Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
leif
13 Jan 21 23:19
| Topic/replies: 4,796 | Blogger: leif's blog
seasonal flu?

Nah me neither. Seems to have been wiped out Cool

What flu vaccines are available?

The standard jab

This year’s quadrivalent (four-strain) vaccine contains the following:

A/Hawaii/70/2019 (H1N1) virus strain; (The Book 'em Danno virus)
A/Hong Kong/45/2019 (H3N2) virus strain; (The Chinese Virus)
B/Washington/02/2019 (B/Victoria lineage) virus strain; (The Donald Trump virus)
B/Phuket/3073/2013 (B/Yamagata lineage) virus strain. (The arrhh just fu** it virus)

No-one dying because of Flu or even catching it since the vast majority of Carbon-dioxide sniffing mask-wearers are dodging it although the Rona is running rampant in spite of them.

Is there a financial incentive to diagnose the dying with the Rona in place of any other cause?

Who knows, you're not allowed to visit them at the hospital and they get buried before you can shout "infuse them with Vitamin C to combat the sepsis"

Blood, sweat and tiers (sic)
Pause Switch to Standard View Do you know of anyone diagnosed with
Show More
Report know all January 13, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
yes me and friends phoned by doctors come in for the flu jab, why there is no flu, the doctors get a fee from the pharmaceutical companies the more they give out the more the practice makes
Report know all January 13, 2021 10:39 PM GMT
the disturbing thing is whatever you die off knocked over by a bus? if you have tested positive for covid with 28 days of walking in front of a bus you are down as a covid death those death numbers are provided every day in the news and thats a fact thats not fiction
Report swiftynifty January 13, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
know all, how many people do you think get knocked down by a bus and killed that have tested positive for covid within 28 days?
Report hello :-) January 13, 2021 10:57 PM GMT
Laugh
Report swiftynifty January 13, 2021 11:12 PM GMT
know all, as a guestimate I would say half a person. 100 people get killed by buses each year. Only 1 in 20 people in the UK have tested positive for Covid, approx. 3 million positive tests in 10 months. Covid has been on these shores for around 12 months.
I think it's fair to say people killed by buses who tested positive for Covid within 28 days are not slanting the near 100,000 excess deaths registered in the UK last year.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 9:31 AM GMT
Has there ever been a more inappropriate user name than "know all"?
Report know all January 14, 2021 9:49 AM GMT
use the most ridiculous example of anyone who dies within 28 days is included in the daily death total to show how bent the figures are , come on lads keep up
Report know all January 14, 2021 10:01 AM GMT
have a look at the official spread sheet on deaths for the years totals, our worst near flu year was 2017 all on line but imagine they are now been ramped up 
official examples
2017 august 38,481
2020 august 34,175

2017 november 42,690
2020 november 47,911

the worst pandemic we have ever seen if you believe the bbc news you are living in the dark ages
Report swiftynifty January 14, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
know all, which part of the figures are you struggling to comprehend?
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 11:32 AM GMT
https://newtube.app/WorldView/LXvWUQx

Maybe not knocked down by a bus but know all has a point. see video.
Report know all January 14, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
know all, which part of the figures are you struggling to comprehend?

2017 august 38,481
2020 august 34,175

deaths those ones please explain
Report swiftynifty January 14, 2021 11:46 AM GMT
The arrival of Covid in the UK will have caused 100,000 excess deaths between March 2020 and March 2021. The exact cause of someone's death can be debated, but those figures cannot be disputed. Whether Covid was a direct cause of those deaths or lack of healthcare provision caused by government policy in response to Covid is up for debate. But Covid has hurried the deaths of thousands.

Those August figures are easily explained. Thousands who would've died in August 2020 had already died that year because of Covid (directly or indirectly).
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 11:57 AM GMT
The thing is swifty the figures can clearly be disputed. It is a huge exaggeration and even exaggerated it isn't that many. 50000 a season for flu wouldn't get us locked down. Your point about August figures may be right, the video explains that even those that died didn't lose more than a few weeks of life.
Report know all January 14, 2021 12:07 PM GMT
100,000 more thats b----cks
Report know all January 14, 2021 12:13 PM GMT
Those August figures are easily explained. Thousands who would've died in August 2020 had already died that year because of Covid (directly or indirectly).

