Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
13 Jan 21 16:27
| Topic/replies: 29,576 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
The reason I ask is because I'm fairly high on the list apparently due to an underlying condition. My problem is I phoned the vaccine helpline and they (unbelievably) couldn't give me an answer and gave me another helpline to phone. They gave me another number to phone and beyond belief it was the original number.

I'm getting p1ssed at this stage and they then told me to phone my GP surgery who informed me they are in the dark also. Is this a Scottish problem?

Given the subject, sensible replies welcome.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
hulk23
When: 13 Jan 21 16:40
is there somewhere that shows number of vaccines given, daily and versus target ?  and who gets the sack when it falls way below the target.
By:
dave1357
When: 13 Jan 21 16:44
If you have an "underlying condition", quite a number of forumites think that your life is worthless, so not sure that you will get much help or empathy.
By:
glentoby
When: 13 Jan 21 16:46
You will get yours early April Stew if my OH is right and her colleagues concur in the UK with her forecast,based purely on your post.
By:
chavman
When: 13 Jan 21 16:48
getting p1ssed is a scottish problem and has been for years
By:
saddo
When: 13 Jan 21 16:50
I read 20 million at risk on the other forum, how can a third of the nation be deemed so fragile?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 16:53
glentoby 13 Jan 21 18:46 
You will get yours early April Stew if my OH is right and her colleagues concur in the UK with her forecast,based purely on your post

and when for stewy's second jab?
By:
glentoby
When: 13 Jan 21 16:53
And the ENGLISH never had a drink and yet the worst nation in Europe for alcohol related crime?

Scotland should hang it's head in shame for the 1970s but it took England a decade to address the issue and they as always followed Scotland and still have the problem?
By:
longbridge
When: 13 Jan 21 16:55
@hulk23

"is there somewhere that shows number of vaccines given, daily and versus target"

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-vaccinations/

and the serious press tend to report it in their daily emails if you're subscribed.
By:
Nogoody
When: 13 Jan 21 16:58
yes and so has one's husband,Philip.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 13 Jan 21 16:58
my missus is a carer and is working  with covid patients but because she is a self employed private carer she will have to wait  along with the general public  !
By:
stewarty b
When: 13 Jan 21 17:01
GEORGE.B
Date Joined: 14 Jul 04
Add contact | Send message
13 Jan 21 18:53Joined: 14 Jul 04 | Topic/replies: 47,902 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
glentoby 13 Jan 21 18:46
You will get yours early April Stew if my OH is right and her colleagues concur in the UK with her forecast,based purely on your post.

and when for stewy's second jab?

A good question GEORGE. As it stands, (if you believe the experts) three weeks after receiving the first jab you get approx. 87% protection and the second jab takes it nearer 95%. I think that's the Oxford one. But like many others I'm a wee bit sceptical about these figures.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 13 Jan 21 17:02
my missuses sister is also a carer but not self employed she had the vaccine 2 weeks ago !
By:
jimnast
When: 13 Jan 21 17:07
stewarty

my dad 93 had his first jab on jan 9th,father in law 85 first jab dec 29th and has had it confirmed second jab jan 19th.
By:
know all
When: 13 Jan 21 17:09
we will all be forced to get the jab eventually we have no idea whats in it or long term results but thats nothing to worry about lol
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:09
I don't know, stewy, big pharma sayed give the second one two weeks after the first one, but then that well known vaccine expert Dr Anthony Blair comes along and says, hey guys, let's just get the first shot out there to everyone as soon as possible and then we'll worry about the second one. Then that other well known vaccine expert Dr Nigel Farage says he agrees with his old enemy. And then the government says alright then. Crazy
By:
glentoby
When: 13 Jan 21 17:13
SWEDEN George B? How are YOU and they doing?
By:
stewarty b
When: 13 Jan 21 17:16
What I find really sad GEORGE is that although I phoned the appropriate helplines and my GP surgery it was a case of getting a mental shrug of the shoulders.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:22
glentoby 13 Jan 21 19:13 
SWEDEN George B? How are YOU and they doing?

Still doing a damn sight better than us even without all the restrictions

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:25
and so too is Japan without all the restrictions

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2021/01/10/commentary/japan-commentary/west-japan-coronavirus-response/
By:
glentoby
When: 13 Jan 21 17:29
I care not George,just glad you were not there on 27/08/1979 and many more real events,you are a gutless waste of humanity!!#

YOU know as do I and many others,spineless keyboard WARRIOR!!!!?
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Jan 21 17:31
A friend is having his in Kennington (London) tomorrow, and he's only in his early 70's with no underlying ailment. Could this be another case of postcode lottery?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:31
started on the early on the Dutch courage this evening, tobymug?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:32
started early on the Dutch courage this evening, tobymug?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 Jan 21 17:32
I've evidently had a couple myself Wink
By:
elise
When: 13 Jan 21 17:37
you'd better have several more and do a couple of lines if you're going to get close to him
By:
stewarty b
When: 13 Jan 21 17:37
A touchy subject but I'm puzzled as to why. Given the under twenty ones are the biggest carriers does anyone think the should be offered the vaccine and receive it with parental consent only.

