Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EastLower Gooner
17 Jan 21 11:53
| Topic/replies: 16,974 | Blogger: EastLower Gooner's blog
The big won!

Class 1 contest for 40,000 EUR over the distance of 2100m (ELG Math = 10.5f)

Galikor (Dansili-Galikova) seems to have found himself since switching to warmer climes and a reproduction of his last start in the Prix de Noel should be good enough...holds Strategic Blue and Sir Chop on that effort.

11/4 looks reasonable for me imo

I was tempted by Amankatkay as the new kid on the scene but it’s his first start off the boat (last seen well beaten in a Deauville handicap in August) so reckon he might need this.
Pause Switch to Standard View Martinique 6.40 - Grand Prix de...
Show More
Report driver2 January 17, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
Sir Chop is 10lbs better off with Galikor from their last run and this is the 1st time that Sir Chop has not had to give weight to his rival, this is a golden opportunity for him.
Report driver2 January 17, 2021 4:48 PM GMT
Beautiful island, Martinique, I nearly bought this hotel back in the 80's, http://domaine-saint-aubin.com/, the owner wanted £200k for it and thanks to Maggie I was able to pull it up. The trouble was that the place was a bit run down and needed a new roof among other things and it looked like it might be a bit of a money pit. I've been to Martinique several times, but I only found out today, through you ELG, that they had a race track!
Report TheAnorak January 17, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
Just for you Driver, a replay of Sir Chop beating Galikor over 200 metres shorter than the race today, at Martinique on Nov 15th.

https://www.equidia.fr/courses/2020-11-15/R6/C7
Report EastLower Gooner January 17, 2021 7:18 PM GMT
Pretty routine win that.

Got 100/30 in the end.

Just a replay of the Prix Noel with Sir Chop getting closer.
Report driver2 January 18, 2021 2:59 AM GMT
Thanks Anorak, was able to watch yesterday's race this morning in Thailand. WD ELG, where did you dig this race out from, I never knew it or the racecourse existed?
Report EastLower Gooner January 18, 2021 2:02 PM GMT
After the last contract renewal pretty much all French races get covered on here and ATR have the rights and I noticed they started showing racing from Martinique lol

So it’s been like a year or so now.

Been eager to get one of their big races in my book. Tick another country lol

The horses in Martinique also travel over to Guadalope for their races but for some reason it doesn’t get covered.

Caribbean is something...rich horse racing history. Take Trinidad for instance...at one point they had 4 legit racecourses.

They even have their own breeders cup type thingy...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clásico_del_Caribe
Report driver2 January 18, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
Really interesting ELG. I went racing at Garrison Savannah a few years back, but never realised there was so much racing in the Caribbean. Probably just as well!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com