Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Facts
07 Jan 21 08:48
Joined:
Date Joined: 05 May 03
| Topic/replies: 29,057 | Blogger: Facts's blog
On Saturday ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Prospects for racing being on..?
Show More
Loading...
Report jimnast February 8, 2021 9:13 PM GMT
hello swaddle

doncaster sometimes gets away with this bad weather back in 2013 after a bad winter the bha put a hurdle race on to help champion hurdle contenders get a run,sadly the then champion hurdle fav came down at the last with the race won from the then current champion hurdler rock on ruby.
Report west zai February 9, 2021 6:57 AM GMT
Taunton  off
Report sageform February 9, 2021 7:02 AM GMT
I really want Newbury on but can't see it. I have backed Thyme White at 36 and laid at 18 for the Betfair and also have it in my 10 to follow along with Champ. I still have the feeling that this is Nicholls' best hurdler. He was cantering when Harry got squeezed at Newbury last time but he needs decent ground.
Report paulo47 February 9, 2021 10:02 AM GMT
I feel the same about Buzz ...
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 9, 2021 10:54 AM GMT

Feb 8, 2021 -- 3:13PM, jimnast wrote:


hello swaddledoncaster sometimes gets away with this bad weather back in 2013 after a bad winter the bha put a hurdle race on to help champion hurdle contenders get a run,sadly the then champion hurdle fav came down at the last with the race won from the then current champion hurdler rock on ruby.


Fair point!

1/3 off 5/2 on Wink

Report ItsMeSwaddle February 9, 2021 11:40 AM GMT
1.01 off
Report isleham February 9, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
weather warming up from Sunday/Monday at Newbury so should definitely rearrange Sunday or days following and try to get ITV on board
Report ashleigh February 9, 2021 7:21 PM GMT
ffos las inspect 8-30am in the morning for thursdays card.
thurles thursday  no inspection planned as yet, might the best chance for the rest of the week.
Report jimnast February 9, 2021 7:42 PM GMT
thurles fit to race at the moment but snow and widespread frost forecast .
Report tony6499 February 9, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
If they had any sense they would have a contingency to run Newbury and Warwick on Sunday if Saturday looks hopeless even with the rugs on
Report jimnast February 9, 2021 8:04 PM GMT
even monday or tuesday tony its not as if it will affect the crowd.
Report ribero1 February 10, 2021 8:46 AM GMT
Ffos Las off.
Report sageform February 10, 2021 9:49 AM GMT
Neither AW meeting is certain for today yet. I would have thought that Wolves have enough time to work the track but Newcastle seem doubtful.
Report commander February 10, 2021 10:17 AM GMT
"We're really needing a rise in temperatures to work the track and get the snow to melt. At the moment we are at -1C so we really need positive temperatures and direct sunlight to help us. We may get up to +1C, but we're probably up against it."


If they can't get this meeting on when it's minus 1 then what does it say about this venue moving forward as a so called AW track?

I would have thought minus 1 would have been the most minimal of tests for all involved!
Report tony6499 February 10, 2021 11:24 AM GMT
Can't see much on the rest of the week but then the temperature rises rapidly from Monday, wonder how many extra fixtures will be put on ?
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 11:56 AM GMT
Thursday Kempton Jumpers Bumper replacement card - forecast to go down to -8 over night?
Saturday Chelmsford City extra flat card
Report cosmik debris February 10, 2021 12:01 PM GMT
Temperatures are forecast to plummet at night for the next few days. I'd be amazed if Newbury survives. Like an earlier poster, I'm disappointed that Newcastle couldn't cope today. I know that the term "all weather" is a bit of a misnomer but I thought that tapeta was designed to cope with -5c
Report differentdrum February 10, 2021 12:03 PM GMT
Couple of thoughts.

How is it that Newbury are happy to re-stage the card but Cheltenham didn't seem to give the idea a second thought?

