Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
01 Mar 21 09:43
| Topic/replies: 30,694 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Anyone who has been around horses will know that the sight of a dead horse is horrific , to actually sit on one is beyond belief , so it begs the question did Gordon deliberately sit on it. I for one don't believe he did. I think he was caught off guard and sat down out of sadness , when you lose a horse on the gallops its shattering and mind numbing and the thoughts of ringing a owner to tell him the news can completely throw  you .I'd say this picture shows him about to ring the owner to break the news . I wouldn't know Gordon on a personal basis but anytime I have spoken to him his kindness is never far from the surface , his love for his horses are well known in racing circles,  for anyone to think he would do harm to his horses simply don't know what they are talking about...Someone has a vendetta against him that's for sure..
Show More
Report workrider March 1, 2021 11:23 AM GMT
Cosmic, I fully agree Gordon should step down till this is over , I did NOT condone MO and kidnapping, in fact I stated in my reply to Truehocho who was pro Mo, that it was shocking and he should be ashamed of himself.
Report 1st time poster March 1, 2021 11:35 AM GMT
this forum shows why racing will always be a minority sport and if it cant stand alone worts on all without itv,racing channels,plunkett and co painting an alice n wonderland portrait of trhe sport it will wither on the vine
to think people onhere still trying to defend the photo
people willing to believe the ridiculous excuse which unbelievably is the best they could come up with in 25hrs
and posters on here with their head that far up their own arris 500 pposts ago questioning what relevance this has on chelt/national.cant believe people are that dim they cant join the giant dots
Report truehoncho March 1, 2021 11:38 AM GMT
JImnast its my opinion and surely I am entitled to it --  Funny when I gave my opinion on Shk Mo you called me despicable and hoped all my horses would get minimum bid at the sales. Double standards I think.
Report jimnast March 1, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
A very bad day for horse racing other than the rare occasion a jockey is killed I can not remember a worse one
Report cardifffc March 1, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
workrider...i was thought and hoping it was a fake.....you are just wrong ....what gordon did is just wrong and should never train or look after a horse ever again
Report howard March 1, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
I bet there's a few presenters on tv that will refuse to interview him again.
Report HistoricWarwick March 1, 2021 12:19 PM GMT
To start a new topic and state that says everything about the OP and nothing about the subject matter. Pathetic post but probably just what he/she wanted.
Report slickster March 1, 2021 12:26 PM GMT
Exactly. Wonky has always been an attention seeker. There are enough threads already on this sorry subject. 11 eggs short of the dozen I'm afraid.
Report thelatarps March 1, 2021 12:28 PM GMT
Someone on the main GE thread has suggested that the pic was leaked on to social media from within the yard..

I have always wondered about the success of Elliott.
He came to prominence with SIlver Birch, a horse that had won a Welsh Grand National with Paul Nic.
You could say he got lucky and that PFN did all the hard yards, or GE resurrected the horse.. Hard to prove either way.

What clearly made him was the fact that Willie Mullins and Gigginstown had an almighty fallingout over training fees.
It was if Michael O'Leary said
'Well up yours Mullins, I am taking all your horses off you and giving them to Elliott. Now lets see who ends up Irish Trainers Champion.'
It was an odd choice as Giggy seemed to spread their horses around evenly with Meade, Morris and De Bromhead equal partners, at least.
Elliott almost pulled it off the first year (2017) but the fact that Mullins has barely been troubled by Elliott since tells me that Elliotts failure to knock WPM off his perch is a pretty big failing.

Put it this way if i was employed by O'Leary in this situation I should think that becoming champion trainer would be a pre requisite of the job description.
This failure and now this photo seems to me to point to a lack of savvy, a bit of street smarts, of racing industry intelligence if you want.

