Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mrcombustible
22 Feb 21 15:00
| Topic/replies: 2,984 | Blogger: mrcombustible's blog
As part of Step 3, no earlier than 17 May, the government will look to continue easing limits on seeing friends and family wherever possible, allowing people to decide on the appropriate level of risk for their circumstances.

This means that most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors will be lifted - although gatherings of over 30 people will remain illegal. Indoors, the Rule of 6 or 2 households will apply - we will keep under review whether it is safe to increase this.

As soon as possible and by no later than Step 3, we will also update the advice on social distancing between friends and family, including hugging. But until this point, people should continue to keep their distance from anyone not in their household or support bubble.

Most businesses in all but the highest risk sectors will be able to reopen. In all sectors, COVID-Secure guidance will remain in place and businesses may not cater for groups bigger than the legal limits. Indoor hospitality will reopen - and as in Step 2, venues will not have to serve a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks; nor will there be a curfew. Customers will, however, have to order, eat and drink while seated.

Other indoor locations to open up in Step 3 include indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas and children’s play areas; the rest of the accommodation sector, including hotels, hostels and B&Bs; and indoor adult group sports and exercise classes. The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).

Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and wakes, as well as funerals. This limit will also apply to other types of significant life events including bar mitzvahs and christenings.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 56
By:
hulk23
When: 22 Feb 21 15:04
basketball courts opening back up the end of march.  think that's the one we were all waiting for ...
By:
onlooker
When: 22 Feb 21 15:06
EH?  .... How do you deduce that?

"although gatherings of over 30 people will remain illegl."

"Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and wakes, as well as funerals. This limit will also apply to other types of significant life"
By:
mrcombustible
When: 22 Feb 21 15:16
The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Feb 21 15:18
Our cup truly runneth over.
By:
elise
When: 22 Feb 21 15:20
dates will be dependent on getting through the earlier eases of restrictions without seeing a rise in covid amongst other things,i wouldn't even trust them to know which end they sh1t out of
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Feb 21 15:29
Basically we are going to get what we got eventually last summer,until the country rises against this it will continue and that's not going to happen while furlough continues.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 22 Feb 21 15:33
June 21 full social contacts
1 week after R Ascot

Looks like Windsor will be the first fixture without limits

Grin
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Feb 21 15:38
Without limits?! absolutely no chance.
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 22 Feb 21 15:44
bookies open 12th april 2 days after grand national, could not have gn on the monday ?Grin
By:
carrot1960
When: 22 Feb 21 15:46
So you can meet your family including grandkids at the racecourse but you not allowed to vis1t them at their home , unbelievable.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 22 Feb 21 15:47
Why don't the BHA put the GN back to 19/4/21 - seems sensible to me
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 22 Feb 21 15:59
bet fred is going mad missing the national in the shops
By:
ronnie rails
When: 22 Feb 21 16:00
The goddess

good result for the firms if the punter wants a bet on the gn they will open an online account,
just what the firms want sad to say.

hope you are well

regards

Ronnie.
By:
Manoleeds
When: 22 Feb 21 16:01
Go to a race meeting muzzled up all day ? No thanks.
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 22 Feb 21 16:03
must be like watching paint dry going racing no bookies and no bar
By:
workrider
When: 22 Feb 21 16:14
I think its important to take the positive out of this , yesterday nobody had a idea of what was going to happen now that plans have emerged some are griping already. At least you have set dates to look forward to and if people keep to the rules things can only get better . I have a Son getting married in a few days and only 8 people are allowed attend ,but the positive thing is the road to recovery is opening up.
By:
Manoleeds
When: 22 Feb 21 16:16
Don't think it has been suggested racecourses will be open without bookies and bars, has it? If so other than teetotal in running players who is going to go?
By:
skiptoomaloumacari
When: 22 Feb 21 16:24
There were bookies and bars in December.........
By:
dambuster
When: 22 Feb 21 16:29
Why do you need a Bar open at a racecourse,?.
I like a drink as much as anyone, but i'd rather go racing on a Saturday afternoon without the
Plastic gangsters who get bevvied up for a tear up and spoil it for everyone else.
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Feb 21 16:32
Unfortunately if bars were not allowed to open at racecourses there would soon be no racecourses to go to.
By:
Manoleeds
When: 22 Feb 21 16:43

Feb 22, 2021 -- 11:29AM, dambuster wrote:

Why do you need a Bar open at a racecourse,?. I like a drink as much as anyone, but i'd rather go racing on a Saturday afternoon without the Plastic gangsters who get bevvied up for a tear up and spoil it for everyone else.