Granted the old are most vulnerable and rightly prioritised  but how many in hospital have died and caught it from this group?
By:
leif
When: 13 Jan 21 18:18
Medical science putting a lot of faith in vaccines trialled when we had the puppy covid strain. Several more have evolved and appear to be somewhat more potent.

You'll be rolling your sleeves up again next year for a covid cocktail, and likely to the same for years to come and if it's your fancy to get them.

Much like the multi variants of 'Flu' they'll be guessing a year in advance which strains may be prevalent in 12 months time.
By:
ericster
When: 13 Jan 21 18:49
I'm not old enough, might get one in April.
By:
chavman
When: 13 Jan 21 19:17
stewy needs several jabs to the head to put some sense into him....followed by a good right follow up right between his eyes if hes still standing
By:
chavman
When: 13 Jan 21 19:29
stewy you just some no mark lottery winner drunkard weirdo,dont even think of yourself as my equal
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 13 Jan 21 20:25
Mum ( 84 yrs ) had hers Today, told second one between 3 and 12 weeks.
By:
Dotchinite
When: 13 Jan 21 20:51
I think Scotland are behind England at present. Most of the over 80s and some over 70s by me have been vaccinated but the two elderly people I know in Scotland are yet to be vaccinated and one is 89 and the other 92.
Id assume they will catch up as they were talking of making sure no areas get too far in front of others and ensuring slower areas get more vaccine. (Not sure if thats only within England though).
By:
know all
When: 13 Jan 21 21:26
A touchy subject but I'm puzzled as to why. Given the under twenty ones are the biggest carriers does anyone think the should be offered the vaccine and receive it with parental consent only.

That is what the government want you to believe to scare us even more that there are carriers with no symptoms, there is no evidence just hear say, if you have a cold you know you have a cold can we now say that the biggest carriers of the cold with no symptoms are the under twenty ones, its ridiculous and so is covid carriers with no symptoms imo
By:
metro john
When: 14 Jan 21 08:06
Capitalism is a proven failure, is anyone discussing this? NO
By:
metro john
When: 14 Jan 21 08:21
Many people believe that once this virus is cleaned up all will return to normal, They are so so wrong.
By:
metro john
When: 14 Jan 21 08:22

Jan 13, 2021 -- 4:26PM, know all wrote:

A touchy subject but I'm puzzled as to why. Given the under twenty ones are the biggest carriers does anyone think the should be offered the vaccine and receive it with parental consent only.That is what the government want you to believe to scare us even more that there are carriers with no symptoms, there is no evidence just hear say, if you have a cold you know you have a cold can we now say that the biggest carriers of the cold with no symptoms are the under twenty ones, its ridiculous and so is covid carriers with no symptoms imo

The School children I wonder why????

By:
saddo
When: 14 Jan 21 08:25
It's Capitalist money that's keeping people warm and fed for doing nowt john, good job it's there maybe ?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 14 Jan 21 08:32
In the Asian Flu of 1957-58, They Rejected Lockdowns

https://www.aier.org/article/in-the-asian-flu-of-1957-58-they-rejected-lockdowns/

"One might assume that this was due to negligence and a lack of sophistication in understanding the need to lockdown. Surely they didn’t know 65 years ago what we know today!

Actually, this is completely false. Public health experts did in fact consider school closures, business closures, and a ban of public events but the entire ethos of the profession rejected them. There were two grounds for this rejection: lockdowns would be too disruptive, disabling the capacity of medical professionals to deal competently with the crisis, and also because such policies would be futile because the virus was already here and spreading.

Whereas lockdowns in the Covid-19 case might have contributed to a lengthening of the crisis by delaying herd immunity, the period in which the Asian flu had the most severe consequences was only three months. Newspapers barely covered it and most people did not notice it. Histories of the period hardly mention it whereas the early history of 2020 will talk primarily about the virus and the lockdowns. This is due not to the pandemic but to the brutal pandemic policy response."
By:
metro john
When: 14 Jan 21 08:45
The Markets crashed in 2007 due to housing bubble greed, they never recovered because they did not let the house prices crash, what we are witnessing, people in history have witnessed before, 1920s and the south sea bubble before it, this is bigger than any of those, WAR followed.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com