Maybe GE is just unlucky with his staff, leaking this dreadful photo.
But to me on tv he has the always had the look of someone over promoted at work. He's at the top table but doesnt know why.
Mullins is very shrewd, perfect politician. Never says anything wrong, tips his trilby and always gracious.
PFN has his Sir alex ferguson/alistair campbell thing going on. He puts his point of view out there but is usually courteous.
Hendo is a people manager who hasnt got where he was without being able to charm everyone from HMQueen to AP McCoy.

Couple of months ago Kevin Blake wrote a gushing piece saying how Elliott was getting ready for life without Gigginstown, as they have stopped investing in young horses.
I thought at the time, 'yeah right Kev'. Once O'Leary goes we will probably not be hearing much of the name Gordon Elliott. If GE gets through the other side of this scandal and remains at the top, then I am wrong. Somehow I doubt it tho.
Report howard March 1, 2021 12:47 PM GMT
excellent post
Report thelatarps March 1, 2021 12:50 PM GMT
cheers howard, appreciate it
Report scaredmoney March 1, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
A brilliant post from thelatarps
Report thelatarps March 1, 2021 1:04 PM GMT
thanks scared, means a lot
Report ProSniper March 1, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
Crap post tarpsy.
Report Bentring March 1, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
Yes apart from where Mullins had a falling out over fees.
I would imagine he told Eddie to let me train them or train them yourself
Report GEORGE.B March 1, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
GLASGOWCALLING01 Mar 21 12:06
... Lucky he did drop bombs or you wouldnt be posting on here now making such farcical comments.

Not true, bombing innocent German people in their homes made little, if any, difference to the outcome or length of the war.
Report posy March 1, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
Those casting aspersions as to GE's intelligence (or lack of ) are probably not far off the mark as from all accounts he  stopped going to school at an early age and notwithstanding the obvious success he has achieved in life his basic instincts are probably those of an unrefined ,uneducated,coarse man. I doubt there's much sentimentality in his life and his stupidity in allowing the photo to be taken ,clearly as a bit of a laugh , is not perhaps surprising. I doubt he will be welcomed at the top table in future.
Report onlooker March 1, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
posy - That ties in with what I was told after the Silver Birch National success - when many were asking,  'who is he?' -
- that somebody had to do his Entries for him  - as he could not read or write.
Report workrider March 1, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
What clearly made him was the fact that Willie Mullins and Gigginstown had an almighty fallingout over training fees.Well you got that right thelatarps, so the first thing is it was about MONEY..
'Well up yours Mullins, I am taking all your horses off you and giving them to Elliott. Now lets see who ends up Irish Trainers Champion.'
It was an odd choice as Giggy seemed to spread their horses around evenly with Meade, Morris and De Bromhead equal partners, at least.
Elliott almost pulled it off the first year (2017) but the fact that Mullins has barely been troubled by Elliott since tells me that Elliotts failure to knock WPM off his perch is a pretty big failing.

Put it this way if i was employed by O'Leary in this situation I should think that becoming champion trainer would be a pre requisite of the job description.
This failure and now this photo seems to me to point to a lack of savvy, a bit of street smarts, of racing industry intelligence if you want.
How in Gods name does been champion trainer become a MOL must! a stupid statement if ever there was one. MOL is only interested in results and money and how to spend less of it. Gordon gave him in spades what Willie couldn't , Gold Cups G.Nationals not one but several of each . Thats the reason O'Leary stayed loyal nothing to do with him been champion trainer .
Report workrider March 1, 2021 1:36 PM GMT
It sounds to me that most on here must have gone to UNI by the remarks been made about Elliot , instead of praising  a guy who freely admits he has difficulty reading and writing and to reach such heights is amazing to say the least . He is an example of working class people making good without the help of the school tie, a remarkable achievement many should aspire to , it seems to me that jealousy is rearing its ugly head .
Report loper March 1, 2021 1:38 PM GMT
Workrider,

with all due respect, stop digging.

What has intelligence got to do with empathy?
Report onlooker March 1, 2021 1:41 PM GMT
workrider  -

As ever - You are defending one of the 'Home Team' to the hilt - and in Spades.