I am reminded of the probably made up story attributed to several famous persons about a  US visa application "Do you intend the undermine the Constitution of the United States of America" reply "Sole purpose of visit". Saturday afternoon without a few bevvies prior to a tear up (never heard that expression before)-what else are Saturdays for?

By:
swiftynifty
When: 22 Feb 21 17:22
Chester's plans up in smoke.
By:
CROPSICK
When: 22 Feb 21 17:23
Great idea Goddess, putting it back one week wont do any harm at all
By:
sparrow
When: 22 Feb 21 17:23
I never bother with the bookies or the bar when I go racing.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 22 Feb 21 17:30

Feb 22, 2021 -- 10:59AM, Fashion Fever wrote:

bet fred is going mad missing the national in the shops

F him.

By:
jimnast
When: 22 Feb 21 19:52
yes good idea the goddess and whilst there at it hopefully they can put royal ascot back a week also.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 22 Feb 21 20:34
Jimnast

do you think we will get a couple of  pilot  days before

hope you are well

regards

Ronnie.
By:
jimnast
When: 22 Feb 21 20:59
i would hope so ronnie but to be honest the one thing these last 12 months have taught me is we are all just guessing.i thought when the vaccine came out i was 1.01 to be having a few drinks and a lovely afternoons racing musidora day.

hope your well to ronnie
By:
Gordon63
When: 23 Feb 21 08:35
Morning Workrider - hope the big day goes well. As you know I've been known to partake of a few beers before and during racing (as vast majority of my bets already placed beforehand) but I'd happily head off to Hamilton with the Temperance Society (albeit for a limited period!) just to be racing again..
By:
workrider
When: 23 Feb 21 08:38
LaughLaugh Gordon, doubt theres any chance of that happening. Thanks for the good wishes for my Son.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 23 Feb 21 08:47
So on the 12th April we can go and sit inside and get a haircut or sit outside in a beer garden but we have to wait another 5 weeks before we can stand outside and watch some horses run around a track. Ridiculous.
By:
robo
When: 23 Feb 21 08:52
There isn’t many hairdressers with 5000 people in them , or beer gardens for that matter .
By:
truehoncho
When: 23 Feb 21 08:53
5 weeks if you are lucky. The hysteria that exists guarantees nothing. Remember Doncaster.
By:
EricShunn
When: 23 Feb 21 09:02
TheGoddess22 Feb 21 17:47Joined: 18 Mar 14 | Topic/replies: 1,525 | Blogger: TheGoddess's blog
Why don't the BHA put the GN back to 19/4/21 - seems sensible to me

Make sure the BHA get this message. They are unlikely to think of this by themselves.
By:
robo
When: 23 Feb 21 09:03
What’s your son doing workrider ?, is he getting married ? . If he is then it’s the right time to do it , in fact weddings should be private affairs from now on , the lockdowns have shown that a wedding is a wedding , no need for having 200 people at them , most of which don’t even want to be there . The people involved do their thing , they have little or no expense and the guests don’t have to get a present , new clothes , maybe pay for a hotel , and finally have to endure the torture of being at one
By:
MaxED
When: 23 Feb 21 09:19
Be nice to get back on course and have a proper bet every time i go online i only get offered 17 pence worth
By:
workrider
When: 23 Feb 21 09:27
Make sure the BHA get this message. They are unlikely to think of this by themselves. Brilliant Eric...Laugh
By:
Gordon63
When: 23 Feb 21 13:45
delaying GN sounds good but can't see the govt going for it - imagine that the first weekend after some (!) restrictions eased, queues outside betting shops, staff trying desperately to keep numbers inside within limits 10-20 people, etc etc would the negative publicity really be worth it? I'd guess that at least 50% of people planning a bet on the GN have an online/mobile account...similarly chester are chasing the wrong horse with their 5000 dream
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 23 Feb 21 14:03

Feb 23, 2021 -- 3:47AM, layingisthewayforward wrote:

So on the 12th April we can go and sit inside and get a haircut or sit outside in a beer garden but we have to wait another 5 weeks before we can stand outside and watch some horses run around a track. Ridiculous.

This my thinking too. This news wasn’t positive

Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com