Surely the emphasis - given the proximity to the Festival - should be about re-staging as soon as possible and not waiting for TV coverage?
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 12:06 PM GMT
cosmik, I think the tapeta material itself doesn't freeze, it's the white stuff that lands on it that doesn't melt in minus temperatures and then clumps when harrowed.
Report sixtwosix February 10, 2021 12:31 PM GMT
If the forecast is better for Sunday , get it moved , show some initiative , I am sure ITV will free up one of their channels.

Instead we have an inspection on Friday that we all know will abandon the meeting ......
Report punchestown February 10, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
thurles fit to race at the moment but snow and widespread frost forecast .




Warning sign Due to the
@MetEireann
Status Yellow weather warning in place for snow/ice, there will be a precautionary inspection at 7.30am tomorrow
Report Fashion Fever February 10, 2021 1:53 PM GMT
rearranged the following Friday one year long run won it
Report sageform February 10, 2021 3:14 PM GMT
It won't have thawed by Sunday. Tuesday should be fine.
Report tony6499 February 10, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
Ireland seem to rearrange fixtures at the drop of a hat yet we mess about moving races to other courses that are nothing like the original race. If Newbury and Warwick are off as they surely will be put the entire cards on whichever date allows them to race next week and give everyone a bit of midweek cheer
Report isleham February 10, 2021 4:09 PM GMT
too obvious a solution tony
Report differentdrum February 10, 2021 4:39 PM GMT
That's precisely what I said after Cheltenham was called off.
Report ashleigh February 10, 2021 5:39 PM GMT
if newbury is off saturday, plans being made to run the whole card next friday or sunday if able to attract itv coverage.
must be betfair that want the itv coverage, with all that betfair banner plastered everywhere.Laugh
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 8:13 AM GMT
THURLES ON.Happy 

newcastle a/w inspect 10am.
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 8:23 AM GMT
there is still a yellow weather warning at thurles and whilst it passed the 730 inspection the situation is been monitored.
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 11, 2021 11:54 AM GMT
We’ve known for 2 days now that Sunday is likely raceable and Saturday isn’t.

Why not schedule for Sunday? I’m sure the likes of Southwell for a small incentive could swap Sunday to Sat.

Got the problem of the rugby on ITV , it’s 3pm and coverage starting 230....so why not get a racing program starting 1230 with the 3 big races from each track to take you up to 2:15 ish latest and the rest of the card no ITV coverage.

It’s almost like the don’t want to stage these meetings to give out the prizemoney
Report 1st time poster February 11, 2021 12:00 PM GMT
thurles off on ruk graphic
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 12:04 PM GMT
thurles OFF, after further snow.Sad
Report gemini01 February 11, 2021 12:08 PM GMT
pity that its off
Report sageform February 11, 2021 12:11 PM GMT
I will be amazed if Sunday is raceable. It takes 24-48 hours to thaw out a minus 4.
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 12:37 PM GMT
newcastle ON later.

warwick inspect 2pm today for saturdays card.
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
chelmsford inspect 8am in the morning for tomorrows card, track currently covered in snow.
Report isleham February 11, 2021 12:58 PM GMT
newbury totally unlikely to thaw for early start sunday so next weekend best option
cant blame betfair for wanting ITV coverage as they are a commercial company wanting decent media coverage for their money
Report isleham February 11, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
newbury totally unlikely to thaw for early start sunday so next weekend best option
cant blame betfair for wanting ITV coverage as they are a commercial company wanting decent media coverage for their money
Report isleham February 11, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
sorr..fat finger !!
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 1:47 PM GMT
last two occasions this fixture was off once through frost and once through electric shocks it was ran the following friday.
Report sageform February 11, 2021 2:00 PM GMT
Makes sense with only Kelso and Fakenham that day.
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 2:14 PM GMT
both sprinter sacre and long run won at the rearranged fixture one year sageform.
Report sageform February 11, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
Ascot, Wincanton and Haydock would not be best pleased if they move to the Saturday and nor will trainers.
Report Twoboyz February 11, 2021 2:30 PM GMT
Newbury are going to race on the 21st
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
thats a sunday seems fine to me.
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 2:43 PM GMT
warwick inspect again 8-30am friday. largely raceable under the covers.
Report Twoboyz February 11, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
Warwick no chance. Surely ?
Report 1st time poster February 11, 2021 2:47 PM GMT
so hendo and skelton who cant compete with mullins/elliot irish because dublin festival is 7 days earlier,quite happy to give them another 7 days advantage,by according to skelton competing in far more competitive races 7 days later than planned
Report ashleigh February 11, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
if warwick off saturday, will race on monday.
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 3:51 PM GMT
how is skelton getting on with colin tizzard at the moment ?
Report differentdrum February 11, 2021 3:57 PM GMT
Unless the weather suggests otherwise an 8 day delay is crazy. Just get the meeting on as soon as possible. Have ITV said they wouldn't cover a midweek meeting?
Report saxon farm February 11, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
jimnast

