Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 2165 comments are related to the topic:
Andrews 2021 Lay Thread

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 9 of 55  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 55 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,165
By:
TheAnorak
When: 27 Feb 21 08:41
Morning Andrew,

Not ex-stable, I still have Love Dreams with Michael Blake and he'll hopefully return at Kempton next month. Yes, Fard was one that I recommended to Michael, given a brief to find a cheap (under £8k) horse that could run regularly on the AW this winter. It's now a standing joke in the yard that the only horses I suggest that never win are the ones I actually own.

The biggest success is Freedom and Wheat, bought for £6.5k before winning four times and moving from 57 rated when we bought him, to 80 now - sadly he damaged a suspensory ligament last time he ran and will be off for at least a year.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 27 Feb 21 09:41
Good morning Guys,

Another Saturday afternoon of half-decent Black type cards in UK and Ireland with the Close Brothers sponsored Kempton meeting the best of them.

Many will remember the Fred Winter trained Pendil who is synoymous with this meeting, there can't be so many horses that have won a race named after them (on paper at least). I'm waiting for the response proving me wrong. Wink

The race in question is the Grade 2 Pendil Chase although it was the Galloway Braes Novices' Chase at the time. He also twice won the the biggest race of the day (in monetary terms) the Grade 3 Close Brothers handicap but yet again under a different heading, the Racing Post chase. This race is often mentioned as a trial for the Aintree Grand National although only a couple have done the double, the last time 25 years ago by Rough Quest.

Pendil obviously loved Kempton, he also won the KG twice and is probably the best horse never to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup. 3 miles on a flat track was fine and although i disagree with those who say he didn't stay further, the Gold Cup trip was as far as he wanted to go. He came agonisingly close in the 1973 race, 3L clear on the run in (would have been 1.01 at the last fence) but The Dikler picked him up close home to win by a short head.

The following year it was an eventful race and not only during it. High Ken (a poor jumper) fell and brought down Pendil at the 3rd last leaving Captain Christy and The Dikler to fight it out (Game Spirit was back in 3rd). The front two had a head to head duel between the last couple of fences with the former going the best but he made a hash of the last allowing The Dikler to regain the lead on the run-in, at one stage looking to follow up his his win the previous year, but it was not to be, he was a tired horse and CC ran on strongly to win by several lengths.

The eventful part pre-race was a purported threat made by the IRA to shoot Pendil if he won the race and when he fell, Fred Winter (who was watching with the head lad in the stands) even wondered if this had occurred.

Another race deemed as a trial for the GN is the Eider Chase at Newcastle over a similar trip (392 yards shorter) and again a couple have done the double, Comply Or Die in 2008, but you have to go back to 1969 for the previous one, Highland Wedding who won this race on 3 occasions.

OK enough trivia for one morning so on to todays cards. Although they look good for an afternoon of TV i didn't see a single stand out, backing or laying, this is surprising but maybe i got up too early.

A couple of risky shorties i thought layable are :

Newcaslte 1.35 - Lord Of Kerak
Kempton 2.35 - Tritonic

Banker selection - Kempton 1.50 - Tameroc Du Mathan

I don't like putting one up this short, but it either this one or another tomorrow (from the same stable). Currently 1.91 (at time of typing and matched) and i think this is a fair price as i feel there's only one serious rival in the field (as much as i like and tipped up Coole Cody when he won at 10/1).

Paul Nicholls farms this race winning it 10 times in the last 15 years and often has a decent runner including Cyrname and Frodon in recent years.

Taking a while to come to hand since arriving from France, albeit reasonable from in good class races, but won really well at Wincanton in his penulitmate race (good time) jumping well and looking the winner from some way out. Upped in grade next time out taking on Shishkin in the Wayward Lad Novices Chase, but this was David v Goliath with a different result, although to be fair he certainly wasn't disgraced.

For the first time this year there is 'good' in the going description and he will be better suited to this than the soft/heavy he's been racing on at times (ran poorly on heavy).

Gods Law will not be a pushover although i feel he was gifted the race at Wincanton (did look good) and the trip may have been on the sharp side LTO. Based on recent form by the Sullivan Bloodstock UK based runners, Son Of Camas will not be winning.

In conclusion i think Tameroc Du Mathan has a little more class than these, although i wouldn't want to be lumping on at silly odds.