there were more deaths in august 2017 when there is no flu than august 2020 where we have a rampant covid , you would think there would be 20 k more in august 2020 not less
Report sixtwosix January 14, 2021 12:55 PM GMT
Still do not know one person who has had the virus .....not too unusual perhaps ....but my town has been in extreme measure for over 6 months ......having the highest rate in the country at one time ....last time I looked my village had 7 cases ....they were probably in acare home.
Report hello :-) January 14, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
excess deaths are in fact a fact , its possible 2 or 3  may have been knocked down by a bus , slightly more if you include mini buses tbf
Report i_agree_with_nick January 14, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
There have been 3.2m confirmed cases, so it's likely many will not know anyone who has had it.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 1:12 PM GMT
The precautions that many are taking are much more effective against flu and the common cold than they are against Covid19 which is way more infectious. If we had the usual number of flu cases, the NHS would have collapsed weeks ago.
Report loper January 14, 2021 1:17 PM GMT
if you believe the bbc news you are living in the dark ages

Sad

The figures are not the BBC's. They are from the NHS.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 1:20 PM GMT
actually from the office for national statistics but they get them from the NHS.
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 1:21 PM GMT
excess deaths are in fact a fact , its possible 2 or 3  may have been knocked down by a bus , slightly more if you include mini buses tbf  ---  they are a fact but the fact is no one knows why they died. Its very unlikely covid as they are identified on teh death certificate and we have those already exaggerated numbers. For me the excess deaths are a result of restrictions and lockdowns.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 1:24 PM GMT
It would be interesting to know the mortality from road deaths and drownings from 2020. Does less traffic and lockdown make a difference?
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 1:30 PM GMT
Sageform its the stress of lockdown that creates problems. Underestimating it is a tragedy. If you want to understand stress there is a book called unhealthy societies by Richard Wilkinson. It was written 25 years ago so no covid bias and it explains it nature. I think you would find it useful.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 1:47 PM GMT
I might from an academic point of view but the change to my life in lockdown is very marginal. I spend the morning walking and bird watching in nature reserves that are only a mile away and the afternoons watching sport, participating in forums, checking the stock market and perhaps reading. After a meal at around 6.30, I watch the news, any live sport still on, and I am in bed by 9.30. My family (other than my wife) live too far away to see them more than 5 or 6 times a year at the best of times and we use Zoom occasionally. Having discovered Zoom means we talk to children and grandchildren more than we did last year. Stress to me is having to go out and meet people.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 1:48 PM GMT
I meant 2019 by last year. Senior mistake.
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 1:54 PM GMT
I realise that sageform and I am pleased for you, but you are not typical. Its not just about being locked in its about millions of people with financial uncertainty and unable to access services they need. It would be wrong (and I know your not) to dismiss the effects on other people as weaknesses in them. Its not just the old many middle aged people with cancers and other long term conditions will be suffering disproportionately. Isolation has long been identified as the trigger for depression and other mental health problems. This is stuff that there were big public health projects and initiatives to deal with over the past 20 years and seem now to be being ignored. The health of people in this country depend very little on the NHS, you go there when you have got sick.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 2:00 PM GMT
I know that I am not typical. My wife finds it harder than I do but she has responsibilities in the village as a church warden. She is very frustrated at the closures but she fully understands why. We have also spoken to relatives that we have not always spoken to from one year to the next so feel closer to them than we have been for years. There are positives if you have the right mind set.
Report hello :-) January 14, 2021 2:06 PM GMT
mental health issues are rocketing tho coverage is covid covid covid , i doubt many are the same folk they were a year ago

there will be a sharp increase in mental health employment in all sectors  , many people will need help to get through and also get back to normal living as nobody has yet even begun to process the past years horrors

if i was gov i would do two things , legalise medicinal use of cannabis and have an army of people trained in nutrition/mental wellbeing
Report truehoncho January 14, 2021 2:31 PM GMT
MH has been promised the funding equivalence of physical health for years. Nowhere near and never will be. Its hidden and nobody gives a crap about want they can't see. There will be cuts in services not increased funding. They may well legalise cannabis as they will need the taxes!!
Report i_agree_with_nick January 14, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
Sage

A few years back, we had a Lady Amherst's pheasant in our garden several times over a period of a couple of weeks.  I believe they are rare in the UK.

