Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foxy top
01 Mar 21 14:27
| Topic/replies: 9,685 | Blogger: foxy top's blog
he just sat on it, in France they eat them.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 88
By:
workrider
When: 01 Mar 21 14:29
Foxy Top, a very good point but the hounds on here smell blood . Someone wants him closed down otherwise why release a photo now that they obviously had for years
By:
jmdc
When: 01 Mar 21 14:34
I thought the horse Morgan died in 2019 wr?
By:
hulk23
When: 01 Mar 21 14:36
foxy has set the benchmark for cruelty at killing.  anything below that is acceptable.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 01 Mar 21 14:37
imagine sitting on your grandad after funeral before burial
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 14:38
not really, it was distasteful but cruel, really ?!
By:
yer ma
Most people eat cows but farmers do not sit on dead cows grinning.  You can argue about the proportionate punishment but excusing behaviour with silly comparisons is stupid.
By:
ALIEN SEX FIEND
Bait
By:
hello :-)
When: 01 Mar 21 14:39
foxy top 01 Mar 21 15:27 
he just sat on it, in France they eat them.

"it" was a very recently deceased horse , no matter your take on racing or animals its life was worth a lot more than to be used as a sofa to pose for pictures
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 01 Mar 21 14:39
Although he's had a shocker i have to agree that peoples reactions are over the top.
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 14:40
xmoneyx

I never had the chance, what was it like for you ?!
By:
differentdrum
Idiot thread.
By:
workrider
Hulk what exactly do you consider to be cruel about that photo just asking .
By:
differentdrum
When: 01 Mar 21 14:41
If you can't work that out for yourself I would give up.
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Mar 21 14:41
peoples reactions over the top
possible at least 4 fancied horses not least odds on fav next arkle not been at chelt

biggest story in racing in 20 years
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 14:43

it was waiting to be buried, they sit on live horses so why not dead ones ?!
By:
When: 01 Mar 21 14:44
theres totally nothing wrong with the pic workrider if you dont care about the passing of one of your own
By:
yer ma
When: 01 Mar 21 14:44
You obvs know your stuff in the industry WR - its not cruel to the animal but if you follow the narrative (which I do) that his staff love their horses then the lad/lass who did this horse and was probably riding it out a few mins ago....I'd say thats a pretty cruel/callous thing to do.   Personally I think the worse punishment here should be taken by owners - they'll decide if was just a massive prck on this one occasion or more generally.  O'leary's world view isn't the same as most peoples
By:
WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER
When: 01 Mar 21 14:45
Unfortunately , people within racing have no perception or understanding of the outside world , because they are on a 24 hour 7 day a week treadmill. Elliot's explanation hasn't helped him one bit. I was distracted by a phonecall" . If he was distracted by a phonecall he would not have been pulling a v-sign/peace sign and posing for the camera. He would have been concentrating on the phone call.
Elliot has always come over as a bit of an uneducated slob, bordering on cha. No surprise the O'Leary's are standing by him, but no way Cheveley Park will keep there horses with him , especially when this is all over the news and tabloid press tomorrow.
By:
When: 01 Mar 21 14:46
probably out of respect foxy
By:
EVILROYSLADE
When: 01 Mar 21 14:47
Typical of the society we live in today. They will be hanging GE upside down in the centre of town next, so that imbeciles with pink hair can flog him with twigs! He wasn't exactly stood with his foot on the poor horse with a rifle in his hand, posing for the photoshoot!
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 01 Mar 21 14:48
User1st time poster • March 1, 2021 2:41 PM GMT
peoples reactions over the top
possible at least 4 fancied horses not least odds on fav next arkle not been at chelt

biggest story in racing in 20 years.

Im talking about people's reactions to what elliot has done, specifically those calling for a lifetime ban.