EW Selection - Newcastle 4.15 - Crossly Tender

I normally go for a high odds runner in the main handicap of the day that is probably a contributing factor to a poor record recently. I initially thought to put up Southfield Stone in the big one at Kempton (3.35) currently 10 on here, but decided on Crossly Tender who is shorter in the betting.

Consistant and has won 4 times since the season resumption. Stays well and this looks an ideal race for him off a low mark of 125. The trip is an unknown but this applies to many of the field and i don't think it will be an issue anyway. Won well in his penultimate race at Exeter and was given a lot to do at Ascot LTO (made a few jumping errors) finishing off the race really well.

The double figures odds (small sums) are long gone but maybe we can get around 8 or so with a saver on the 3TBP.

Good luck and have a nice Saturday all.
By:
TheAnorak
When: 27 Feb 21 10:14
You knew it would be me didn't you? Desert Orchid won the 2m 5f chase at Wincanton in 1987 and 88, whe it was called the Terry Biddlecombe Trophy. He also ran in it in 1991, when it had been renamed the Desert Orchid South West Pattern Chase, finishing second to Sabin Du Loir.

And Bula won the Cheltenham Trial Hurdle at their 1972 December meeting, the race later renamed in his honour.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 27 Feb 21 11:11
Morning Alan,

I should have guessed. Laugh

I would have got Bula (The Internatonal) but not Desert Orchid. I also had in mind a bygone era sprinter that won a race bearing his name (not the Spindrifter stakes of course) but maybe i'm confused

Thanks for the 09.41 post. Fard was a good price at 16/1 in hindsight based on his form with Blue Cable who beat him in his penultimate race 16 days ago and was 4 lb worse off for 1.5L.

I watched the race without a bet. Blue Cable was probably the moral winner but Fard was slowly away and Marco gave him a good ride.

Good luck with Love Dreams.

Punchestown/Isleham/Laurie, apologies i missed your posts.

I think Tiger Roll will run in the GN and it will be his swansong, the owner will not let this opportunity go for some free PR. Sadly he's not the horse he once was, but what a career CV he has and he will certainly get a send off he deserves.

There is also a Killiney Chase in Ireland.
By:
Lucky Luciano
When: 27 Feb 21 13:07
Afternoon Andrew,
Aiden Coleman would have the choice of riding Lord of Karak at Newcastle who has drifted massively but instead has gone for one ride at Ascot in the first, prize money the same but must think that he has a better chance of picking up at Kempton rather than a 5 horse novice hurdle ( only 3 have a realistic chance)
Good luck today
By:
Lucky Luciano
When: 27 Feb 21 13:08
Ascot > Kempton Grin
By:
Lampus
When: 27 Feb 21 13:44
Lord HappyHappy
By:
Lucky Luciano
When: 27 Feb 21 13:46
Didnt chase the drifting price but layed instead IR at 2.8,went as low as 1.39 Happy
By:
Lampus
When: 27 Feb 21 13:56
ANDREW  Banker  HappyHappy

Thank  you
By:
Lampus
When: 27 Feb 21 15:30
C . Tender E.W  HappyHappy
By:
PHS
When: 27 Feb 21 15:36
Looked the winner after the last but the other horse found plenty when it looked beat. WD with the banker AndrewCool.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 27 Feb 21 19:35
Good evening Guys,

Saturday thoughts post summary.

The first suggested shortie lay Lord Of Kerak drifted like the proverbial barge (as Lucky Luciano intimated) it was actually a short price favourite in the morning. Was a bit keen and although going OK after the 2nd last, as soon as the other two were on level terms he didn't find much and would have been 3rd but for a mistake at the last by rival Deluxe Range. Finished 2nd @ 5/2.

The banker selection Tameroc Du Mathan duly won (evens) and looked the likely winner off the bend. He jumped well enough (scary at the last) and only had to be pushed out on the run-in to win cosily. A nice performance and he could win a decent race in time. I was a little surprised at the SP and thought he was going to be be circa 4/6, i took 1.91 before posting thinking this was fair enough as stated in my post.

I may have got Tameroc Du Mathan right but i failed miserably suggesting Tritonic as a lay (albiet risky) i doubt there was an easier or more impressive winner all afternoon. Going down the back straight he looked to be off the bridle but at the 2nd last he was travelling all over the field. He looks useful and it will take a decent one at Cheltenham to beat him, although it's a very good Triumph Hurdle this year.