Maybe better now Cue Card has been retired!
Report jimnast February 11, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report ItsMeSwaddle February 12, 2021 8:08 AM GMT
Warwick inspecting this morning and if fails, rescheduled for Monday.
Report Andriy February 12, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
Thurles rearranged for Monday as well, will be a good busy day.
Report tony6499 February 12, 2021 11:24 AM GMT
Not sure why they couldn't run both Newbury and Warwick on Monday or Tuesday next week , week Sunday for Newbury is daft
Report ashleigh February 12, 2021 12:14 PM GMT
newbury and warwick off.
naas inspect 7-30am in the morning, possible snow showers.
exeter inspect 8-30am on sunday for their card.
punchetown race sunday, snow showers forecast, no inspection planned as yet.
Report ashleigh February 12, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
chelmsford inspect 1-30pm today for tomorrows card.
lingfield inspect 8am in the morning for saturdays card.
Report ribero1 February 12, 2021 1:59 PM GMT
Chelmsford off tomorrow
Report punchestown February 12, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
With current and forecast weather I would expect Naas Sat and Punchestown Sunday to both go ahead.
Report Andriy February 12, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
ITV will show 4 races from Naas tomorrow.
Report jimnast February 13, 2021 7:37 AM GMT
lingfield on
Report mrcombustible February 13, 2021 8:05 AM GMT
Naas on
Report GEORGE.B February 13, 2021 8:07 AM GMT
This is helpful, on the track at Naas from the horse's mouth!

https://twitter.com/ihrb_ie/status/1360499494580871168
Report jimnast February 13, 2021 8:08 AM GMT
cant get those links george but is it the coc on video ?
Report ashleigh February 13, 2021 8:13 AM GMT
naas, going soft, chance of up to 7mm of rain/sleet or snow.
Report GEORGE.B February 13, 2021 8:20 AM GMT
Yes jimnast, just saying they've had a couple of dry days and it's dried out a bit.
Report jimnast February 13, 2021 8:45 AM GMT
on thursday george i got sent one to my phone it was the coc from thurles he shown how the stick was going in and proved the ground was raceable at 8am but did make it clear the forecast around 10am was not good ,leaving no grounds for complaints which ever way it went.
Report ashleigh February 13, 2021 9:15 AM GMT
catterick due to race on monday has been moved to tuesday in an attempt to beat the frost.
Report jimnast February 13, 2021 9:19 AM GMT
progress at last Happy
Report ashleigh February 13, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
naas update, not a snowflake to be seen, racing goes ahead as planned.Happy
Report ashleigh February 13, 2021 1:51 PM GMT
warwick inspect 3pm sunday for mondays card.
Report Andriy February 13, 2021 2:23 PM GMT
Exeter tomorrow tweet hour ago