Put your shovel away.

Your Jingoism is  both irrational, and knows no bounds.
Report howard March 1, 2021 1:45 PM GMT
But seeing most top trainers have excellent ( private )  schooling /education   Gosden , Henderson , Johnston  to name just a few. People like Elliot might think what they have to offer is graft and fun. But be very  careful because the likes of Paul Nicholls won't ever feel the need to be in the comedy club I'm sure of that.
Report hulk23 March 1, 2021 1:45 PM GMT
racing people look after racing people.  ala workrider.
Report KiddyKid March 1, 2021 1:49 PM GMT
No excuse for that photo. I worked in racing for over 30 yrs and sadly have seen plenty of fatalities. Ive seen lots of sadness , tears and cradling of the poor Horses head have never seen anybody sit on one while having a photo like some big game hunter.  Absolutely no excuse.
Report workrider March 1, 2021 1:50 PM GMT
onlooker, I am defending a mans right to be seen to be innocent until proving guilty , ye Brits have been known to make  mistakes in this department or am I incorrect there ? . People have been hurt by this photo of that I am aware as have I , but rushing to find someone guilty  before  all the facts are in place I leave in your capable hands..
Report slickster March 1, 2021 1:51 PM GMT
Make that 12 eggs short of a dozen. Such clueless stupidity from the wonk.
Report slickster March 1, 2021 1:53 PM GMT
He has ADMITTED his guilt wonky ffs. Go back go bed.
Report geoff m March 1, 2021 1:54 PM GMT
Workrider "Innocent until proven guilty."

I think admitting he did it might be a clue to his guilt?? Dont you??
Report truehoncho March 1, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
onlooker, I am defending a mans right to be seen to be innocent until proving guilty  ---  You seem to think Shk Mo is guilty and should be thrown out of British racing. I haven't the court case.
Report howard March 1, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
Betfair were quick to make the right decision. Correct workrider ?
Report geoff m March 1, 2021 1:55 PM GMT
What other evidence are you expecting to come to light .Giver yer head a wobble man.
Report onlooker March 1, 2021 2:06 PM GMT
workrider 01 Mar 21 14:50 

onlooker, I am defending a mans right to be seen to be innocent until proving guilty , ye Brits have been known to make  mistakes in this department or am I incorrect there ? . People have been hurt by this photo of that I am aware as have I , but rushing to find someone guilty  before  all the facts are in place I leave in your capable hands..
--------------

For Goodness Sake -  workrider

You are more than PROVING MY POINT - about 'blind' Irish support for 'THEIR OWN' ....

Whatever the circumstances.   ....

-  including the defending of the horrendous regime of the Nuns over the unmarried girls giving Birth.

An overwhelming example - if ever their was one.  Cry
Report workrider March 1, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
Nothing of the sort onlooker , its YOU that seems to have a blind spot , I defend the right of any man to his innocence unlike your good self it seems , I wouldn't care if he was Pakistani English etc so long as he's given the right to have the FULL facts placed before your firing squad , it seems the O'learys have spoke to him and they said that his horse husbandry is brilliant ,again unlike yourself they know the man many years and have had dealings with him maybe you have been in his stables and seen stuff that's not to your liking ,please let us know asap if you have, or are you just someone who dislikes the man for his birth place , you always seem to me to have your quill at the ready when something Irish that you don't like..Howard 100% right , how could it be otherwise...
Report Emitdeb March 1, 2021 2:34 PM GMT
Just shows.. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Thug.
Report thelatarps March 1, 2021 2:41 PM GMT
FWIW i did go to uni but cr@pped out, owing to being too thick.

Sorry if my observations of GE give offence but that photo speaks of a man who seems to be surrounded by his mates and unable to separate himself where leadership is required.

