Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lezbet
24 Feb 21 11:17
| Topic/replies: 109 | Blogger: lezbet's blog
Well done Boris- what an absolute cretin!
Pause Switch to Standard View Amateurs deprived of competing at...
Show More
Report sageform February 24, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
How do you write legislation that bans a bunch of Sunday morning footballers from playing but allow amateurs to ride in a race? It seems crazy to racing fans but I can see the problem.
Report the.mad.dog.man February 24, 2021 12:26 PM GMT
there will be amateurs at cheltenham they are called stewards
Report sparrow February 24, 2021 12:27 PM GMT
Amateurs don't rely on Racing for a living.
Report lezbet February 24, 2021 1:40 PM GMT
It’s a professional sport regardless of amateurs or not. He’s an inconsiderate pillock at the end of the day with his patronising statements of what we’re allowed to do and not do.
P.s.  1/20 he never had covid and/or needed hospital treatment.
Report jinxy February 24, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
And most professionals don`t  need the money , amateurs tend to try alot harder !
Report sageform February 25, 2021 8:05 AM GMT
You can be sure that the top professionals won't take any risks on what they see as chancy jumpers in run of the mill races between now and March 16. No injuries or bans required, just pocket the riding fee. It has always been so. Way back around 1980 my family had a homebred horse called Tough Debate who managed to win a novice hurdle so was not useless. Earlier in his career at Wincanton, Jim Old had booked Bob Champion but he was injured in the previous race. John Francome, then the top man, was available so he took the ride at the last minute. He started 10 lengths last, hunted round at the back and didn't wait to talk to us afterwards. A conditional or an amateur would not have his ability but at least they would have tried.
Report jmdc February 25, 2021 8:53 AM GMT
He nearly died lezbet.
Report jimnast February 25, 2021 8:58 AM GMT
dont let that small fact get in the way of things jmdc
Report now wheres that switch!!! February 25, 2021 9:33 AM GMT
I thought Richard Johnson would get some rides...?
Report sageform February 25, 2021 11:11 AM GMT
I suppose that they could confine the rides in the "amateur" races to those professionals who were once amateurs. Too complicated for the BHA though.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com