My EW selection the well backed Crossly Tender (11/2) ran a nice race to finish runner-up although a couple of errors could have been costly. Raced from off the pace for most of the race but made headway approaching 4 out and over the last he was leading. At this point i thought i was going to land my first EW winning selection but he was outstayed on the run-in by Sams's Adventure who to be fair did well to get back up and was giving away 14 lb.

Although Tritonic was the best visual winner this afternoon, there was one to take note of in the opener at Fairyhouse. I watched this race as i had backed the short price favourite  but couldn't help notice the Mullins trained Tax For Max who did everything wrong but ran well to be 2nd. Keen, carried his head high for most of the race and had to be switched at the 2nd last. Maybe next time but i will not have been the only one to see the race.

Lucky, Lampus and PHS

Thanks for the comments.

Have a nice evening all.

Saturday banker finishing positions

W 2 W NR PU 2 W

Winners at 7/4, 10/11 and evens.

Saturday EW finishing positions

5 7 PU 4 11 PU 2
By:
TheAnorak
When: 27 Feb 21 19:39
As a diversion Andrew, I reckon this is the daftest example of a race named after a famous horse - the Flying Childers Stakes.

The horse was sired by The Darley Arabian early in the 18th century. He became known as the 'fleetest horse that ever ran at Newmarket', a reputation based almost entirely on hype that would make a 21st century PR man proud.

He only ran twice, a four mile match race in April 1721, then a six mile match race in 1722, winning both easily.

And his name is attached a five furlong race for two year olds!
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 27 Feb 21 19:39
Well done Andrew.

Anorak, well done with Fard. I thought it was an interesting race in how it panned out given the contrasting tactics of the first two, with Marco seemingly having to use up a bit of gas out wide to get to the front after not being the best away from the widest draw, and the fast finishing second having sat out the back.

I guess Blue Cable would have gone into a few trackers.
By:
TheAnorak
When: 27 Feb 21 19:47
Thanks George - it'll be interesting to look at the sectional times when they are available. To the naked eye, I thought nothing wanted to go on, allowing Marco to take advantage of a clear run out wide to get across and lead into the bend, where he took a pull and then kicked again at they reached the straight. No doubt his time for the second furlong will be much quicker than the rest of the field, which would normally be a killer to a horses chance - but was it quicker than the average for a class 6 horse running over 6F at Wolves?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 27 Feb 21 20:16
I see Blue Cable got a "did well in the circumstances" form comment, and no doubt will be a short price to reverse the form should they meet again in the near future, but as you ask, how much did that second furlong take out of Fard?

Perhaps he'll win another for the stable if the blinkers continue to have the desired effect.

The RP analyst actually gave the meeting's "eyecatcher" to Deception Valley, having stayed on well despite a wide trip.
By:
Lucky Luciano
When: 28 Feb 21 11:36
WD with the Saturday column Andrew, triptonic aside Mischief who was very impressive
Macfabulous today, had a good bet on it last time at kempton, not sure want to back at 1.84 shorter trip and kempton
Btw had the jab yesterday wasn’t my turn but misses had hers booked cos of her job and they did me as I was there Happy
By:
Lucky Luciano
When: 28 Feb 21 11:37
Kempton > fontwell.           I should read these before a press post
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 01 Mar 21 19:01
Good evening Guys,

The forum has been taken over by Gordan Elliott threads.

Thanks for the posts Alan, George and Lucky.

I decided to have a forum free day yesterday, instead i had some dad/daughter bonding time in Lindau, a lovely island/town in southern Germany on the shores of Lake Constance (Bodensee). Considering everything is still in lockdown here there were a lot of people milling around although it was a sunny day.

Recommended (i've been before, but not so my daughter).

Alan/George

A nice bit of trivia, who had the brainwave to name a group sprint race after a horse more suited to running the Queen Alexandra stakes twice.

As for Fard, i noticed he was owned by Hamdan Al Maktoum once. Shocked

Davros is one for speed figures on the AW, maybe he can shed some light.

Lucky

I've registered, but no news yet. Hope there's no after effects with yours.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 01 Mar 21 19:02
Gordon
By:
Davros
When: 02 Mar 21 19:28
The race Fard won was slow overall - 10pts slower than expected for a 0-55.  Being that slow isn't common for a 13 runner 6f handicap at Wolves so would help mitigate any strong moves within the race.
I don't keep sectionals per furlong - furlong variance and its effect on final time is on my ever-growing to do list!  What I do find interesting is a comparison between three of Fard’s last four runs, all over CD; most recent first, 2f split, 4f split, last 2f:

25.98, 23.74, 25.38 for a SF of 55.
26.47, 23.51, 25.06 for a SF of 56.
26.62, 23.9, 24.46 for a SF of 57.