And I am sorry, again.
If Michael O'Leary takes all his horses off Mullins and gives them to you, and doesnt give ANY to Meade (former champion), Mouse Morris (Gold Cup and Grand National Trainer) nor Bromhead (Mult G1 winner) then to my eyes He is pretty much saying to you..'Go and win the championship'.
Its sort of like when Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys sacked Jimmy Johnson as head coach and gave it to Barry Switzer, who hadnt been involved in coaching for about 5 years. The boss is saying, I am the reason for success. I can play god. I can make anyone the champion.
Given the behaviour of MOL in the public sphere, I dont think thats an unreasonable view of events...
Report onlooker March 1, 2021 2:47 PM GMT
Good point - thelatarps.

Michael O'Leary obviously had his ego damaged with the Willie situation - So, like all self-centred people, he wanted revenge.
Report ProSniper March 1, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Crap post x2 tarpsy.
Report workrider March 1, 2021 2:52 PM GMT
What a load of tosh onlooker , O'Leary cares about money nothing else apart from his family and money I'd say the guy cares less about his ego than he does about your opinion of Elliot, Thelatarps, Henry and Noel still get horses from him, maybe that Uni education caused you to miss that...
Report thelatarps March 1, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
Well
I aint gonna win with you WR am I?
Just gonna have to disagree to disagree..
respect your opinion tho..

As for you sniper.
You are well named.
If you got nothing to add apart from senseless posting then you can do one.
P0nce
Report ProSniper March 1, 2021 3:08 PM GMT
Excellent post tarpsy.
Report workrider March 1, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
3 Winners so far today.
Report Nogoody March 1, 2021 3:50 PM GMT
I backed Envoi Allen @ 8/1 for the Marsh and now I want my stake back as I don't wish to be associated with that stable, how can I do this ?
Report workrider March 1, 2021 3:51 PM GMT
Burn your ticket simple ,or give it to a charity of your choice now there's an idea..
Report kavvie March 1, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
ill kindly take it off you as an act of charity nogoody!!
Report robo March 1, 2021 3:56 PM GMT
This is a terrific thread , it didn’t take too long for work rider to show all on sundry what kind of a total fool he actually is . He singlehandedly closed down the Irish forum with his persistent posting of absolute shiite. He can be a nasty little runt too when needs be , but basically he is a complete and utter ginnit , and threads like this prove it . Sat down out of sadness and a face like he just won the euro millions. As for speaking to Elliott , guaranteed he has never spoken to him in his life , the guy used to be following Noel Meade around the tracks in Ireland at one stage as well . Noel thought he was the bird o Donnell
Report jimnast March 1, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
i will give you your stake money for it nogoody
Report penzance March 1, 2021 4:15 PM GMT
you can cash out if done online,probably.
At the end of the day you backed the horse
not the stable.
Or as said let the bet ride and if he runs and
wins give your returns to a good cause.
Report paul the b March 1, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
GE you are an absolute disgrace to the sport. I cannot for the life of me understand what you were thinking of.
No excuses can defend this atrocious act......imo you should be banned for at least 6 months.
Every death deserves respect......you appear to have shown none at all.
Perhaps you need bringing down a peg or two......anyway you and that cocky slimy rat MO deserve each other.
Workrider.....on this occasion you have misjudged the situation.
Report workrider March 1, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
Paul everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, the fact remains he SAT on a dead horse , he did not hit or kick it he simply SAT on it and no matter how distasteful that is ,and I agree fully it is terrible to see it, it was not a act of cruelty it was simple stupidity on his behalf .
Report slickster March 1, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
No we'll leave the hitting to russell. Another ignorant specimen.
Report Racingqueen March 1, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
I think he was caught off guard and sat down out of sadness

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report metro john March 1, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
People act strange with loss
Report slickster March 1, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
It's typical wonky racingqueen. Clueless and naive from top to bottom.
Report Racingqueen March 1, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
Elliott so far as I can see has done nothing majorly wrong. Its a terrible optic but there was no actual animal abuse involved.

