Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lezbet
24 Feb 21 11:17
| Topic/replies: 110 | Blogger: lezbet's blog
Well done Boris- what an absolute cretin!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 10
By:
sageform
When: 24 Feb 21 11:23
How do you write legislation that bans a bunch of Sunday morning footballers from playing but allow amateurs to ride in a race? It seems crazy to racing fans but I can see the problem.
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 24 Feb 21 11:26
there will be amateurs at cheltenham they are called stewards
By:
sparrow
When: 24 Feb 21 11:27
Amateurs don't rely on Racing for a living.
By:
lezbet
When: 24 Feb 21 12:40
It’s a professional sport regardless of amateurs or not. He’s an inconsiderate pillock at the end of the day with his patronising statements of what we’re allowed to do and not do.
P.s.  1/20 he never had covid and/or needed hospital treatment.
By:
jinxy
When: 24 Feb 21 22:00
And most professionals don`t  need the money , amateurs tend to try alot harder !
By:
sageform
When: 25 Feb 21 07:05
You can be sure that the top professionals won't take any risks on what they see as chancy jumpers in run of the mill races between now and March 16. No injuries or bans required, just pocket the riding fee. It has always been so. Way back around 1980 my family had a homebred horse called Tough Debate who managed to win a novice hurdle so was not useless. Earlier in his career at Wincanton, Jim Old had booked Bob Champion but he was injured in the previous race. John Francome, then the top man, was available so he took the ride at the last minute. He started 10 lengths last, hunted round at the back and didn't wait to talk to us afterwards. A conditional or an amateur would not have his ability but at least they would have tried.
By:
jmdc
When: 25 Feb 21 07:53
He nearly died lezbet.
By:
jimnast
When: 25 Feb 21 07:58
dont let that small fact get in the way of things jmdc
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 25 Feb 21 08:33
I thought Richard Johnson would get some rides...?
By:
sageform
When: 25 Feb 21 10:11
I suppose that they could confine the rides in the "amateur" races to those professionals who were once amateurs. Too complicated for the BHA though.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com