The race slowed significantly in the last 2f - but the above suggests the early fraction wasn’t fast enough to be detrimental to his final time.  Typically, nothing good comes out of a race like this – one that is averagely paced but ends with a very slow final time.  Prominent horses that slowed down ran poorly and fast finishers will have been flattered by the shape of the race.  Having said that Blue Cable did come from a long way back – but the merit of his run for future betting purposes will come down to whether he was going well enough to be closer earlier on.   If he wasn’t capable of laying up early his chance of winning in future is poor.

On paper at least, Fard will be fortunate to find another race with horses as slow as that – particularly in the 0-60 grade.  His fastest SF in his last 10 runs is just 62 which isn't good enough to win truly-run races in that company (or 0-55 usually). 

Delighted to see Alan was behind Freedom and Wheat – had a very good win and a frustrating second place (not the horse’s fault) from it this season. Well done Sir.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 03 Mar 21 08:51
Morning Davros,

Many thanks for the constructive post, i know you are into speed figures.

It will be interesting to see how they run next time out (no entries for either).

Looking at the latest BHA numbers Fard is on 57 (+3) and Blue Cable 56 (+2). They both raced off the same mark LTO (Marco claiming 3 lb on the winner). The latter came from way off the pace in true Zarkava style, but i’m not sure i would say she was unlucky.

Good luck.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 03 Mar 21 09:21
Thanks for the analysis, Davros.

Sorry Andrew, you've got me beat with that one!
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 03 Mar 21 09:25
Sorry Andrew, you've got me beat with that one

Morning George, do you mean the 'unlucky' part ?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 03 Mar 21 09:27
Morning Andrew, no this:

A nice bit of trivia, who had the brainwave to name a group sprint race after a horse more suited to running the Queen Alexandra stakes twice.
By:
TheAnorak
When: 03 Mar 21 09:44
George,

See my post of Feb 27th at 7:39 pm.

Regarding the sectional times for Fard, he ran the second furlong of that race in 10.94s - none of the other twelve ran it under 11.2s. Overall, Fard ran the first half of the race 1.33s faster than Blue Cable, and the second half 1.33s slower!

And Blue Cable ran every individual furlong for the first five furlongs, slower than she had on Feb 10th, when winning. But this time her final furlong was 12.17s, compared to 13.01s on Feb 10th.

I'm left wondering if the very different performances of both horses in two otherwise identical races sixteen days apart, was influenced by the draw. On Feb 10th, Fard came stall 3, BC from stall 8. On Feb 26th, BC from stall 3, Fard from 13. Is the track slower near the inside rail down the back straight - or is it just that horses drawn low get crowded as the entire field tries to get a position before the bend.

We've seen a similar scenario with Freedom and Wheat at Wolverhampton, as he seems best when able to swoop round the field off the final bend. When it was not possible to do that because he was drawn in stall 1 (which he was three times), he got beaten.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 03 Mar 21 10:15
Thanks, Anorak.

Some interesting points, and even in the home straight, I wonder if Blue Cable was helped by being away from the inside rail and that has enabled her to sustain her effort, though of course that could also have been partly down to having been switched off early and conserving energy.
I recall a time years ago when there seemed quite a marked outer bias at the track.
Whatever, it will certainly be worth keeping an eye on how races are panning out at the track.
By:
TheAnorak
When: 03 Mar 21 12:22
"That aside, just wanted to point out an interesting entry for the Fred Winter, called Baladin De Mesc. Still trained in France, where his last run was a third place (well beaten) in their 3-y-old championship hurdle last November. He had previously beaten the winner of that race in a Listed hurdle at Auteuil on Sept 1st. His presence could have a significant impact on the handicap for this race, as his French rating of 68kgs, translates to 150 over here"

Following up on the earlier post shown above, Baladin De Mesc has been given a mark of 141 in the Fred Winter. He'll still end up with top weight, as the only two above him are currently trained by a certain G Elliott. But 141 seems pretty generous for a horse with form in top class events in France. He shares that mark with Nassalam as a comparison.
By:
PHS
When: 05 Mar 21 20:13
ttt for SaturdayGrin
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 06 Mar 21 08:34
Good morning guys from a chilly west of München,

Thanks PHS

The first weekend in March, a month synonymous with NH racing, an Irish Saint and a spa town in the south west of England that becomes enveloped in Green for 4 days thanks to our friends across the water (Black and Cream also features Wink).