The horse died. it happens. There may have been a bit of black/gallows humour involved to lighten the mood amongst the staff or work rider involved.
Report metro john March 1, 2021 6:03 PM GMT
-+He could have been resuscitating the poor creature who knows what, and his phone goes????? We could get a movie out of this.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 1, 2021 6:06 PM GMT
All you have to do is look at the mans previous associates and look at how he treats other people, we all know he didn't kill the horse but it shows he didn't really give a toss that the horse had died, that much is clear...
He's a tramp and the optics are terrible, the authorities have a decision to make is the optics of this brining the sport into disrepute and deserving of a ban or not
Report in hell March 1, 2021 6:24 PM GMT
Would be amazed if Chevelely Park didn't take the horses away after this, regardless of the outcome.

Who would want to associated with that photo and get behind him, the bloke is more or less finished
Report 1st time poster March 1, 2021 6:31 PM GMT
they lead busy lives but you,d have thought after that trophy hunter incident,GE or someone connected would have said remember that photo lets get rid,maybe they did and one slipped through the net
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 1, 2021 6:33 PM GMT

sounds like the work of person that wrote the " Fork Handles " script. !! Laugh
Report Racingqueen March 1, 2021 6:51 PM GMT
wonks......genuine thanks for the best laugh I've had in a LONG time

