Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ImSoLuckyLucky!
21 Feb 21 13:54
| Topic/replies: 10,249 | Blogger: ImSoLuckyLucky!'s blog
lAST

Wink
Show More
Report starkeycars February 21, 2021 2:55 PM GMT
Time to give him a much deserved retirement he deserves it
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 21, 2021 2:57 PM GMT
Legend deserves a happy field to graze in.
Report wondersobright February 21, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
should have retired him when he bombed in that utterly crap xcountry race in november
Report hulk23 February 21, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
wasn't even a race for him today, and you want to retire on that basis.  that was an exercise canter, in public.
Report acey deucy February 21, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
No way should he run in The National after that effort.
Report GAZO February 21, 2021 3:02 PM GMT
lets be honest steptoes horse hercules would have finished the race better than that,he looked totally legless
Report brians February 21, 2021 3:03 PM GMT
I wouldn't write him off yet for the National. This was a blow out over nearly 2 miles shorter and over hurdles, the result means nothing as far as the national is involved. After 4 miles the rest of this field would be walking.
Report hulk23 February 21, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
it's like saying mo farah shouldn't go to the olympics 'cos he got beat over 40 metres in the dads race at the school sports ...
Report Bindaree February 21, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
It was a disaster however you try and look at it. The time was 10 secs slower than the previous race.
Report 1st time poster February 21, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
beaten just the 64 lengths
Report duncan idaho February 21, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
just needed it
Report 1st time poster February 21, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
every length of it
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! February 21, 2021 4:42 PM GMT
Looked pretty fit to me

Devil
Report shoodacoodadidnt February 21, 2021 5:17 PM GMT
I thought you weren't allowed to school in public - is Elliot too high profile for that kind of ticking off? All reserved for Byrnes is it? Lovely straight game for honest folks.
Report duncan idaho February 21, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
blah blah blah
Report MJK February 21, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
Today's race probably the last thing on Elliot's mind with the shenanigans that's been going on in his yard recently.  Interesting to see how long Kate's 'vomiting bug' will last...
Report shoodacoodadidnt February 21, 2021 7:07 PM GMT
mates are you Duncan? - lucky you - good luck
Report tantpis February 22, 2021 12:02 AM GMT
If he was mine I would retire him,owes nobody nothing,why run him at Cheltenham,cannot see him winning there on that run.Give him the retirement he deserves.
Report cardifffc February 22, 2021 10:19 AM GMT
shadow of former self...retirement beckons
Report Ramruma February 22, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
Maybe O'Leary had a point about Tiger Roll's handicap mark. Easysland's too, come to that.
Report ambush February 23, 2021 12:20 AM GMT
mjk might be a new position for a referee down the nags head
Report brians February 23, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
Might be seen as schooling in public but  you can't say people were conned into backing him, it was obvious that over hurdles and so short a distance it was nowhere near what he wanted. Many trainers send their top chasers over hurdles to keep them fit and lower the risk of injury before valuable races . It is easy to spot where this is happening. Now if it was odds on , thats different.
Report robo February 23, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
People are sick about listening about tiger roll . Quite clearly he’s past his best , he should be retired . Maybe they will give him the retirement they gave sir des champs and first lieutenant, both festival winners , the former a dual winner .
Report Steamship February 23, 2021 4:57 PM GMT
I hope he gets a better retirement than Sir Des Champs who was killed in a point to point. Retire him and let him do the visiting courses job.
Report Takethepaintoftherails February 24, 2021 12:35 AM GMT
had no definiton on his gurth or neck...looked burly. thats why they are probably happy with the run
Report duffy February 24, 2021 4:29 AM GMT
Had another Tiger Roll yesterdayShocked
Report cardifffc February 24, 2021 12:14 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report shoodacoodadidnt February 24, 2021 2:55 PM GMT
Hey brians - regarding being conned into backing, I bet Tiger Roll to be in the 1st 4 in what was a 6 horse race in the end and it was tailed off. It won the exact same race over the inadequate 2m5f only 2 years earlier at 25/1. So why shouldn't I expect a run? Why are they allowed to school? If it's not schooling, why is it "burly" - why come to the racecourse "burly"? And why make no attempt to use it's unquestionable stamina in the race. Held up out the back at sedate tempo with little effort in the end. I feel conned and I don't see why they get away with it. Some very small outfits have got into trouble for complete no-hopers at 150/1 apparently not running to their merits. Why do the big boys get away with it? Oh wait a sec.... I think the clue is in the question. Pocket-taling rant over - apologies for that. :)
Report brians February 24, 2021 11:35 PM GMT
You make some good points Shooda and I didn't know that he did indeed win this race with 2 pound less two years ago.  Just shows you you shouldn't post without knowing all the facts. I now believe it was schooling in public unless the horse has actually lost his ability.
Report Takethepaintoftherails February 25, 2021 1:43 PM GMT
i make you right shooda. this has become standard practice is nh racing....letting horse turn up fat as a pig to get an open workout should be outlawed
Report sixtwosix February 25, 2021 2:23 PM GMT
The cross country race will tell us of his chances in the National (my view is he has zero chance off 11-9 at 11 years of age) ....and not just his , Easyland jumped awfully on his last run at Cheltenham.
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND February 25, 2021 2:23 PM GMT

Feb 24, 2021 -- 8:55AM, shoodacoodadidnt wrote:

Hey brians - regarding being conned into backing, I bet Tiger Roll to be in the 1st 4 in what was a 6 horse race in the end and it was tailed off. It won the exact same race over the inadequate 2m5f only 2 years earlier at 25/1. So why shouldn't I expect a run? Why are they allowed to school? If it's not schooling, why is it "burly" - why come to the racecourse "burly"? And why make no attempt to use it's unquestionable stamina in the race. Held up out the back at sedate tempo with little effort in the end. I feel conned and I don't see why they get away with it. Some very small outfits have got into trouble for complete no-hopers at 150/1 apparently not running to their merits. Why do the big boys get away with it? Oh wait a sec.... I think the clue is in the question. Pocket-taling rant over - apologies for that. :)

Burly..........aka known on some sites as BBW............in reality Fat.

Report Takethepaintoftherails February 25, 2021 2:42 PM GMT

Feb 25, 2021 -- 8:23AM, sixtwosix wrote:

The cross country race will tell us of his chances in the National (my view is he has zero chance off 11-9 at 11 years of age) ....and not just his , Easyland jumped awfully on his last run at Cheltenham.

i would agree of that mark..... but hard hes hard to judge on them past performances, they have brought him to the racecourse fat as a pig.

Report Ramruma February 25, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
Fat as a pig just three weeks before Chelters? Methinks some poetic licence is creeping in.
Report Takethepaintoftherails February 25, 2021 11:33 PM GMT
prob OTT description....but had no defenition on him at all....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com