The Cheltenham festival may still be 10 days away, but there isn't a day goes by when it's not mentioned in the media or enthused over by TV pundits although there has been a distraction this week albeit not for discussion on this thread there are a zillion others for it.

With equine luminaries being saved for the festival the level of quality on show leading up to it is obviously reduced although racing fans shouldn't be too disheartened, with all 5 afternoon meetings having at least one Black type race. For die-hard AW fans Southwell stage a typical evening meeting and will be counting the clock down to sand being substituted for Tapeta.

Flat racing is well catered for with a quality carnival meeting in Meydan (UAE) 6 of the 7 races being group class (the other listed) each with British/Irish interest. Charlie Appleby has several runners on the card (as per normal) and if there is a shortie bet at the meeting it could be Walton Street (12.35) a trial for the Sheema Classic and a race the trainer has won for the past 3 years.

Although a 7 year old (the horse, not Charlie) he's relatively lightly raced and still appears to be progressive. He broke the track record winning LTO (did get an easy lead and the track was riding fast) albeit in a listed handicap but he does have group form and it's not a particularly strong field. I think he will win although odds of 1.66 temper the enthusiasm a little.

I've been to several world-wide courses but never this one and although it's probably lingering somewhere low down on my bucket list i doubt i will ever go. I was in Dubai for 17 hours once (transit) i deliberately booked the flights as such as i wanted to visit the Burj Khalifa tower and was curious to see the purported 7 star hotel (Burj Al Arab).

The latter is very glitzy and opulent, but at the same time excessive, if you wanted to use a celebrity name as a comparison description, Kardashian springs to mind (my daughter would be impressed). I took the metro and went in a few malls but the city is not for me, although friends tell me it's fantastic.

OK enough Andrew nostalgia so back to racing and closer to home, i think the following can be layed

Lingfield 11.45 - Glasvegas (currently 3.85)
Newbury 2.30 - Proschema (currently 2.66)
Kelso 2.40 - Two For Gold (currently 3.65)

On to my Saturday banker/EW selection and hope i can improve on the 1st and 2nd last week.

Banker selection - Navan 3.58 - Scarlet And Dove

Improved since chasing with form fugures of 2-2-1-F and although she may not have won LTO would have given the grade 1 winner Colveery a race but for falling two out. Prior to this she jumped and won well at Limerick. The course (won over hurdles here) and going will not be an issue and the drop in trip may actually be a benefit. Receives the 7 lb mares allowance and isn't penalised for her chase win at Limerick

At odds of around 2.44 on here i think she's a bet.

EW selection - 3.15 Kelso - Blakeney Point

I normally go for the biggest handicap of the afternoon and this may be the case here, at least in monetary terms, though not in class.

A decent handicapper on the flat (won a listed race) when trained by Roger Charlton. Lightly raced over hurdles with a 2/6 win record, both over the (circa) 16f trip. Has to put a poor run LTO out (didn't jump well) behind him but his penultimate run where he won a similar class race reads well enough. First time blinkers over hurdles today may bring some improvement and this sharp track will suit.

I think the likely favourite is under-priced but i probably wouldn't lay it (could be well handicapped) and although i'm probably clutching at straws with the selection, odds of 40 for the win and around 10.5 for 3TBP are value (4TBP market not up yet) and he's a tentative EW choice.

Good luck and have a nice Saturday all.

I have a couple of official lay selections in mind and hope to post later.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 06 Mar 21 09:22
Morning Alan/George,

Thanks for the Wednesday posts on the Fard/Blue Cable race, interesting points.

As for Baladin De Mesc below is some information (not my words) albeit it from last year when the author was assuming a Triumph entry. I also found a couple of you-tube links to a couple of runs.

With six races over obstacles already, Baladin de Mesc is the most experienced jumper in the markets. After falling at the brook midway through a Clairefontaine steeplechase, he entered the Triumph Hurdle lists after winning the Listed Prix des Platanes on the first of September. There he beat four previous hurdles winners and he stepped up again on that performance when second in the Grade 3 Prix Robert Lejeune three weeks later.

