Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cash Is King
28 Feb 21 09:07
| Topic/replies: 1,339 | Blogger: Cash Is King's blog
43 years of age and multiple champion jockey but still rides like he’s only just starting out on far too many occasions, particularly over fences.

No idea what he was thinking at Kempton yesterday in the 3m grade 3 handicap chase when he set a suicidal pace on Mellow Ben. Can’t imagine the trainer was too happy with the ride.
Pause Switch to Standard View Dickie Johnson still riding like a...
Show More
Report Storm Alert February 28, 2021 12:34 PM GMT
Always been the same. Clearly an accomplished horseman, but absolutely no judge of pace and all strength no finesse which some horses just can't handle. Also I think being associated with Hobbs has not helped in recent years as I swear they can't be schooling novice chases given how many of them start out as though they have never seen a fence.
Report Clerkmore February 28, 2021 6:05 PM GMT
What do you mean by "Far too many occasions."? All the time! It really is embarrassing watching him.

As for Storm Alert's comment, I would say the problem is that Johnson is schooling them. You wouldn't put him up on a novice unless you were mad. I think the penny is dropping for most trainers. He has usually two or three rides nowadays per meeting.
Report impossible123 February 28, 2021 6:29 PM GMT
What's he claiming now? 3lbs? Or is he getting a mare's allowance?
Report Trusty March 3, 2021 5:28 AM GMT
Stats back it up:

Last 14 days
Wins: 1Rides: 27(4%)
Since win jumps: 19 rides 11 days

Time to retire, doesn't need the money and ambition gone.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com