Sadly, I think it was hit by a car and killed.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
Beautiful birds nick. They were imported to the UK for ornamental or hunting purposes as were peacocks, Golden and common Pheasants. They are all natives of South East Asia and India.
Report sageform January 14, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
My Collins guide says they are feral (escaped from collections) in Bedfordshire.
Report i_agree_with_nick January 14, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
A very short video of the bird shot by Mrs nick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEgeju5Kh0
Report metro john January 14, 2021 3:50 PM GMT
My own view is that space exploration should cease, it is just an intellectual waste of cash that can no longer be justified, the science tells us that, also the buying of Arms should cease ,all that extra cash for countries to keep a peace. No one can justify these mad schemes. The intellectuals that do are not intellectuals but fools.
Report metro john January 14, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
The internet is already a poison that people will turn that off in time, the mass of people that is! We do not need it in its present form. It is just another propaganda machine spouting fear upon opening browser.
Report metro john January 14, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
Can we have Food and heating instead of the maniac devises above?
Report onlooker January 14, 2021 7:32 PM GMT
metro john 14 Jan 21 16:54 

The internet is already a poison that people will turn that off in time, the mass of people that is! We do not need it in its present form. It is just another propaganda machine spouting fear upon opening browser.
----------------

How warped mind can you get?

".... people will turn that off in time, the mass of people that is!"

That is a TRILLION to One against  - never mind 'a million'

Must be the most  incorrect theory that has ever been posted on any Forum.
Report saddo January 14, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
I've watched nothing about this for many months. ITV programme on just now- Vaccine, When Will I Get It?. Thought I'd find out, but it's just propaganda and guilt tripping, nowt about when I will get it. Had to switch off, dreadful.
Report leif January 14, 2021 7:58 PM GMT
How many strains are there already in circulation?

Notice how they are naming them labelling them by country of suppose origin1

will  like the flu jab. a guessing game of which strains will circulate more prevalently.

Current vaccines will be nigh on useless by next year.

Report onlooker January 14, 2021 8:22 PM GMT
The Scientists are far more 'on the case'  with Covid-19 and Vaccines than they have   ever been with any Virus and Vaccine previously.

Never, at any time, has there been so many people being tested - and ANALYSED on a regular  DAILY basis - GLOBALLY - than is happening now.... with (new) information flooding in by the minute.

No room for sarcasm and cynicism whilst we are ALL up against this pandemic.
Report metro john January 14, 2021 10:09 PM GMT

Jan 14, 2021 -- 8:32PM, onlooker wrote:

metro john 14 Jan 21 16:54

Report metro john January 14, 2021 10:10 PM GMT
or will people turn off the TV first?
Report metro john January 14, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
Where are people gonna find the money for it? Car , Kids , New Electric Car, football etc on 15000 or even 18000? but I welcome your optimism on-looker. CryCryCry
Report metro john January 14, 2021 10:16 PM GMT
Well maybe if they stop wasting money on space exploration when they know they have not got time to build a ship let alone get to Mars etc.
Report metro john January 14, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
Me and my kind were tried to give warnings, they did not listen. Because they could not see!!!!!
Report know all January 15, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
if you believe the bbc news you are living in the dark ages

Sad

The figures are not the BBC's. They are from the NHS

the point being is the bbc and the media know they are false but have no choice that they have to follow the government advice they have no choice.
another strange thing is every presenter is telling us to get the vaccine every one the likes of piers morgan and his band because they would lose there jobs instantly and they know that i think the country is 60/40 in getting the jab just strange that all these presenters are 100% for it
Report onlooker January 15, 2021 2:28 PM GMT
^  "60/40"

With that logic ... You probably take 5/2 about horses who should  be 5/1

- and the bulk of the percentage wo are against - are the illiterate religious fruitcakes who believe that Allah will protect them.
Report saddo January 15, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
My neighbour (she's a bit ill) was offered a test in Bradford this morning. She said she'd more chance of coming back with it than going with it, she's waiting for one delivered.
Report the dealer January 15, 2021 2:35 PM GMT
We have had a spike where I live. They have set up a mobile test centre from Monday,for 3 days,in the games hall of the old High school. They want as many as possible to get tested.
Report know all January 15, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
60/40 if you speak to the young ones which i do i get the feeling most are against it they are internet savvy know whats really going on but like me realise we will all be forced to get it or have no life as you wont be allowed to go anywhere without your new covid passport that says youve had it, that is 100% that we will all have the new covid passport
Report onlooker January 15, 2021 2:42 PM GMT
know all 15 Jan 21 15:38 

60/40 if you speak to the young ones which i do i get the feeling most are against it they are internet savvy know whats really going on
-------------

"....they are internet savvy know whats really going on"

FFS - GIVE UP. Cry
Report elise January 15, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
if there's ever a virus that affects those with an iq lower than 50 ....
Report saddo January 15, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
The young are certainly not ignorant and know they are all but impervious to it. Nearly all the ones I know are mainly acting very dutifully and not moaning about it, to us old uns at least. We should be very proud of our young people, but if it turns out they've been hoodwinked you'll never get them onside again.
Report know all January 15, 2021 2:52 PM GMT
i got bit coins at 9k im a fool in that i could have bought at 6k
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com