Going update from our Clerk
@Dan_WCooper
:
‘Significant improvement is required to be raceable tomorrow due to frozen parts of the track.
While our forecast is positive, we would not pass the 8:30am inspection if improvements are not found. Further update to follow then’
Report ashleigh February 14, 2021 9:02 AM GMT
exeter inspect again 11am.
Report Andriy February 14, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Hurdle course ok, just the chase course with bits of frost. In worst case, could you just run the 4 hurdles races and bumper, with some long gaps? First chase is third races, extra hour with temperatures still rising?
Report ashleigh February 14, 2021 10:13 AM GMT
exter 5 race hurdle card, chases abandoned.
Report ashleigh February 14, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
race times remain the same.
Report ashleigh February 14, 2021 10:15 AM GMT
exeter.Whoops
Report sageform February 14, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
at last! Horses jumping obstacles in GB. Tomorrow still dodgy though.
Report ashleigh February 14, 2021 5:54 PM GMT
carlisle inspect 3pm tomorrow for tuesdays card.
Report ashleigh February 15, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
carlisle inspect again 8am in the morning.
catterick say, no problems.
Report punchestown February 16, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
There will be a 7.30am precautionary inspection at Clonmel on Thursday ahead of that day's fixture. following heavy rain and the forecast of more in the coming days
Report jimnast February 18, 2021 8:09 AM GMT
clonmel off
Report sageform February 18, 2021 10:03 AM GMT
all GB meetings on today at the moment.
Report morpteh mackem February 18, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
looks to be a lot of rain forecast in north west tomorrow and saturday , haydock might have problems for saturday .
Report sageform February 18, 2021 12:04 PM GMT
And Newbury on Sunday must be in doubt. Rain all day Saturday.
Report ashleigh February 19, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
following the loss of clonmel and limerick, gowran park off tomorrow waterlogged, hope to run the meeting next week.
Report punchestown February 19, 2021 11:58 AM GMT
Navan/Sunday, 21 February 2021
Heavy. , Soft to Heavy in places (Hurdle - fresh ground) & Heavy (chase) Possibility of 10mm (approx) of rain prior to racing.

----------------------

No mention of an inspection which is surprising considering current and forecast rain.
Report punchestown February 20, 2021 2:40 PM GMT
IHRB
@ihrb_ie
·
6h
Following 4mm of rain in last 24hrs,
@Fairyhouse
remains unfit for racing. Mixed forecast with rain today, mainly dry Sunday & Monday.

Warning sign There will be an 8.30am inspection on Sunday ahead of the fixture scheduled for Monday
Report jimnast February 20, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
any thoughts or news on navan ?
Report punchestown February 20, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
Looking like it's going to be on as still no inspection planned.Good card.

I like La Chanteuse in the staying novice race,it beat my selections in its last 2 runs so I'll probably put the mockers on it by backing it.Grin
Report punchestown February 20, 2021 3:24 PM GMT
Any fancies yourself jimnast?
Report jimnast February 20, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
it seems every card at navan is good ,except the saturday card in september but even that was livened up by dreal deal gamble.

good luck with your selection looks a strong stayer on downpatrick win,i see he can play up a bit is the jockey ok ?
Report jimnast February 20, 2021 3:39 PM GMT
will have a proper look tonight punchestown i normally like the handicap hurdles at navan and naas although at first glance nothing pops out .
Report jimnast February 20, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
down royal good knows why i thought downpatrick raced in the winter.
Report punchestown February 20, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
i see he can play up a bit is the jockey ok ?

------------

Don't know much about him tbh but has ridden the horse a couple of times before but not to a win yet,hopefully can do himself and the horse justice.
Report punchestown February 21, 2021 10:16 AM GMT
IHRB
Following a track inspection this morning,
@Fairyhouse
(inside track - Monday) was found to be fit for racing after 1mm of rain and a breezy day yesterday.

The ground is heavy. Mainly dry and breezy forecast.
Report jimnast February 21, 2021 11:02 AM GMT
thanks punchestown that wont be pretty on the inside track,i see gowran is now on friday which is good news.

small ew dragon pass for me today in the low grade handicap,good card but tricky enjoy the racing.
Report jimnast February 24, 2021 8:04 AM GMT
punchestown today off
Report jimnast February 25, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
gowran off friday now been staged on tuesday
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com