That race featured France’s three leading juveniles by prizemoney and he emerged as strongest at the weights. While Baladin de Mesc’s abilities are already established, a couple of observations can be made on his pedigree for posterity. Choeur du Nord is having his first crop of hurdlers of which Baladin de Mesc is the only winner from four thus far. His career saw him retire before the summer of his three-year-old career after two wins and a second over hurdles at Auteuil. A son of top National Hunt stallion Voix du Nord (Taquin du Seuil, Defi du Seuil, Espoir d’Allen), Choeur du Nord is also a half-brother to the dams of Benie des Dieux and Cokoriko. Baladin de Mesc’s dam is a full sister to Prix Congress winner Miserable and is 3/3 on the damline with Supreme Novices’ third Itchy Feet.

Gabriel Leenders has been the source of three non-winning juveniles in the UK but while he has yet to have a runner on these islands, a trip to Cheltenham’s November meeting has been reported. Baladin De Mesc has achieved a good standard over hurdles and patently has a touch of class although the fact that he may swerve the Prix Cambaceres suggests that he may not have the requisite talent to win a race like the Triumph Hurdle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8bc2nBiow&t=17s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8bc2nBiow
By:
Trusty
When: 06 Mar 21 10:07
Morning Andrew,

I also thought Proschema was a lay, I have no idea why it is 6/4 on the back of winning two lingfield bumpers! Highway 1-0-2 is my interest in this race, they have been playing around with this one and got his mark down. Held up LTO (connections trying a new plan when it blatantly likes front running!) and zero effort in the saddle from Tom Cannon. I hope to see Jamie jump off in front and make all.

GL.
By:
Macintoshmatty
When: 06 Mar 21 10:41
I've layed Glasvegas ,the way that Moore rode the track last week though would make it a bit of a worry

good luck if you play
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 06 Mar 21 10:57
Lay Post

Lingfield 11.45 - Glasvegas

A 4 year old Zebedee gelding trained by David Evans in Pandy, Monmouthshire.

Dam was a 4 race maiden. 4 offspring with 3 of them winners (flat and NH) but nothing of note, Glasvegas being the best of them.

Transferred from Keith Dalgleish in November 2020. Won a couple of sprints at 5f/6f for the trainer although one of them was at odds of 1/6f.

An overall record of 7 runs on the AW without success, 6 for David Evans and all on a Tapeta surface at Newcastle and Wolverhampton.

It appears either trainer isn't totally sure of the best trip for the horse, in 2020 he's run over 6f, 8f, 7.5f, 8.5f and 10f, not in numerical order either. This afternoon he reverts to 8f.

In 3 races over 8f he's run poorly although did better over 8.5f in a similar class race LTO finishing 4th of 11.

Stays on, albeit at the one pace and appears to run better in larger fields.

Since his first handicap rating of 99 (September 2019) he has only ever run off a mark equal to or higher than a previous race.

There has been significant backing for the horse this morning, i actually pointed him out as a lay at 3.85 but on form alone i do not see him as 7/4f (currently high street odds). I suspect the Ryan Moore factor has played a part in the gamble (matched as high as 5) as he had 4 winners at the track last Saturday but this is only a statistic of course.

A tight handicap where the small field of 6 runners is separated by only 5 lb and probably 5 of them have a handicap mark to win.

The risk is if he can replicate some of his younger runs and RM can galvanise the horse on Polytrack but i simply do not fancy it, hence the lay selection.

Lay @ 3.00

Good luck all.

06-Mar-21
09:59:18    11:45 Lingfield
Glasvegas - 1m Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:226242442949 | Matched: 06-Mar-21 09:59:29    Lay    3.00    50.00    --    100.00
Matched
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 06 Mar 21 11:04
Trusty/Matty,

Thanks for the posts and good luck today.

I went through the Glasvegas form last night as it was the high street favourite, but when i saw over 4 on here i thought there was no chance of posting it. Well backed this morning (matched at 5). I don't see it as such a short price, although i've been wrong before.

RM is the risk of course, but it's not all about the jockey.
By:
Gaze733
When: 06 Mar 21 11:09
I think the second and third favs are trash, I'm backing Glasvegas.
By:
werbie
When: 06 Mar 21 11:35
Whatever happens, Dutugamunu's form could hardly be described as trash. Its last 2 runs Surrounded by horses that have gone on to win races.
By:
Gaze733
When: 06 Mar 21 11:39
Dutu is the lay in this race at 3.0
By:
Gaze733
When: 06 Mar 21 11:47
Glas wins, Dutu loses, told ya :)
By:
Macintoshmatty
When: 06 Mar 21 11:47
Bloody Ryan Moore