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report truehoncho March 1, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
they lead busy lives but you,d have thought after that trophy hunter incident,GE or someone connected would have said remember that photo lets get rid,maybe they did and one slipped through the net  --  It's such a surreal picture. It could be some comedy image off a Blazing Saddles film  or some sick modern art picture in the Tate Gallery. All the eyes move with you! When you look at it you will never forget it and his inane psychopathic grin and v sign. What he did was of questionable seriousness but the image of it is a little haunting to tell the truth. In this age of social media it may just be too much for him to overcome. Whether he was off guard or not I am coming to the conclusion it's pretty impossible for him to continue in the way he has. It would take a inspired PR campaign to get over that image,
Report workrider March 1, 2021 7:16 PM GMT
It appears some on here are so perfect they don't fart in public!
Report robo March 1, 2021 7:18 PM GMT
The thread of the year should be awarded to this one , without a shadow of a doubt . As someone said earlier , you’d think that wannkrider is taking the pisss only for the fact that people on the Irish forum have seen this kind of material before . He really is a legend in fairness to him .
Report slickster March 1, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
Yep yet another classic from the forum idiot. He hasn't lost it. Shouldn't be giving out to wonky I suppose. He really is absolute comedy gold. Cheers wonks..
Report robo March 1, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
He certainly hasn’t lost it is right slickster . This one is right up there with his best ones , and as you know , he’s had some toppers .
Report workrider March 1, 2021 7:53 PM GMT
They say talking to yourself is a sign of madness , been proved on this thread same guy talking to himself , several user names same guy..
Report slickster March 1, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
Wonky getting confused again. Robo he thinks I'm you and you're me!!!! Stop it wonks you have me in stitches. Truly, you are some character.
Report robo March 1, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
That’s the age old chestnut that they all use , when they are getting stick , they pretend that everyone giving it to them is the one person . They think that only one person can think they are an idiot , so everyone is the same person . He used that one before a few times , the old wonkatonk. I wonder how the wildmanfromborbeo is getting on ?, I assume he’s not still down in thurles hiding from the wonker
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:05 PM GMT
A daily positive from Robo.
Denis O Regan is the same all his career , trying to be clever when there’s no need for it . The best horse lost but Denis looked good acting the bolllix
Report slickster March 1, 2021 8:06 PM GMT
Oh yeah the wildman. He was NEVER wrong. Used to put up with the wonk out of pity. Wonky liked him though. Think he has his number!
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
9 races so far today decided by good and bad jockyship
robo
robo
Date Joined: 04 Nov 06
Add contact | Send message
26 Feb 21 18:14Joined: 04 Nov 06 | Topic/replies: 9,878 | Blogger: robo's blog
Momella  great ride by sean Bowen , poor by Gavin Sheehan
Tea Time on Mars , the worst of the day by Lucy Gardiner , absolutely pathetic
Top Of the bill , the usual knobb effort by Mark Grant , any competent rider would have won
Eyes ridden dreadfully by Lewis Edmunds , should have won easily , but got hampered on numerous occasions
Bardd , page fuller did a lot right but then undid all the good work by letting the winner up her inside
Espoir Du Guye was ridden dreadfully by Brian Hughes , got shuffled back at a vital stage , should have won
Eaton Miller got a terrific ride by Caoilin Quinn , with others in the race refusing to pass it when they could
Blue Cable and Rossa Ryan should have won 5 lengths but managed to get beat
Johnny Peate on swooper , what a race he lost , fell out of the stalls and then got murdered
It just goes to show how difficult it is to win back winners when roughly 25% of the results are not what they should be
reportblock user|
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
robo01 Mar 21 15:28Joined: 04 Nov 06 | Topic/replies: 1,162 | Blogger: robo's blog
Done the right thing my arrse, the horse was nowhere near where the horses were going to be running . Absolute disgrace the race was voided , it’s no wonder the game is fukked, when it’s run by such cretins . To top it all the token black man on ATR is saying what a wonderful decision it was to call off the race
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:12 PM GMT
robo01 Mar 21 16:00Joined: 04 Nov 06 | Topic/replies: 1,162 | Blogger: robo's blog
How was the hurdle unjumpable ? , it needed to be hammered into the ground , that’s all that was needed .
JBNAY , If there was no betting , they’d be no sport
Alien , everyone knows Apiafi is on the channel to pacify the Black Lives Matter brigade , much the same as there are token women on every sports channel who should be doing the ironing , the bulk of them are screaming clueless clowns .
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:14 PM GMT
Loves everyone does our Robo ...Always positive and good humoured ...Laugh
Report robo March 1, 2021 8:15 PM GMT
Wankrider , get into bed ya clown , don’t be making a complete prikk of yer self . How’s the Greek fella that was living with ye at one stage ? , is he still around the place ?
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:18 PM GMT
His true colours there for all to see, this guy comes with a health warning as many on here are starting to find out , but don't be to cruel to the guy he has whats known as mental issues..
Report robo March 1, 2021 8:20 PM GMT
Says the chap who has spent half his non working life ( 25 years roughly ) in and out of straight jackets
Report workrider March 1, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
robo26 Feb 21 21:00Joined: 04 Nov 06 | Topic/replies: 1,165 | Blogger: robo's blog
Most flat jockeys are little runts, a fair share of them are the dregs of society .
he's such a nice person really...Laugh
Report robo March 1, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
I never claimed to be nice wankrider, I’m not here to make friends .
Report slickster March 1, 2021 8:35 PM GMT
On a serious note wonky - and I know I'm going to regret asking this - what punishment, if any, would you be dishing out to elliott?
Report robo March 1, 2021 8:42 PM GMT
Tie him to a bed and let the hairy Greek ride the hole off him .
Report howard March 2, 2021 10:51 AM GMT
Now a jock that rode a festival winner for him last year same act.
Report Racingqueen March 2, 2021 11:32 AM GMT
If I caught a Tuna in the sea and stood proudly with my now dead fish, am I not worse than what Elliott did?

Its not like Elliot murdered the horse ffs but I definitely murdered than fish

We live in the most moronic society ever.

As one tweeter said, we now place more value on a horse who died naturally than unborn babies aborted so their parents don't have to deal with an inconveniance
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2021 11:33 AM GMT
the uks newest sport
WHATABOUTERY

FFS FOOOOK OFF
Report Racingqueen March 2, 2021 11:37 AM GMT
Only people upset are morons who develop an emotional attachment to a specific set of animals (Horses, Dogs etc...)

Horses are eaten in Italy. Worse than what Elliott did?

