my hat in to the ring for something to do if still short
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 2:18 PM GMT
Pressganged Acey!!!Laugh
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
Happy to have you Jamesdean,full team now Acey!!!
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
Happy to have you Jamesdean,full team now Acey!!!
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
You de man Glen !!
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 2:21 PM GMT
Jamesdean? Celtic Supporter ffs.Sad
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 2:26 PM GMT
No worries as long as he tips winners Acey,we could convert him like Mo Johnstone?
Report jamesdean March 2, 2021 2:31 PM GMT
No sectarian abuse acey or will be putting in a grievance Mischief

What's the rules?
Report jamesdean March 2, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
got it

One selection per week posted on undecided's thread. Each week ends on the Saturday.
Report salmon spray March 2, 2021 2:55 PM GMT
Wd glen and acey      Happy
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
Grin
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
My comment about Mo was obviously tongue in cheek and I put an e on the end of his name.I refreshed my memory as jamesdean sparked an interest by his comment about sectarianism.I had early experience of such as my best friend was a Celtic fan and a Catholic whilst I was a proddie and a Gers fan.Events conspired to separate us but left an indelible mark which meant that I have always been non religious,an agnostic as opposed to a denier.

In fact I respect all who have a faith as long as they do not try to convert me be it Catholocism or Islam or any other.The exception in terms of football are Jewish players who refuse to play on Friday evenings or Saturdays but expect to draw wages.

The other I bumped into leaving Ibrox many moons ago,two well dressed,good looking young chaps approached me and asked if I would consider being a Jehova witness,I told them to fook off as I never saw the accident,thought they were CID!!!

Joking apart I had not realised Mo was the first player who had crossed between Celtic and the Gers as a catholic since WW2 and Alfie Conn the first since WW!,never even knew Alfie was a left footer!!!

Just shows,never too old to learn?
Report jamesdean March 2, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
Think Souness put an end to it when he was in charge
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 6:11 PM GMT
Got my first footballing medal from John Greig James,same day as Doug Rougvie.He hated Catholics so included myself,different social spectrums tbf but confirmed my opinion of bigotry at an early age. Schools only 30 miles apart but attitudes seemingly continents.
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
John Greig wee Wullie Henderson them were the Day's Glen.Happy
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 10:32 PM GMT
Willie Johnstone was a cousin of my mums,as much as this might choke you wee Jimmy J was one of may fav wingers? Kai,Billy R in goal and yet Ronnie Simpson?  I just loved the game Acey,I cared not about religion etc!!!!

I actually have the Lisbon Lions book and very proud of that team!!! Despite being a true blue bear,age mellows you imvho?
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
Ever been in the Saracens Head Acey?
Report acey deucy March 2, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Naw never Glen.
Report glentoby March 2, 2021 10:44 PM GMT
I still visit Markinch when getting home,went to the Rememb Sunday service in 2009 and then onto the hospital in Kirkaldy and then Starks Park.

Might seem a strange tour,but it is what it is!!!! Last time in Scotland before coming here as far as I remember.Been back a few times since but that was my last artery severed in leaving the UK.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com