The horses you've mentioned will be running at Cheltenham.
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 14:48
Prince Andrew didn't get as much coverage on here as this has, way over the top.
By:
hulk23
When: 01 Mar 21 14:50
He wasn't exactly stood with his foot on the poor horse with a rifle in his hand, posing for the photoshoot!

if he had been, guarantee there would still be some on here defending him ...
By:
sparrow
Prince Andrew Laugh
By:
1st time poster
racing been hoisted by its own petard here
absolutely brain dead to try and convince /lie to people that a derby fav at AOB get,s treated the same as some 13 yr old selling plater at a yard in yorkshire/lanc for example
which is what they want you to believe,better to fess up and in like every other form of live theirs good owners/trainers etc and bad ones,
and if you dont you get judged by the bad apples as been the norm
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 01 Mar 21 14:51
Biggest racing story for 20 years, behave yourself ffs.
By:
WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER
When: 01 Mar 21 14:52
No one is saying he did kill the horse. I think you need to "get a grip" Foxy, if you can't see the greater implications of this , you may be better off commenting on Gaelic Netball.
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 01 Mar 21 14:52
I'm sure if he'd have held his hands up and apologised people might be more forgiving but looks like he's employed Cummings as his PR man with his lame excuse

""I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished."

Most A&E departments get more convincing stories removing foreign objects out of people's backsides I'd imagine.
By:
sageform
When: 01 Mar 21 14:58
Apologies if you are squeamish but the knacker would have put a chain round its legs or neck and winched it into the van. We don't want pictures of that on social media either.
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 14:59
WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER

no, people like you should get a grip,

YES IT WAS A DISTASTEFUL thing to do but that's all it is,

he did not kill the horse or mistreat it, just mistreated your feelings !
By:
workrider
When: 01 Mar 21 15:05
Exactly Foxy , its a feelings thing , must feel they have to express them and rightly so if they are offended as I was by the photo ,it was not nice but to get into a possible hanging offence style thread that's seen on here is way over the top. Nobody is condoning him sitting on a dead horse .
By:
Vince_Bluett
When: 01 Mar 21 15:21
"He did not kill the horse or mistreat it"

Says who? The person who claimed he accidentally sat down on the horse, accidently smiled for the camera and inadvertently made a "Give us two minutes" sign look like a "peace" sign?

Some people think the horse looks to have been in a poor condition just before death.
By:
workrider
When: 01 Mar 21 15:24
Vince , I'd get that deleted right away , no matter what you think of him hinting that he might have been compliant in the horses death is inviting libel...
By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 15:24
Vince_Bluett

quick, get on Twitter and raise your concerns, I am sure they'd be knocking on the door asking you for your insight !
By:
jimjoelsdog
When: 01 Mar 21 15:27
Regarding the eating of horse meat, do you not think that if Gordon wasn't so fond of potatoes there would be enough room on his plate for a 5 or six slices of sofa?
By:
workrider
When: 01 Mar 21 15:32
jim, I'm sure he wouldn't get a look in if You were at the table...Laugh
By:
Vince_Bluett
When: 01 Mar 21 15:34

Mar 1, 2021 -- 9:24AM, foxy top wrote:

Vince_Bluettquick, get on Twitter and raise your concerns, I am sure they'd be knocking on the door asking you for your insight !

I'm not claiming to have any insight. I'm just questioning whether you can be 100% certain that somebody is telling the truth about one matter if you have doubts about whether they were telling the truth about another matter.

By:
foxy top
When: 01 Mar 21 15:39
that's the beauty of internet nowadays, you don't need my input, you can be judge, jury and executioner all in one by yourself, and that includes every one who uses Twitter and suchlike !
By:
stewarts rise
When: 01 Mar 21 15:58
I tend to agree with Foxy and Workrider, although this picture is in very bad taste and deeply regrettable, there is nothing to suggest the horse had been mistreated or abused in any way.
Unfortunately the comments made by a lot of people on here are doing the animal rights activists job for them.
I was looking through Colin Tizard website/blog the other day and looked at the reviews, all of them were positive, how well horses were looked after, get the best of everything, loved by the staff etc.
There was just one negative post, saying horses were treated dreadfully etc, I knew before looking that it would be from an animal rights campaigner, and surely enough clicking on her Facebook page there she was with her name and picture and underneath Animal Rights Activist.
Elliott has made an error of judgement, a mistake, don't let them ruin our sport over it.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com