He took a stupid photo end of.
Report ProSniper March 2, 2021 3:08 PM GMT
Given that they're using these animals for financial gain + social elevation, is it really difficult to understand why the conduct of "professional" trainers towards the gifts that is given them is more concerning than morons in foreign countries serving them for dinner?? All trainers are asked to do is treat the beautiful beasts with the greatest of care..and show them the god damn respect they deserve(This includes their lifeless bodies)

Reasonable people can and will forgive him this particular "moment of madness"..but this image can never be deleted. It will remain a piece of gross baggage he can never ever shake off.

And I'd suggest the frenzy surrounding him and the strong overall reaction to that incredibly gloomy image has nothing at all to do with the severity of the crime, but more to do with the fact it's the conduct of such a head figure within the industry..and a person who professes to "love" the beasts. For this person to be seen posing in such a callous manner brings about an intensified level of horror.
Report posy March 2, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
Good post ProSniper ;sums up the position well ;however I'd add that the outrage is also because the sport of horse racing is tarnished by association with the buffoon.
Report ProSniper March 2, 2021 3:41 PM GMT
Indeed posy. The sport has rotten PR as it is Plain The last thing it needs is one of its most hi-profile names acting in such a vile manner.
Report Racingqueen March 2, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
All trainers are asked to do is treat the beautiful beasts with the greatest of care..

They do.

and show them the god damn respect they deserve

They do

(This includes their lifeless bodies)

What do you expect him to do.....Mourn? Have a wake for the f**king horse?
Throw him in a coffin and have 6 workriders lower him 6 foot under whilst sobbing and throwing bouquets in after?
He could go around for a year wearing black maybe

He works in a major racing facility and probably deals with horse deaths in the double figures each year. Its comical how deluded some people are to realities of racing.

Animal cruelty in racing should be treated with the most severe punishment but this nothing of the like.

He'll get a ban for bringing racing into disrepute. Theres zero cruelty shown here.
Report hello :-) March 2, 2021 4:00 PM GMT
no one ever said it was animal cruelty RQ , the horse was dead it wasnt capable of suffering further
Report hello :-) March 2, 2021 4:01 PM GMT
Racingqueen 02 Mar 21 12:37 
Only people upset are morons who develop an emotional attachment to a specific set of animals (Horses, Dogs etc...)

that would be correct i imagine
Report mandarin March 2, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
What a plonker!
Report hello :-) March 2, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
its just my opinion mandarin
Report Racingqueen March 2, 2021 4:22 PM GMT
Anyone ever sat on a leather couch?......sorry to say I've got some heartbreaking news for you Laugh
Report Racingqueen March 2, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
no one ever said it was animal cruelty RQ , the horse was dead it wasnt capable of suffering further

So what were they saying/whinging about?
Report hello :-) March 2, 2021 4:32 PM GMT
i get that

tho your couch likely wasnt still warm or had a string of entries 20 mins previous
Report impossible123 March 2, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
I think who he is and what he does for a living have overtaken the subject matter ie the degree of cruelty to the dead horse. I understand it's bad pr for the sport, but I've known worse. Nevertheless, what he did was inexcusable.

I'd like to see a reassessment and focus more on the "crime" itself (on a dead horse) and punishment dished out accordingly. But, please do not make it worse than it's already is eg a witch hunt as I'm sure worse have happened in and out of the sport or on the track with living or dead horses.
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
thats the point we all no unpalatable things go on in yards but for racing to carry on in 2021 people in racing have to tell lies turn a blind eye and pretend its like my little pony
even today journo,s pundits wont admit racing,s a tough business and things happen the public wouldnt like
as newsboy said at dinner time the public give racing a pass and allow sky to show it on the strength of horses been looked after,they dont cover **** fighting on sky because public wont wear it in 2021
Report A_T March 2, 2021 5:59 PM GMT
yes racing is tolerated because the public trust that the horses are respected and well looked-after - GE's antics shatter that illusion
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com